The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Queen by Asi Wind (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
rbcjhollander
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of rbcjhollander
Anyone familiar with this yet. Looks like it could get great reactions but a bit pricey at $50.00. The moments of realization in the video are what anyone would want. Currently up on Art of Magic here:
https://www.artofmagic.com/products/gyps......aWwuY29t

If anyone has any information or experience with this, would be great to hear what you think.

--

From the site:

After several years of development, Gypsy Queen is finally available. Inspired by working closely with David Blaine over the years, Asi's newest contribution to magic will leave your spectators with a memory and a memento that they will always treasure. The perfect walkaround miracle, Gypsy Queen allows for endless presentational possibilities.

Asi's in-depth explanation covers several different routines and methods for Gypsy Queen, perfect for anyone at any skill level. Asi also includes three unedited, full length performances of Gypsy Queen, allowing you to see his timing and preferred presentations.

The necessary gimmicked deck needed to perform this effect, as well as a matching normal pack, will be mailed to you within two business days after purchase.

Tags are:
#CARDS #GIMMICK #INTERACTIVE #PREDICTION #PROPS #SELF WORKING #THEORY
--

"Don't make unimportant things important." - Dai Vernon
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2240 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I just bought this and viewed the streaming video on Art of Magic.

This is my review for Gypsy Queen.

Just released today, and purchased for $50.00, plus $7.00 shipping.

The video was almost 30 min long, and Asi takes you through the routines that are possible with Gypsy Queen

You receive a regular deck of cards, as well as the gimmicks which will be mailed once purchased.

The first routine uses a principle, that I don't want to divulge the secret here, but is an old principle, and though its good, it will not be my preferred method.

The second routine is Asi's favorite routine, in which you can have someone merely think of a card, you have them take out any card from the deck, and the Queen will be holding that card. There is something happening, but its all hidden, and everything is well thought out.

The third routine uses 2 spectators, kind of like what David Blaine did on his Facebook live video.

Lastly, Asi explains more in depth about the Gypsy Queens, and everything that they entail.

The last part is a treat as you get to see Asi in action 3 separate performance videos using the second routine, which is Asi's favorite, and how it plays out, both timing, routining, and presentation.

I for one, like the second routine the best.

When something has Asi's name on it, I immediately jump to purchase, as he is my favorite mentalist.

I have performed at one point or another most of the effects that he has released, and this is no exception.

If you want something that is different, get Gypsy Queen.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
836 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Thanks, Alex. I understand you get one gimmicked and one normal deck - what back design/deck do you get with it? I normally only work with Phoenix cards and/or Bikes. Would this require carrying another deck around?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1778 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
There is a pic of the cards/design on the site... its not bicycle or phoenix.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
556 Posts

Profile of brandon90
I like Asi's performance style.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
836 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2016, TuneHV wrote:
There is a pic of the cards/design on the site... its not bicycle or phoenix.

That's a real shame. I wonder why they did that - not sure that I would want to carry an extra deck or two around just to perform this one thing. Would have been much more excited if it came in a more standard back design...
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I don't think USPCC lets people change bicycle faces or backs
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
So 50 Bucks gets you 1 of each gaff presumably, 52 in all. How do you buy refills? By the deck, one of each or can you buy individual ones. That's if you want to give out as a souvenir of course.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
On second glance at the website the gaffed deck looks very thick, so perhaps you receive two of each card for your purchase.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I too am curious about refills and how many performances you can get out of the deck
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Definitely getting this in the new year. Can't afford anything this side of Xmas now unfortunately. I think it's 104 cards worth. Plus standard deck. I quite like the back design. Doesn't bother me that they're not bikes or Phoenix etc.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Love the effect, but I too do not see it as practical to carry around an entire deck of different backed cards dedicated to this one effect. Wish they had gone with the standard Mandolin backs for the gimmicked cards; I would have bought this instantly.
TRI6KED
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
395 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Phoenix backs would have been nice.
rbcjhollander
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of rbcjhollander
Thanks for the review Alex! The questions raised are ones I have as well around refills if the idea is to hand out souvenirs. Also what would you say is the difficulty level of the different routines?
--

"Don't make unimportant things important." - Dai Vernon
Wimpy
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Wimpy
If the audience notices that the back designs of the cards don't meet the assumed perception that everyone recognizes Bikes as "normal, everyday cards" then the performance of the effect must not have been done very well.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2016, Wimpy wrote:
If the audience notices that the back designs of the cards don't meet the assumed perception that everyone recognizes Bikes as "normal, everyday cards" then the performance of the effect must not have been done very well.

I think you may be arguing a point no one is making a case against.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2438 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2016, Exitmat wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2016, Wimpy wrote:

I think you may be arguing a point no one is making a case against.

I think what Wimpy is saying is the concerns by others in a previous post about design. While being designed in bikes might be good, it really is academic. Don't let legalism stand in the way of a great trick.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2119 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
From the photo, it looks like they're made with the new Superior brand cards printed by Expert Playing Card Co & Bill Kalush.

These are terrific new standard decks available in Red, Blue, and Black backs. I'm guessing Asi's trick is only in Red backs.

The Superior decks are high quality, look normal, and are inexpensive. The synthetic tuck box material is really nice.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21734
Kevin Reylek
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
I think what Wimpy is saying is the concerns by others in a previous post about design. While being designed in bikes might be good, it really is academic. Don't let legalism stand in the way of a great trick.

Best

Steve

The only point that has been made about the back design isn't of any aesthetic concern, but rather practicality.

The back design issue is that most performers use more popular designs and either don't want to switch all their performing decks over to incorporate this one effect into their repertiore, or don't want to carry an entire deck of cards with a different back design to take out just to perform one effect and have what would be obvious deck switches going on in their close-up work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Queen by Asi Wind (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL