The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Where can I purchase smash n stab? And effects like it? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Thanks for the nice words on Slamdown, Rook!!!!!!!!!
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Always a pleasure! That and your Choppo have become staples of my act.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I have a Pain Game for sale in pristine condition, with a good supply of brown paper bags. $235, shipped in North America!
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
I always used one of two two copies of" Death Trap" as originally acquired from Hocus Pocus. Since health took me off stage and travel for the last 2 years or so -- I have not used these exceptional pieces.

Can you screw up and stab yourself. The same as any trick -- yes -- but you have to be pretty darned stupid , inattentive and unrehearsed. In the five years I used these in almost every show -- I had only one dicey situation caused by a hotel I was working at moving a breakfast performance outside -- and placing me (near sunrise) with the sun to my back and leaving the audience almost unable to see most of what I was doing. It is so real -- I even had performances where the knife placing volunteer refused to put the knife in upright.

I found wine bags from local liquor stores or Trader Joes very fine for performance AND familiar to the audience. (Sometimes wine bags also leave room for patter.)

The knife is a full kitchen style carving knife and the holder is a chopping block, which you can choose to mangle by showing the knife is real if you wish. One knife placed blade up in one of five holes -- all covered with opaque wine bags.

While the volunteer was placing the knife I was out in the audience showing them the blindfold I would be using was solid. After the slots and knife were covered and hidden -- I'd return to the stage -- have the blindfold put on and proceed to smash bags one by one, building tension each step of the way.

Whole rig and lots f bags slip into a large briefcase/

I have been offered some sums (large) in the past, but now know I cannot travel; and perform for large audiences again without jeopardizing my health so will probably sell one or both of these in the near future, but only to a pro who can safely stick with and remember a routine keeping him/her SAFE.

Interested persons -- I may be listing these in tricks for trade or sale -- or if you cannot wait, PM me here using my Icon at left.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Where can I purchase smash n stab? And effects like it? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL