The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » An idea needing a bit of help... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I love the egg bag. and was thinking about using it in my shows. I do a Harry Potter type show and was thinking about replacing the egg with a golden snitch (gold ball) and telling about how the seeker seems to see it then it disappears... ETC... Any help on the story line would be GREATLY appreciated.
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Perhaps you the bag could be what you tried to keep the snitch in when you were a seeker. It didn't work out because everytime you went to show that you had actually caught the snitch it wasn't in the bag where you had just put it.
You could also build a Grants Comedy style bag but instead of a chicken it could be a phoenix and you could finish your routine by not only finally showung everyone you had caught the snitch but managed to be accepted into the Order of the Phoenix as well.
That's all I could come up with off the top of my head.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Very nice idea. That could lead to a very well-rounded routine. Let us know if you try it out and how it goes over for you.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Just in showing that you want to use a gold ball instead of an egg illustrates that you already have a good routine. As to “well rounded”, what could be more “rounded” than a gold ball.

I have a very well made “Harry Potter” hat that I do not use. If you would like it, PM me with a mailing address.

I bet the kids will love what ever you come up with.
Bob
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Love the idea of using a gold ball as the "snitch" in quidditch.
Just telling the story of the game, as in the Potter books, should produce enough of a routine: The speed of the snitch, its ability to hide, etc.
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
Yes, I agree. You already have the inspirational part. I might also include something to do with Draco cacthing the snitch (the audience will probably boo) and then show that it has vanished and he did not really catch it. (the audience will cheer) then go into the Harry Potter part and getting into the Order of the Phoenix suggested by Payne. Great concept. Let us know what you come up with and how it goes!
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Dress the birthday kid up (have your wife make a small waist-length magic robe and get a conical wizards hat) - the bag is Harry's bag of magical materia - you can show that it "only" has two or three things in it - then run him through a Quidditch match and he needs each component to ward off bad magic during the game - let the kid pretend to fly, wave a wand that's in the bag, etc - at the end, if ONLY he had some (whatever, woofle dust) but there's none in the bag! Harry seems defeated! But when the referee calls all players to land because the snitch is nowhere to be seen, guess where it is found!
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » An idea needing a bit of help... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL