The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Queen by Asi Wind (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mp51998
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Mp51998
Just received this in my mail today and it is amazing! Without giving anything away, the concept of this project is very smart. However, it will take some practice to get the presentation and the handling of the second routine (Asi's favourtie) to be seamless. Overall, I find this very interesting and I plan to somehow include this in my stand up repertoire. However, I have had spectators who have asked me if they can inspect the cards. To be clean, I would do a deck switch in a seating situation but that's difficult because of the different back design of the cards.
TRI6KED
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
395 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2016, Mp51998 wrote:
Just ................... However, I have had spectators who have asked me if they can inspect the cards. To be clean, I would do a deck switch in a seating situation but that's difficult because of the different back design of the cards.

This again highlights my point regarding bringing this deck out with a none standard playing card back design. One that is not commonly used by magicians.

Relaunch this with Phoenix deck playing cards and you will have a lot more magicians interested in buying this, including me.
Mp51998
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Mp51998
A deck switch is completely possible if you have the "Superior playing cards". However, Art of Magic should really work on getting refills for this product, just in case if you are handing the card as a souvenir.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2955 Posts

Profile of niva
I would prefer it too if they were in Phoenix or Mandolin. Bicycle is impossible ofc.
Yours,

Ivan
rbcjhollander
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of rbcjhollander
I will need to work through it when my deck(s) arrive. But going through the video, it's hardly self-working and there are a lot of moves to coordinate. Ivan, can I private message you once I get the decks if I need some help?
--

"Don't make unimportant things important." - Dai Vernon
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2955 Posts

Profile of niva
I am having a blast with this! The reactions are awesome. I am doing Asi's favourite version, that is the most difficult of the ones explained.

I have to disagree with TazBo. While I agree, I would prefer it to be released in mandolin or bicycle backs for pocket management, I don't think people ask to check the deck because they have never seen like it before. Phoenix decks aren't so popular among lay people. Even bicycles here in Malta are strange. The only time people asked me to check the deck was when I didn't do a deck switch. And, mind you, I was performing for a group of teenagers and one of them asked me to see the cards before I had even started, but after the effect he didn't mention it again.

So it's best if you do some effect or two with the normal deck first and switch it to go into Gypsy Queen. I do an in the pocket switch while looking for the card case.

Loving this! And if it's ever released in phoenix or some other popular brand I will buy it again. I sent Asi a message. Those interested should do the same. Maybe he decides to release another version.
Yours,

Ivan
Sanks
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Sanks
Where can this be purchased in the UK? Effect looks amazing and I have a few of my own ideas on how to use this deck.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of aheller5
They been out of stock for a while now!!!!!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1248 Posts

Profile of Jared
I have a deck (new- only removed the wrapper) for sale on the Café if anyone is interested. Btw- The Superior brand cards are much better than I expected. The quality is very much on par with Bicycle.
Bad jelly
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bad jelly
Saw him perform this in Blackpool. Was just whelmed !!
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1248 Posts

Profile of Jared
I've had a few inquiries recently about whether my Gypsy Queen is for sale...No, it was actually sold in late January.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
If this ever gets released in Bicycle I'll be all over it.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
May the magic be with you
479 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
There are rumors going around 😊
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Fero
Is this available somewhere??
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, Delimbeau wrote:
There are rumors going around 😊

Any further information or rumors? Still Out of Stock Smile
sieler
View Profile
New user
Cupertino, CA
63 Posts

Profile of sieler
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Isn't Jay Sankey's effect, "Fine Print" essentially the same thing, except on Bicycle?
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, Exitmat wrote:
If this ever gets released in Bicycle I'll be all over it.

Same here.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2018, blurrylines wrote:
Isn't Jay Sankey's effect, "Fine Print" essentially the same thing, except on Bicycle?

In Jay Sankey's effect it is written on the bottom of the card in this effect the queen is holding the card
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
836 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Also, Gypsy Queen can be any NAMED card, not just one selected. That is not an insignificant difference. I have Fine Print and it’s great, but you can’t do Asi’s preferred handling with Fine Print, and his handling is great. It’s a great effect, I just wish they would also release it on Bicycle or Phoenix, but I doubt that’s going to happen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Queen by Asi Wind (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL