The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Vale of Stars (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yogi2x4
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of Yogi2x4
I enjoyed reading Vale of Stars (version 1) for a number of reasons. A set of informative pages were provided from elsewhere in the book this effect will be featured in. These describe the workings in detail. They are concise and include the basics one will need before proceeding.
The presentation involves the spectator imagining the name of someone dear to them. They are then asked to look into the sky and see that name form as imaginary lines connect the stars (imagine the stars also if necessary.)
The provided story mentions the performer seeing something interesting in the stars on a special occasion in their life. The performer assures their participant a slip of paper he places down reveals what he/she saw that night, but it will only matter later. When the spectator has then chosen the name and opens the slip of paper they (by now) suspect is quite important, the name written on it is the same as the one they thought of.
There is something to carry to perform this, but I think that this something is very useful. Acquiring the materials to construct it is nothing one can not accomplish with a stop to their computer desk (in most cases I assume.) The method is versatile. I look forward to considering its other potentials.
The provided story is both meaningful and well written, I enjoy writing my own mostly, but I liked taking myself to the memory the author describes. I'm sure an audience could also.
The methodology was mostly new to me, but I am mostly new to the art. The author has blended familiar principles with some of his own workings to create a truly astonishing moment. I find this blend both interesting and useful.

I would recommend this as a stand alone piece, a source for creative thought, an expression of blending methods well, a new idea for developing, and as a good well thought out presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Vale of Stars (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL