The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Long and Wide Cards (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Kokot
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of John Kokot
Methods for constructing "long" or "wide" cards are described in T. Nelson Downs' "The Art of Magic" (1921), J.N. Hilliard's "Greater Magic" (1938), and Gary Ouellet's "ProControl" (1986). It's also possible, of course, to create a facsimile of a wide card by using a stripper deck or inserting a regular card in a stripper deck.

A cleaner solution might be to fabricate an actual long or wide card out of one piece of playing card stock. Is there anyone making gaffed playing cards who sells this type of card? This sounds like something the late Neil Lester (Cards by Martin) would tackle. Who is working in this tradition today that might be of assistance is this search?

Thank you.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Phoenix Brand Playing Cards. They make "Texas Cards" in both wide and tall. Since they are printed and cut that way, they work perfectly without the possibility of being "off a little" (which I have from time to time when self gaffing).
http://www.card-shark.de/iphone/showitem......rtID=147
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Steamroller.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
There is always the "Trabucco Wide Card". You might try getting in touch with Paul Richards (ex Elwood Magic).

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Gary Plants Magic.
Eoin OHare
View Profile
New user
Ireland
88 Posts

Profile of Eoin OHare
Buy an uncut sheet.
Designer & Maker of The Stripper Jig Card Trimmer & Pinpoint Pegger
https://theperfectshuffle.com/
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Buy a Stripper Jig Card Trimmer.....; )
magicdano
View Profile
Regular user
Danny Habel
144 Posts

Profile of magicdano
Can any one give me a reference ( DVD or Book) which has several tricks using a Wide Card? Thanks
MagicDano@aol.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
As noted some time ago on the Café, standard Bicycle bridge size cards are (were?) a little longer than standard Bicycle poker size cards...adding one to a poker deck opens all kinds of possibilities!

Julie
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 30, 2018, magicdano wrote:
Can any one give me a reference ( DVD or Book) which has several tricks using a Wide Card? Thanks
MagicDano@aol.com

I too would be interested as I have only found references for a "Short Card"
https://trickshop.com/deceptions-short-card.html
https://trickshop.com/uf-grant-short-card.html

Only a guess here, but I wonder if a long or wide card could be used pretty much the same way with just some handling variations.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Long and Wide Cards (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL