The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Queen by Asi Wind (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1572 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
This is out of stock again so anyone who has one that doesn't use it and is in good condition can they pm me please, I would like to buy one.

Sleepy
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2018, SleepyMagic wrote:
This is out of stock again so anyone who has one that doesn't use it and is in good condition can they pm me please, I would like to buy one.

Sleepy

Managed to buy one as soon as it come in to stock - sorry it's too good to sell.
Kobra
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Kobra
It's my understanding that a new version was in the works.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Already hoping Asi will release more soon
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
446 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I bought this for more than double the price. The cards were still sealed, but there were no instructions. Can someone please help me out with the link? I can send photos to prove I have it. Thanks.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8053 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2018, latentimage wrote:
I bought this for more than double the price. The cards were still sealed, but there were no instructions. Can someone please help me out with the link? I can send photos to prove I have it. Thanks.

Looks like you bought a refill deck.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
446 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Do the refills decks come with 2 decks of cards? I got a regular deck of cards and a queen deck.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Quote:
Do the refills decks come with 2 decks of cards? I got a regular deck of cards and a queen deck.

I am in exactly the same boat. I can prove with pictures etc, just have no instructions at the moment. Can anyone help?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 20, 2018, Christopher Williams wrote:
Quote:

I am in exactly the same boat. I can prove with pictures etc, just have no instructions at the moment. Can anyone help?

Sorry to be a pain, I was sent the link to the instructions a couple months ago via PM but the PM has now disappeared from my inbox. Is anyone else able to help?

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Juno Temple
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
57 Posts

Profile of Juno Temple
WOW! Comrades & Cardomancers - What a fuss over the "brand" of the deck you are performing with for your (mostly) magically uneducated audience. As a Mentalist, I also use Tarot cards in one chapter of my show - I proceed to use Protea cards for trilogy in another chapter, explaining that these cards are from my childhood. I have a special preference for the Nº 17 LE CHAT ROUGE, which I have had professionally 'stripped' for multiple (easy) mind reading scenarios, needed in a mysterious setting - used in the same show.

I have been in the game for quite a while & I have never encountered a member/spectator who has asked; "Why aren't you using a Bicycle deck?" As to the Phoenix deck? Christian is a wonderful guy who puts out premium decks, including the Tarot deck I mentioned earlier that I use, which has the 'antique' finish; but, on a few occasions, members of my audience have looked at the "Phoenix-bird" illustrated on the back of Christian's regular deck of cards, and remarked that it reminds them of the kind of bird they crayoned when they were kids who couldn't draw.

So much for 'brands' of cards in the arena of the audience vs Magician; indeed, the Magician who gets too close to his work & the banal response of playing into what's expected by audiences, who, after all is said & done, just want to be blown away. Wake up laddies & ladies, audiences just want to be fooled and go home smiling & wondering. Ad altiora tendo.
We play the Game - but Fate deals the Cards
Fredzik
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Fredzik
Again available at Asi's site !
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, Fredzik wrote:

Unfortunately it seems no refill decks are sold, just the full bundle.
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
Ironically, I bought 2 not because I needed refills, but because the quality is stellar and I am still using the deck from the first purchase. Quality sells!
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, CardWiz wrote:
Ironically, I bought 2 not because I needed refills, but because the quality is stellar and I am still using the deck from the first purchase. Quality sells!

I did the exact same thing
www.magicman13.co.uk

tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2716 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I have a few cards like this with the Queen holding another card. I have always !@#$*d a card & performed a similiar effect the same way . I don't think I need to spend 50.00 I been doing this trick a long time now with the special card . I also have this card in the split spades deck {David Blain deck.)
Fredzik
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Fredzik
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2019, CardWiz wrote:

This is the kind of routine which does not need much manipulation so your deck should keep in good shape. Just curious why do you need 3 of them ?
magicnorm
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Quote:

Address for Asi’s site where he sells this?
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1030 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2019, magicnorm wrote:
Quote:

Address for Asi’s site where he sells this?

Here you go!

https://www.asiwindstore.com/
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
magicnorm
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Thank you Tim, much appreciated.
NM
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3951 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Question, is their any benefit in having the gaff in Mnemonica vs new deck order or is it just preference? I personally don’t know what I would really do with the gaff deck in Mnemonica stack since the deck really just serves a singular purpose.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Queen by Asi Wind (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL