The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scott Alexander and Dan Harlan Holiday Special 4 LIVE: Sunday Dec 25th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIV (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Wordsworth
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
This was a great lecture, and a lot of fun to watch. The smoke commercial was pretty classic. Penguin deserves marks for giving something like this away for free.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1289 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Bananachek killed me.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I have to say that this lecture was the most fun I've had in years. Yes it's raunchy but it brought back good memories of being with my fraternity brothers. The fact that this was free as a Christmas gift was incredible. I laughed out loud a lot. Scott's characters are better than the humor during the tricks! Dan adds a lot as a comedic sidekick and brilliant pieces of magic of his own. Banachek, Hocus Pocus jokes and smoke trick ad were great!
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
I found this Lecture a little inappropriate, made fun of a lot of magicians and I think they were drinking alcohol while performing, Scott and Dan are normally funny and magicial,

But this little Christmas Specatcular was HANDS DOWN,

The best thing that I've ever seen Smile

Bravo to both of you and all your crew that made it happen.

Smile
Derek Johnston
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1464 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Thanks for all the great feedback...We do work very hard to pull this kind of thing off.... A lot of it is writing material neither one of us will EVER use again! (Bananachek) But it is nice to know that it is all appreciated.

Thanks again!!!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4411 Posts

Profile of videoman
Whew, magic1178, you scared me there at first. I thought you were going to pan one of the best magic related things I've ever had the pleasure to view.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1645 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I hated the canned laughter on the VT segments

Though they had lots of nice bits in them

I hated that the audience weren't 'very good' - in that they didn't seem to laugh much and seemed to be shouting out stuff all the way through [though I couldn't make out what]

So I'm saying I thought they deserved a better audience

I guess the audience is too small for a bigger reaction to jokes

And I guess there was no warm up man

I realise I used the words 'I hated' a few times in this post - just so that isn't misunderstood, I really enjoyed the show

Thanks for the time and work that went into it
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1160 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Okay, what was the Banachek bit. LOL hope Scott made fun of me, that is always fun. Anyone?
Happy new year guys and wish you all the best and a successful 2017, and hope we promote each other to the top of the artistic world.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Steve, I could tell you but it wouldn't do it justice. MUST SEE!
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1289 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2016, Banachek wrote:
Okay, what was the Banachek bit. LOL hope Scott made fun of me, that is always fun. Anyone?

Not Banachek... Bananachek!
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1160 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Funny enough, I once had a picture online on my own website, it had names of me, Randi and Mike Edwards, a typo creeped through that even I missed, Bananachek lol
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Tmayer
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Tmayer
Wow this was hilarious! Probably my favourite gift of Christmas.

It's really good to see Dan let loose, he is a very funny man.

I also loved the musical numbers by Scott...very well done.

I found the magic memes to be entertaining..."Alex Elmsley had 4 children...though no one saw the third" LMAO

Good stuff...thank you Dan, Scott, and Penguin.

Cheers,

Tyler
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
192 Posts

Profile of Wardy
Bananachek was hilarious. The nail bend was excellent. Great stuff guys and thanks for the effort!
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1464 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Hey Banachek,

Bizarro made a Meme of you with a banana head....I asked him if I could turn that into a real life character. He said yes and I was off and running. It is of course based on your name but it is not you...it is BANANACHEK!!!!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1487 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
"May a diseased penguin take a $#!+ in your egg bag" Best quote of the show! I'm still laughing a week later hahahaha
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22186 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dan Harlan Nail Bend was a trick sold back in the 1970's through Tannen's, don't have it out, so can't give the creator's name. I have it, but never performed it for the reason that it did not come with extra Nails or tell how to make one yourself. I can see why they would not include instructions, as it would be to dangerous for most people.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
946 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Bill--
I'd be interested in full, proper credit for the Nail Bend... if you have any time to dig for it. Also, wondering if it was done with "lead-free" materials. My guess: Probably not. I do hope what I've come up with is an improvement, but (of course) I'd like to be able to give proper credit.
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
nytaylor21
View Profile
New user
Utah
55 Posts

Profile of nytaylor21
Awesome event! I haven't seen anyone mention it yet but I REALLY loved Scotts "Sam the Bellhop" style dealing presentation put to music! It's now my favorite presentation of that premise. Thanks for the energy and tons of usable material! I was tired just watching. I hope you do it again next year!! (Or next week is ok too!)
kollo
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of kollo
Hidden in this superb show of very funny but also very strong magic is THE best bill switch I have ever seen. I literally was shocked about the possibilities you have using this switch. Thank you very much, Dan!!!
trickyat86
View Profile
Loyal user
Pittsburgh, PA
292 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2017, DanHarlan wrote:
Bill--
I'd be interested in full, proper credit for the Nail Bend... if you have any time to dig for it. Also, wondering if it was done with "lead-free" materials. My guess: Probably not. I do hope what I've come up with is an improvement, but (of course) I'd like to be able to give proper credit.
--Harlan

Looks similar to Doc Dougherty's Psi-Flexion. hope this helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scott Alexander and Dan Harlan Holiday Special 4 LIVE: Sunday Dec 25th @7:00pm Eastern. (Penguin LIV (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL