The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scott Alexander and Dan Harlan Holiday Special 4 LIVE: Sunday Dec 25th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIV (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4724 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
All my hopes and dreams of not being alone for yet another Christmas have now been shattered. Oh well, Merry Christmas anyway to the rest of you.

BTW, I got no response to tweeting them about it not working or possibly being delayed.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Puerto Rico
214 Posts

Profile of Orlan
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:
All my hopes and dreams of not being alone for yet another Christmas have now been shattered. Oh well, Merry Christmas anyway to the rest of you.

BTW, I got no response to tweeting them about it not working or possibly being delayed.

It went up a bit ago, you need to click on the "Learn" button, it's not showing in the video feed (lectures aren't live anymore anyway).
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
4724 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
My "Learn button" was not there but did finally show up a couple minutes ago. Smile

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
192 Posts

Profile of Wardy
Yep, all good here too now. Happy holidays everyone!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
4724 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2016, Afal wrote:
Looking forward to this year's lecture. I enjoyed a last year's free lecture (despite some rather unfortunate jokes).

OOPS, But they do warn you in advance. Not 5 mins in and the language is pretty salty.

That said, I don't mind at all. I used to get booked often for a "totally adult bar show" where I billed myself as "Omar the Obnoxious" (and lived up to it). I also did very family friendly birthday parties for kids. We are entertainers and that covers a lot of different genres. I keep my stuff "mostly clean" at this point but with the right chemistry in a particular group, sometimes this type stuff they are showing and doing works.

Smile Smile
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1462 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
I just heard that too many people were trying to watch it and the server couldn't handle it. So.... it is being immediately placed in your online magic collection for viewing. Grab a glass of nog and hit the green learn button.

Thanks everyone!

Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Thank You, Scott- Much appreciated!

MERRY NEW YEAR!

-No, it's, "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

...THANK YOU FOR COLLECTING MY ENLISH WHICH STINK. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1462 Posts

Ha!!!! Funny! Smile
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Thanks Scott & Dan - after buying the last 3 specials (I missed last year's deal) I hoped all year for a fourth special and here we go.
Just hit the play button and after 30 minutes I can already say: great show - my kind of humour... These two gentlemen should work together more often
Hilarious !!!

Thumbs up & thanks!!!

Cheers
Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1282 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
This was a lot of fun, a well-paced balance of comedy and magic, with Scott's talent for original musical wit making the show special.

Favorite parts: A Christmas Carol with visits from Harlan Tarbell and Dai Vernon; the Rick Lax song; Linking Safety Pins and White Russian Roulette.

Thanks to Scott, Dan, Acar and everybody at Penguin!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22126 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Downloaded and watch this morning. They added an hour to last years 3 hour show. Kept it moving along and had some really good ideas.

Dan Harlan offered some really good ideas, a lot more then last year, and useable material. As usual, Scott Alexander was very creative, although, secretly, I think he would rather be a singer, then a magician.

I don't think anyone who watches this, would go away without something to use. and defiantly have to say they learned something.

The cake ideas, in the Baking A Cake in hat totally fooled me. The spoon thing flew right past me, as did the ingenious idea for the cake.

A lot of "skits" between the 2 stars, kept the show moving.

Good job guys, thanks for putting in all that work for us.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1462 Posts

Thanks Bill Nikki and Tim....we had a blast and we are so glad people are getting some ideas to take away along with the laughs.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1462 Posts

...and yes...I secretly want to be Mariah Carey.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1406 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
GREAT lecture as always Scott! Thank you for all your hard work!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1352 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Dan Harlan tips a nail bend in this that is a stroke of genius! I immediately went and made it up. Great stuff.
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2016, Tim Cavendish wrote:
[...]Favorite parts: A Christmas Carol with visits from Harlan Tarbell and Dai Vernon; the Rick Lax song; Linking Safety Pins and White Russian Roulette. [...]

I'll second that but don't forget the "commercial" for the new smoke device Smile Smile Smile
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
snm
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of snm
Dan Harlan is my new favorite mentalist. haha That nail bend was definitely top notch.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1500 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
This was a really fun lecture with some great ideas shared. One thing that shined through is how much Scott and Dan love what they do.

Thank you Penguin, Scott and Dan for this wonderful lecture!
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
As always a very funny and informative show.

This year Dan did contribute some great material. The Nail, Scrabble tiles and Any Drink are all gold!

Thanx Penguin, Scott and Dan !!!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22126 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Let's keep the Any Drink a secret, it is to good to let to many people know about it.

Hopefully, he will come up with some more receipts.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scott Alexander and Dan Harlan Holiday Special 4 LIVE: Sunday Dec 25th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIV (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL