The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Thread sucking David Williamson (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

leosy7
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
9 Posts

Profile of leosy7
David Williamson's Sleight of Dave 2 showed a routine (but never explained) with thread where he sucked the piece of thread very fast. This is a very funny part of the show when all the volunteer kids are having a contest in getting the thread in their mouth, but David just sucked the thread right in. He also did this bit in Rediculous video when he tought the Gypsy Thread magic, but never explained how. Does anyone know how he does this? I am very puzzled. No matter how I try, I can't do this bit. If you know, or at least know the source please post. Thanks.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I thought it was taught on the Ridiculous set.. Anyhoo, the easiest way to describe it, is to just 'breath' it in (single motion breath), rather than sucking it into the mouth (what would in effect be a two stage breath/motion).
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
What you see is how it works. You just quickly suck in and the thread will go into your mouth (and maybe your throat)! Bernoulli principle,in action. Wrap the string a few times around your tounge in case you need to pull it out of your throat!
JassTan
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
105 Posts

Profile of JassTan
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2016, Gary Plants wrote:
What you see is how it works. You just quickly suck in and the thread will go into your mouth (and maybe your throat)! Bernoulli principle,in action. Wrap the string a few times around your tounge in case you need to pull it out of your throat!

Wrap the string a few times around your tounge great advice, haha.
It always shoot into my throat.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It is just like eating spaghetti Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
I think this was explained in Apocalypse-vaguely remember it coming from a French magician, but I could be misremembering.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I insert it between two of my tighter front teeth like floss first. Your results may vary . . . .
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Thread sucking David Williamson (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL