The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Criss Angel: Moving Levitation Outdoors? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
So I had a question, When we see Criss Angel on Tv doing his levitation, those are post-production shots correct. So do they edit out any ropes/props he may be using during these levitations? If I happened to be there while he was filming, does that mean I would actually see him using some type of rope or harness?

I'm referring to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGUITY_-6hM
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2449 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
This is a typical cinematic principle of using multiple conflicting methods, then editing them together to make it appear as one continuous shot. Some could NOT have been done with a live audience and others could have and were. When cut together it creates something that is rightfully impossible. I don't agree with it but obviously it is his main method for most effects now.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
Hmmm thanks for the reply (=.

I guess that is why Jay Sankey referred to him as "Criss "trick photography" Angel" haha. I figured, it is like when David Blaine did the Balducci Levitation to catch spectator reactions, and edited in his clip of a harness levitation for tv. So then if I was there in person, I would actually be able to see some sort of rope/crane/harness? Makes sense.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
But you're "sworn to secrecy"
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
Yes, I apologize if I said to much? However I thought ropes would be implied thought as that is really the only logical way this can be done? I was just trying to get to the point, that even layman would see rope if there in person (which is true?), so I did not believe I was really exposing anything. Again sorry, I will be much more careful about what I write moving forward.
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2016, ThSecret wrote:
Yes, I apologize if I said to much? However I thought ropes would be implied thought as that is really the only logical way this can be done? I was just trying to get to the point, that even layman would see rope if there in person (which is true?), so I did not believe I was really exposing anything. Again sorry, I will be much more careful about what I write moving forward.

I think he was joking?
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
OH ahaha, that went right over my head. Well then, I guess I am alright Smile. (I'll let him confirm though.) ... Sometimes I can be a little like Sheldon Cooper with that sarcasm stuff hehe.

I am really loving this forum and community so far, so if a member that has been here for a long time says something like that, I really would have to take their word/advice into consideration. I do not want to be pushing the "boundaries"/ breaking the magicians code in accordance to the forum rules! (= My name already comes off a little funny, minus the e I missed by mistake (or is it just me that thinks that?) ... it's actually the title of a really good book I try to live by in life.
Mad Jack
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Mad Jack
Now where have I seen this before....? Oh yeah, here:
3 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G06xdAEYcjM
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Criss is pretty good at levitations. He's the only magician I know who can really levitate outdoors by magic. Jim (and yes I've met him).
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
Jim that must have been an amazing experience! Angel is definitely one of the best at levitations I've seen. Some of his other tricks get a little gimmicky
with the camera edits in my opinion (I guess it is good entertainment for his show), but what he does, he does very well! There is a reason he is so popular. He is also around a lot of very talented minds, like Banacheck. I have not really seen any other major levitation performances outdoors other than by Criss.

Mad Jack, that was a good performance that ended up taking me to a frozen water fountain act by dynamo, which was also a stunning effect. First time I saw that one. His arm looked a little funny though in that pepsi video if you ask me, maybe he should have wore long sleeves? (But that may take away from the effect.) That is if you really know and focus in on that though. It was performed well... I take it, that is probably a very expensive act to do, plus city permits or whatever else may be needed for saftey, which may also be a contributing factor to why it is not seen very much.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Criss Angel: Moving Levitation Outdoors? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL