The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents Starlight by Chris Perrotta (68 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1410 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Totally agree. It's so magical and the SLOW movement of the light is pure theatre. The light looks ALIVE

Goes to show that a reveal doesn't need to always be a SLAM, sometimes it can pull you along in it's own dramatic time...

MoM have it on the site now shipping from the UK with FREE worldwide shipping here https://www.magicshop.co.uk/paul-harris-presents-starlight

Release date is the 12th December.

Hope this helps
Dominic
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5230 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That is one of the coolest things I've seen in awhile. Paul's products are always on the edge, and this one is no exception. How can someone who witnesses this not be blown away?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Gregor Mann
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Gregor Mann
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2016, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Totally agree. It's so magical and the SLOW movement of the light is pure theatre. The light looks ALIVE

Goes to show that a reveal doesn't need to always be a SLAM, sometimes it can pull you along in it's own dramatic time...

MoM have it on the site now shipping from the UK with FREE worldwide shipping here https://www.magicshop.co.uk/paul-harris-presents-starlight

Hope this helps
Dominic

It was Bro Gilberts performance that made it so magical. I was so focussed and amazed watching the trailer. It needed to be done so slow to have such a nice effect. Great effect!!!!!
My latest Rubberband effect
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7616

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-rjVv3a60g&t=18s
10 Tricks that might fool you or not Smile
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1382 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2016, Gregor Mann wrote:
It was Bro Gilberts performance that made it so magical. I was so focussed and amazed watching the trailer. It needed to be done so slow to have such a nice effect. Great effect!!!!!

I agree! And the calm way he switches the card at the end should be a lesson for how to switch gimmicks out!
453rob
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of 453rob
Really novel idea to do a reveal.It looks spectacular. I wonder how quick the reset is from card reveal to initial reveal to numbers. Three gimmicks? Suitable for walk around? Immediate repeat? $54 Canadian? A bit steep, even for this great effect.
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
I'm ecstatic! I cant wait for Starlight 2.0 !
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8024 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Absolutely brilliant. Smile And very reasonably priced.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1445 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Looks super cool. It would be perfect for a séance type effect - I wish it came with a Tarot gimmick and matching deck!

How long does the gimmick last and does it need refills?

Mike
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1053 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I read this bit from Chris Perrotta-

"Reset takes seconds for card reveal and slightly longer to switch to intitials. It uses only one gimmick and can be done table hopping no problem. In fact the effect was originally created in a standing up position but Bro preferred the table setting and came up with the phone on the table that you see in the video. You can hold the card with two hands if you prefer. You can hold the card on one side and have the spec hold the other end if you would want to do that."
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Paul Edmondson
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Paul Edmondson
So,would we be able to make our own gimmicks up?
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
This looks great, so visual !

Its on my wish List. I already perform Tenyo Ghost Camera and this would fit right in as a follow up / closer for that.
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
80 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
I love the effect but sometimes things are a bit different than I expect before I buy it. (You all know what I mean.) I'm up for this, but will probably wait until a few of you more wealthy guys post a review before I buy it. A trick that costs $10,000 is bit high for me. That's a few bucks for the trick and $9950 for the divorce lawyer. : )
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
556 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2016, Gregor Mann wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2016, Dominic Reyes wrote:

Hope this helps
Dominic

You're exactly right - I love the reaction he gets front the spectator after she looked unamused at the beginning of the effect.

I was blown away - I can't wait to perform this and really connect with another human being.
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
Is it possible to use other brand than bycicle with the gimmick ?
Thanks
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
This is a keeper for sure, great work Chris & PH crew!
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
742 Posts

Profile of Roki
Looks beautiful. But personally I would rather use it in a mentalism context. So I'm wondering if the gimmick has to be on a red bicycle card? Could I make it up this gimmick on a blank card or any other material ?
Also , as I'm sure most of us want to know , how quickly can you go from discovering the 2 initials to performing this reveal? Can you do that in front of a spectator?
Enquiring minds want to know!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Looks great, but how many people are actually going to have a flashlight or phone with one? I don't even have one and would need to carry a flashlight around. Might be worth it for the effect to carry a tiny one.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1517 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2016, sirbrad wrote:
Looks great, but how many people are actually going to have a flashlight or phone with one? I don't even have one and would need to carry a flashlight around. Might be worth it for the effect to carry a tiny one.

Most smartphones have a light / torch
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2013 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Everyone doesn't have a Smartphone though. I don't nor do I want one, not a big cell phone person I just have a basic one for emergency use only. But I know many do not even have cell phones especially the older crowd. So would definitely need your own light just in case.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
438 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
I don't buy much these days but this is a serious contender, it is beautiful & theatrical as Dominic & others have said.
Anyone know, or guess, that if one buys it one can apply the method and principles to business cards (or at least fairly thin ones)? I have a supply that are blank on one side for predictions and such like...
mrsmiles
(UK)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents Starlight by Chris Perrotta (68 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL