The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Gimmick for extreme burn Help! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DorianGrey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DorianGrey
Hello I purchased the DVD for the first(i think) version of extreme burn not the 2.0 version but it did not come with the metal gimmick.Is there any way I can buy a spare gimmick?Otherwise I have wasted my money.the only other thing is if I can work out the weight and size needed for the gimmick I might be able to make my own.Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.
thanks
DorianGrey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DorianGrey
I was just researching it it seems like you can use anything but is there an optimum weight?
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
I used a burner to melt some lead from a diving weight, allowing the molten drops to make some thin lead disks so I could construct two other sets. These worked perfectly.

Richard
DorianGrey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DorianGrey
Thanks that is very useful. is there a specific weight needed?I heard that one difference between extreme burn and the 2.0 version is that the gimmick is heavier is that right and if so which weight is better to use?
thanks
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You posted this, and now you have buyers remorse.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=210

You got a good price so you are not out that much, my advice is to just by the new version 2.0. What you are asking is beyond a text forum ability.

It is the very same trick as the audience sees the effect. Decisions - Decisions, what to do.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
You can use anything with 3 conditions.
Thickness, weight, size.

It would have to be as thin as possible.
Washers from a hardware store are a good start.
I use a very thin neo magnet from K&J Magnetics.
They come rectangular or round.
This also allows me to ditch the gimmick.

You can experiment with weight by taping a potential gimmick to the bill and trying it before you put it in permanently.
You will have to play around with the weight versus thinness.
I tried a razor blade but it wasn't quite heavy enough. Next time I make one up, I'll try 2 razor blades .
I also tried cutting up one of those business cards with the magnets for the fridge. Too thick for me.

Size: It has to be smaller than half a bill. Leave a small border of air around the gimmick to prevent obvious borders.

This is one of my keepers.
Good luck.
Ihor
DorianGrey
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DorianGrey
Thanks this is very useful I will try and find a washer but for now a very small coin seems to play the part quite well!
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
You can use a normal coin. Yes, you can see it, but the audience doesn't notice, because they're not looking for it. That's what I've used.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
A piece of an old credit card will do the trick. Just cut out a small square and round off the corners.
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Just got out the kitchen scales.

In 2.0 the gimmick weighs 3 grams and the m****t is 1 gram

Hope that helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Gimmick for extreme burn Help! (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL