The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Second Coming by Fraser Parker and Ross Tayler (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2250 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So earlier today after work I skyped for the longest time with Fraser Parker, and he performed some of the items from this new book which is coming out soon.

Here is the website:

http://www.fraserparker.co.uk/secondcoming.htm

I am lucky to call Fraser a friend, but more that I got to experience first hand some of the effects in the book performed for me.

Here are my thoughts about each effect that he performed for me:

The first effect he performed was a reverse type name guess in which Fraser apparently had the name written down before like a prediction.

I thought of the name Rick, since I had just finished watching The Walking Dead, and he had it written on the billet.

there was a process, but it didn't seem like a process, and it wasnt involved, not what I remember

Afterwards, we discussed the method, and though simple in nature, elegant and layered is the correct word for the method.

If you liked False Messiah, this method is more streamlined, and there are actually 2 methods that are all rolled up into one. Very nice. I was smiling since this is something that most of you will take and run with it.

He also explained that Peter Turner and Michael Murray as always were inspirations in some of these methods.

The above could also be used for a word as well.

The next effect he performed on me was like a propless name guess.

He and Ross feel this is the best solution at guessing names completely propless.

Great effect, in which many subtle principles are used indiscretely, and yet all weave together to create something.

Fraser asked me to think of someone, and I thought of the name Ross to try and catch him out.

Again, this is further refined, as if False Messiah couldn't improve, well they have done it, and this time for those people that worry about it not being foolproof, we arrive

at a method that will 95% or greater success rate at getting it correct. Heck you can even get 100% rate, if you direct your spectator, with a simple method, and you use this principle, if not you have a 95% or greater success rate. Forget about trying to guess, with this, I believe is the ultimate way to guess a spectators name.

What I like about the above is that you get updated principles, framing, and even new ideas, principles and thoughts that are all helpful in achieving the impossible

Fraser says there are variations on some of the principles that you can play around with.

It is also possible to use the same method on the name guess in reverse with spectator as the mind reader.

So far this is all that we Skyped about and both routines are easily adaptable to what and how you want to present and perform this.

Cant wait till this is released, and purchase this as I did with False Messiah and some of Frasers other work.

for me, Frasers best work was Memoria, IMHO. I think based on what I experienced today, Second coming, could either replace Memoria or come in close second.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Nick Singh
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
133 Posts

Profile of Nick Singh
Can this only be done with names? What about names of countries or cities?
Magician and Emcee in Singapore - www.nick.com.sg
Youtube channel of travel videos and podcasts - www.youtube.com/user/blackchilliwing/videos
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2250 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Yes as it will be even simpler
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
KASASAGI
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of KASASAGI
Is it language restricted?
Does it suit other language without alphabet like japanese.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8250 Posts

Profile of pegasus
You can't beat a second coming.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Fraser performed some of these effects on me and what I find particularly beautiful is how much is achieved with so little script. Each word has been carefully chosen to have a specific set of functions and the result is, to me, something very similar to what the real deal would look like.

IMHO, this is the best propless name divination to date!
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Sadly, I'm almost sure this WON'T work in languages without an alphabet.

Quote:
On Dec 15, 2016, KASASAGI wrote:
Is it language restricted?
Does it suit other language without alphabet like japanese.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I just read the first few edited pages of Second Coming...

Second Coming is an understatement for this project....

I've been lucky enough to be friends with Ross and Fraser for a few years now. Being friends with them has given me a front row seat to being a test subject and tester of the material being presented In almost all of their work.

The name guess and the star sign guess alone are worth the price of admission!

A few disclaimers...

If you don't have a personality, conversational skills to wrap the works around or you're not comfortable feeling like a real mind reader to your audiences then this work won't be for you...

If you're a devoted student looking to put your full heart, soul and mind into truly creating an experience that feels like real mind reading then this will definitely be a necessity in your journey in the art of mentalism!

XX,
Jacob
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Being a friend of Fraser, I have been privy to some of the effects that are going to be in this, and I am extremely impressed. As someone who loves propless mentalism this kind of work is a dream come true for me. It's not for those who want to 'do tricks', it's for those who have the presence of mind and ability to take someone on a brief journey into their, or even your mind, using the brilliant techniques and thoroughly thought out scripting in this forthcoming book.

I am a fan of Fraser's work, it really is excellent and I love what I have read so far. This will be something very special.
magiclarsen
View Profile
New user
Orlando
29 Posts

Profile of magiclarsen
Very much looking forward to getting this. I loved Rose. MOOL was also great. Definitely see how they were influenced By Kenton!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Waiting for mine to arrive from across the pond Smile
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
It's finally here everyone!

The Second Coming is truly an immaculate conception...by that I don't only mean because it's a mutant love child between two of mentalism's most creative fooling performers. This material is a complete crash course in how to use the propless model that Fraser & Ross have laid out and been promoting in their ground breaking works from Ouija to the most recent free gem MOOL.

Some of you are already fretting...Concerned that this is a collection of strictly propless effects...That would be where you'd be wrong!

Other than a treasure trove of propless methods for guessing names,predictions, the BEST star sign divination ever conceived, reverse name guesses and even a new fresh thinking on Hellstromism (the only approach I will use from this point forward), you're going to find a myriad of concepts for new takes on billets, cards and even some beautiful phone effects!

I will be recording a review this once I give it another look through, but on the first read...my head is seriously spinning with dances of beautiful concepts and honest deception! This is a tome that will undoubtedly be quoted as a landmark in the next frontier of mentalism!

XX,
Jakob

P.S. Seriously on the star sign divination...it's so frigg'n great and it's structured theatrically within it's inner workings!!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2017, magician 336 wrote:
It's finally here everyone!

The Second Coming is truly an immaculate conception...by that I don't only mean because it's a mutant love child between two of mentalism's most creative fooling performers. This material is a complete crash course in how to use the propless model that Fraser & Ross have laid out and been promoting in their ground breaking works from Ouija to the most recent free gem MOOL.

Some of you are already fretting...Concerned that this is a collection of strictly propless effects...That would be where you'd be wrong!

Other than a treasure trove of propless methods for guessing names,predictions, the BEST star sign divination ever conceived, reverse name guesses and even a new fresh thinking on Hellstromism (the only approach I will use from this point forward), you're going to find a myriad of concepts for new takes on billets, cards and even some beautiful phone effects!

I will be recording a review this once I give it another look through, but on the first read...my head is seriously spinning with dances of beautiful concepts and honest deception! This is a tome that will undoubtedly be quoted as a landmark in the next frontier of mentalism!

XX,
Jakob

P.S. Seriously on the star sign divination...it's so frigg'n great and it's structured theatrically within it's inner workings!!

I hate you right now. :|
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Well I love you brother ;*

XX,
Jakob
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2017, magician 336 wrote:
Well I love you brother ;*

XX,
Jakob

Bwah ha ha ha ha. Trolololol.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2250 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I have to echo Jakobs thoughts.

If you liked False Messiah, this is more streamlined and a lot easier to perform.

For those that are on the fence, whether propless methods are for you.

If you have dabbled with propless methods before and you have studied Frasers work in the past, this to me, is on a league of its own.

The thought structure behind every routine and idea is amazing, and I love how streamlined and clean everything is.

No more worrying, for some of you, whether this will work or not, since Skyping with Fraser almost a month ago, and got a sneak peek at some of the methods, not all.

I absolutely fell in love with the methods, because they are what they seem. Nothing is hidden and everything seems so fair and out in the open.

As Peter turner would call it, the re-frame works beautifully, and this time around, the structure, and flow of the propless arena seems to shine.

I received my copy the other day, and immediately read through it once, and let it all soak in.

I will read it once more between tonight and tomorrow, and then start to pick my favorites.

Whenever I purchase a release, I try to get at least 1 if not more good information, theory, structure, idea, presentation, routine, effect, out of what I purchased, and to me that was worth it.

Having read through this once, I can immediately see myself practicing and re-reading at least 3-4 effects. From False Messiah, I perform two effects anytime I don't have cards on me, and want to put it more propless effects in. From this, I am already doubling the effects that I will perform.

As I said before, more streamlined, that is the key.

There is some genious thinking from both Fraser and Ross here.

Pay attention to the finer details.

Great release.

More later, after I have practiced and performed some of the effects.

Alex Alejandro
MindAgent
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of MindAgent
This sounds insanely clean. So clean that it makes me doubt it.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2017, MindAgent wrote:
This sounds insanely clean. So clean that it makes me doubt it.

I wouldn't doubt it. If you are familiar with any of Fraser's material, they all contain pretty reliable methods with scripts and ploys which makes the method invisible along with a lot of attention paid to directness and flow of the routine.

There are some propless material which I've seen that made me scratch my head as to why the thing even exists. The audience will not figure out the method because they would be very confused trying to keep track. Fraser's stuff thankfully are not in that vein nor is he using suggestion/hypnosis. It works. They are reliable. He's a magician first and foremost so the design of the routines are virtually surefire except he manipulates via language rather than mechanical means.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
As promised, here is a video review that highlights my utter delight with the material found inside Second Coming!

http://bit.ly/2i42SxC

XX,
Jakob
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Thanks to great customer service from Fraser (as per usual), reading of Second Coming shall commence now Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Second Coming by Fraser Parker and Ross Tayler (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL