The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Cash by Alan Wong (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
One more thing. As far as showing the fan of bills. I found we all have our sweet spots when fanning cards or bills using this method. I found holding these bills with a firm pinch using my thumb and pointer finger just below the half way point works very nicely and avoids any separation of the bills. If anyone has any questions about this please feel free to ask here in open or pm me.

Good magic to all,

Eric
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1038 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Since this effect can be performed utilizing a smaller number of the props, couldn't the production occur in segments to then display the whole group of 100's? That way it isn't such a "quick" trick.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Yes it could. Not a bad idea. Thanks.

Good magic to all,

Eric
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6696 Posts

Profile of bowers
Received mine this evening.And I really like it.
Very easy to do.And the bills look really good.
This will be great for stage or parlor shows.
The bills don't look that shiny to me.But they
do look very realistic.I will use this in my shows.
Todd Smile
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1423 Posts

Profile of JNeal
This effect and method was actually created by Finn Jon... well over 30 years ago. It was explained by him in his lecture many years back and recently published in Genii Magazine... and of course, can be made up in any currency with genuine bills.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Great trick!!!!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Agreed. I have a lot of fun with this one and it gets nice reactions...but then again its money!

Good magic to all,

Eric
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13646 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Surprised I hadn't seen this before. I think it looks pretty cool, but why did Alan have to use SHINEY bills? If you are going to do a bill change, don't you want the bills to look as authentic as possible? Why use bills that scream FAKE?

I think if it weren't for the glossiness of the bills, I might plunk down some real bucks for these fake bucks, but I'm holding off.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MakeYourMagic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of MakeYourMagic
Question: Could you put a number of bills - 5 to 10 - in a Himber type or similar wallet. Pull out the wad, do the trick, put them back in, ,when they ask to examine pull out the real ones, or open up the wallet to show a similar size stack and pull out one or two?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4525 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, daffydoug wrote:
Surprised I hadn't seen this before. I think it looks pretty cool, but why did Alan have to use SHINEY bills? If you are going to do a bill change, don't you want the bills to look as authentic as possible? Why use bills that scream FAKE?

I think if it weren't for the glossiness of the bills, I might plunk down some real bucks for these fake bucks, but I'm holding off.

They shiny bills do not diminish the effect for the audience. I have used this a decent amount of times always with great reactions.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4525 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2019, MakeYourMagic wrote:
Question: Could you put a number of bills - 5 to 10 - in a Himber type or similar wallet. Pull out the wad, do the trick, put them back in, ,when they ask to examine pull out the real ones, or open up the wallet to show a similar size stack and pull out one or two?

I doubt it only because the amount of bills that are used is a decent amount so the stack is fairly thick for a Himber.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13646 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2019, daffydoug wrote:

They shiny bills do not diminish the effect for the audience. I have used this a decent amount of times always with great reactions.

I don't understand.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4027 Posts

Profile of videoman
This is one of tricks I bought but had to return. I just couldn’t accept that anyone would believe that it is real money, and why would they? It doesn’t look like any US currency that has ever existed in the real world.

This is one of those areas that can get very confusing, because so often you hear that attention to detail is so important in magic but these bills are immediately apparent as not being real. So for me, that ruins the entire illusion.

I guess I’m just not a good enough actor to convince my audiences that I believe that these are genuine bills, so they aren’t going to believe it either.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4525 Posts

Profile of RNK
I have found when performing this effect that it's not about the bills looking real it's about the effect and what happens. Not to mention as I mentioned before I have always got great reactions using this and the audience has never made any comments about the bills looking fake, they were just always shocked when the transformation took place.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flash Cash by Alan Wong (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL