The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Order of messages » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
To Steve and others,

I've spent some time on the Cafe over the past two or three weeks and I'm enjoying it very much. I don't know if my suggestion is even "do-able." But here goes, anyway.
If you've been following one of the longer threads, and want to check the new posts, there's a wait while the thread loads, and you start with the very first post. If the thread extends onto a second page, there's another wait after you click to go to that page. And then you have to scroll down to the bottom of the messages on that page to find the lastest post. Sometimes after all of this, what you find is that someone has said something fairly trivial like: "Yes, I agree with Dennis." A fair amount of time has been spent without the reward of something interesting and new to read. Could the threads be re done to come up in reverse order? So that the very last post, which is what most of us are looking for, comes up when you first click the category? If so it would be a savings in time, meaning on any visit we can see more, and perhaps contribute more. Thanks for thinking about it.
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
That's coming, but until then, just click the "GO" image in the last post info in the right column of the topic list. That will take you to the last post, whether it's a one-page topic or not.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Order of messages » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL