The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » This Jurney Keeps Getting Better: JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (66 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Not long ago, creator/craftsman, John Jurney returned to the magic scene BIGTIME with a new Triple Split Coin set, featuring his routine using a poker chip. It's a great routine, but John didn't stop there, he kept thinking about this kind of coin, and thinking, and thinking...And now the thought has become reality in a very unique & clever way. He has now developed a unique NEW "Triple Split Coin" set by deeply re-thinking the design, and it is something to see, about the size of a regular Eisenhower (Ike) dollar coin. I know, hard to believe with all the other stuff out there that has been anything but. Smile People have asked and dreamed of this, and now it's here... 🎉

Enter, JJ's "Coin Coalition": The Ultimate Triple Split Coin. Now, I know you usually get into trouble anytime you use the work "Ultimate," but at the moment there is nothing better out there as to design and play... Believe me, NOTHING! 😉

It comes with this sweet Ike dollar coin, and a bevy of instructional videos with routines. Plus you got the creator for any and all questions you might have. This new set truly moves the needle as to design, workmanship and functionality. Man, it looks like a regular coin, until it transforms upon some slick command, and miraculously changes into 3 other uniquely designed Japanese coins. 😃

Some very clever stuff from a wonderful craftsman. And I'm really proud of this guy because he came back and just keeps coming up with good magic, and keeps getting better & better, which is good for the art and us all. 🎩

*Here's a preliminary comment from a Café member:

-Brian Proctor wrote:

I'm gonna leave this right here...This is the best split triple I have ever used. I got mine this week and have had a lot of fun coming up with my own routines. The coins slide apart like butter! They are almost the same thickness as a regular Eisenhower dollar coin when they are together. The best part, no more stickers or tape!!!

***Just take a look here at JJ's Coin Coalition for yourself: 😉

www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/uncategor......alition/
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Byoungmagic
View Profile
New user
Illinois
15 Posts

Profile of Byoungmagic
Yes ! This coin is by far the best out there!
The routines that are possible are limited only by your imagination!
His explanation videos are awesome and has pushed my coin magic to the next level!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
What, no stickers? Smile
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
How much to ship to the UK? No option for this on the ordering page?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes my friend, they ship to the UK. Smile PMd you.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Wow! Card men, take note!

This is eye popping, Semi-Automatic coin magic that's easy to do. I'm having a blast with these and I'm actually impressing myself with what I can do with these coins. Hahaha

The set is very well made and the supplied routines are great!

I highly recommend this set.

Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
I own a set of these and they are terrific! Quality as good as anything out there at an amazing price!! You can do so much with these coins. I can't recommend them highly enough!!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes Tom, these are the best out there as to Triple Coins, nothing else out there like them. Smile

simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

I've ordered a set, but haven't had confirmation of payment yet..... Fingers crossed!
Magically,

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
PM'd you mate… Smile A little email glitch, but it was sent out early this morning, and definitely on it's way across the pond! Smile

You're gonna love it! Smile

puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I would also be interested in postage costs to the UK.
Thanks
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hiya puggo, Smile

PMd ya! Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2016, Glenn Morphew wrote:
Wow! Card men, take note!

This is eye popping, Semi-Automatic coin magic that's easy to do. I'm having a blast with these and I'm actually impressing myself with what I can do with these coins. Hahaha

The set is very well made and the supplied routines are great!

I highly recommend this set.

Glenn

Y'know, that's a great point Glenn…Often times we may get a little stuck deep down in our magic specialty, and that might mean doing card trick, after card trick, after card trick most times for many of us. Smile A little variety can break the repetitiveness and be something new and fun to learn and spice up your magic with. Smile I'm mostly a coin guy, but do a few neat card & closeup tricks to give folks a break and to show I can do a bit of everything pretty well enough. Smile

This NEW coin set rides with you like a regular dollar coin (same size), packs small and plays BIG!…and looks & feels great! Smile

This is the perfect coin effect for folks that may not want to spend a great amount of time perfecting SOH, but would like to do a coin trick that makes them look like a seasoned coin man and a more all-around closeup magician. Smile
The routines for this are well taught, and pretty darn easy to get down with some practice. And you can do several different routines with it. For instance, I also really like the 2 Coin Routine included in the package…Sweet! Smile

www.jjmagiccoins.com/home/shop/uncategor......alition/

blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Based on MB's glowing recommendation I just ordered. Don't let me down MB!

- Blur
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I won't blur… Smile Y'know if I mention something here, it's worth checking out. Smile

Man, you're gonna love this NEW coin set. It's just slick, slick, slick and fun, fun, fun! Smile

There's been a ton of interest already from all around the world as to the new design of it. People are really liking all the clever construct and improvements. Smile

simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Just received this - ordered on the 21st, received 26th in the UK - excellent work John.I did own the Johnny Wong Super Triple set, so can do a direct comparison.

The coin comes packaged in a nice sturdy transparent plastic casing with online instructions. In addition, John has also supplied pre-cut circular cut transparent Teflon tape for those wishing for a more silent operation of the coins - THIS IS NOT ESSENTIAL as the coins will slide apart smoothly without this, but I think this is a really nice touch giving magicians the option. Bravo! With Johnny's set, as with other split coins/poker chips, the tape became a necessity in the operation - NOT WITH THIS SET. The instructions are very good and easy to follow.

In terms of build quality, John's set is superb. The Japanese faces are not stickers.... He has specially machined these to look like Japanese coins, with symbols etched in. These can be coloured in with a sharpie to add a bit of contrast is you want. The coin is slightly thicker than a regular 1 dollar, but I don't think this will make any difference in performance as the coin(s) are displayed face on anyway rather than side on. As with any super triple coin, audience management and positioning is vital.

The instructions give lots of options in terms of effects, so you can "mix and match" accordingly.

In conclusion, IMO this is by far the best triple split coin on the market. Congratulations John, great work.
Magically,

gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
[quote]On Nov 26, 2016, simplymagicweb wrote:
Just received this - ordered on the 21st, received 26th in the UK - excellent work John.I did own the Johnny Wong Super Triple set, so can do a direct comparison.

Sean thanks for your review. May I ask did you purchase via paypal.The delivery time was also excellent.

Without putting you on the spot sean as you also mentioned in your review that JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" are superior than Johnny wongs triple coin in quality and precision, out of 10 what marks would you give between them. As I am about to purchase JJ's NEW Coin Coalition myself. Also Paul Richards demo's his own versision of johnny wongs triple coin if I remember correctly.Also sean I will be able to also purchase your sevante, as my mind is spinning with idea's.

Many Thanks

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Hi Graham,

Johnnys set is good, but the major issue for me is the sticking of the splits and having to add clear teflon tape to them to work smoothly. This is also the case for Sucker Punch, with the poker chips. Oh yes I did use PayPal.

Johns set doesn't stick. For me, that's the biggie!

As an aside, John also talks about a split coin routine too which is also cool. This would certainly be of interest to everyone who has again just bought Sucker Punch as you can also do some lovely transpositions and spellbound effects too.

I've got a gig tonight to will give it a go with real peeps! I will use it in conjunction with SS to holdout the coin for production, with a jumbo coins to conclude which is when the coin will be ditched.

Have fun!
Magically,

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
These are good questions and answers as to real issues with these sorts of coins.

The actual size (thinness) of the coin gives it a better feel and look as to the real thing. And the non-use of stickers, that really is a biggie as to all the issues in using them, along with the challenges and even added cost to correct the problems that they can cause. *And so again...John's new design here doesn't use stickers. Smile

Real work out there using this new set will render the reality of these coins truly moving the needle. Smile

Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I received my "set" last week and, to my eye, the workmanship is absolutely fantastic.... The alignment if perfect, and the coins slide without catching. That's not to say there isn't some noise, but definitely no snags or scratching. I'm also of a fan of solid metal vs. stickers. Its hard for me to comment on the effect(s) as this is a brand new gimmick for me. I plan to start working with the video routines soon. Overall, I very happy, especially at the price, with a "new" gimmick to play around with.

John, any thought to providing a "matching," non-gimmicked, two sided, "Japanese" coin. This might open up additional / extended routines?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » This Jurney Keeps Getting Better: JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (66 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL