The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..35~36~37 [Next]
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Just found out about loads of people of bought more then one of vapr so they can sell them on for higher prices,respect to the business men here,wish I thought of it
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
There are people here that I do not trust at all, given their past messages. Karl M is among one of those. If some people really have some troubles with the watch, I will trust those who are owners of the Vapr Watch, not other people telling us that they have heard things about the watch. It's unfair otherwise.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Are you giving poor Karl the banjo? Smile
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I just said about what Im seeing and hearing for myself at Blackpool,not bothered if no body believes me or not
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Just to clarify, was Vapr watch available for purchase at Blackpool? Could someone walk up to the booth, pay sansminds, and walk away with a watch?
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Most problems are user errors. Only a small percentage have manufacturer defect. I personally own two watches. It took me a bit of a learning curve but mine works great every time now. Once you set it correctly it's perfect you're fine until you decide to adjust the tube. Here's the issue users can have. First off you must watch the video before you play with your watch. The video clearly explains everything in detail.
Here are a few user errors that can cause problems. Be careful not to cut the Vapr hose too short. There should not be a hard bend in hose when you position hose. You need to give it a bit of slack. Also a problem people may have is sometimes when installing the liquid air bubble get in. As the video shows you need to not rush this step and do it slowly a bit at a time. He even explains how to get rid of air bubbles. Anyways I'm not going to explain everything here. But it's all clearly explained on video. Almost any problem people have had is not by defect. It could be solved by watching the video and following the instructions. I have had zero problems after I learned the proper way to use the watch.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2017, Mysterious Mike wrote:
Just to clarify, was Vapr watch available for purchase at Blackpool? Could someone walk up to the booth, pay sansminds, and walk away with a watch?

Yes that is correct if you pay for your travel to Blackpool and pay for at least a one day ticket. You can pay about $50 more for your watch than we paid. It is possible to walk up and pay $400 USD or £325 instead of the $349 we paid for one watch and five refills.

Hope that helps
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Just got my watch from a mate who picked me one up... why did I buy this thing lol, sometimes I need to think before throwing money at stuff, but couldn't resist when I heard they had them available there and then.

It's not as big as it looks he said... you need to get this he cried...

I'm not gonna wear this thing, it looks kinda ok on him but it's massive... which I knew before hand which just goes to show how much of a plonker I am lol.
Will probably put it up for sale at some point but not sure as will need to take too much of a loss... guess I could use it as a tea coaster, a very expensive smoke puffing tea coaster.

One thing I will say is that the smoke looks great and it creates a lot of it.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Here's a note from Will Tsai about the campaign and results from Blackpool. This was copied from Facebook group. Just wanted to share it with you

From Will Tsai

Hello this is Will. We did NOT make it by the 15th. Blackpool was our only and last chance to promote and see if we can get the project through. All core members of SansMinds are working hard in Blackpool promoting. In the video, we prepared 300 for the VIPs and ship out right away. Rest will be fulfilled afterward. The bigger picture is to promote the watch and hopefully get the project funded. If this happens EVERYONE gets their watch in May. If this fails, it's first come first serve and most will get their watch later. For this, I donated my personal backup watches, which I prepared and stored around the world in case if I need it when I am on the road, and made them available in Blackpool so people could see it's not a pipe dream but a real product.

Not only the watch on site is very limited. They are available at full retail price for those who already spent thousands of dollars coming to the convention. Every penny from this very limited batch goes into helping to get the project going. If this can happen, it helps everyone. That's the intention and the sole reason why I donated my personal backup watches. Hope this clarifies the situation.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I just want to point out that 325 gbp stands at about 410 USD (give or take). So that means for 410 usd, you get a VAPR watch plus 6 refills. Or is it 5 refills? Or maybe no refills apart from the one in the box? This is what matters when comparing Blackpool prices to Campaign prices.

Either way, the price for watch plus 6 refills online was 340 USD during the campaign. Factor in shipping price (approx. 44/78 or 51/140 USD) and time to wait (May onwards), it turns out that Blackpool attendees got an awesome deal.

Yes, blind supporters got a much better deal and those who managed to snatch the Launching package also got an awesome deal with 11 refills in total (though not all received their packages) and will have to wait till May or later.

With all that said, nothing can be done now and it is all in Sans Minds court how fast they can produce the watches. For those who ordered during the campaign, it is a waiting game.
RobertDangerByrd
View Profile
New user
Houston, TX
7 Posts

Profile of RobertDangerByrd
Does anyone actually have a Vapr Watch yet?
Robert Danger Byrd
www.DangerMagic.com
Performing stage, close-up and sleight of hand magic for parties, events and corporate gatherings in Houston Texas.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I do
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I got a collectors pack in the first 300. It does what it says. Doesn't fire perfect every time but I use it as an accent rather than a climax so,the trick goes on anyway. I am worried about several structural things I think will affect longevity.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I've requested a refund. On the vapr watch Facebook page, multiple people are complaining about different malfunctions. If they are having these problems literally less than a week after receiving it, I don't think it will last for years.

Madison
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2017, MadisonH wrote:
I've requested a refund. On the vapr watch Facebook page, multiple people are complaining about different malfunctions. If they are having these problems literally less than a week after receiving it, I don't think it will last for years.

Madison

Please let us know if they issue you a refund without any problems.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Hello all friends here, It's Will. Just landed London and finally have some down time. Thought I'd drop in and answer a few questions.

I still haven't had the time to go through all new posts yet since I last logged in. First of all, like a member posted above from my Facebook post, we did not make it by the 15th due to the unexpected custom issues we had. It has greatly affected our campaign and plan. The majority of the pledge we had all came in within the week of deadline cut off; that's after the the first 300 backers started to receive their watch and we had such positive reviews from people who actually own the watch, words got out. If this were to happen as planned without the custom delay, we'd probably make it to our target the 2nd week. But hey.. it's life.

And because of that, Blackpool became our last hope to promote and let people know about the watch; and hopefully pledge on the spot and push the campaign through. Consider the bigger picture, if our campaign works out, EVERY BACKER will receive their watch A LOT sooner. I donated my very limited personal backup stock and made them available at full retail price as a demo showreel to show people.

A member made a point about people coming to our booth with issue. That's a very interest point. There were people coming to us with issues they experienced, however, not a single person who shook my hand didn't walk away happy. For those who have not been to Blackpool, Blackpool is a magical place where people hangout with happiness and basically don't sleep at night. For that reason, most had no time to watch the instruction at all. When they came to us with issues, we 'fixed' them on the spot by basically pointing out what's already covered in the instruction. We helped people charge the unit, change the time, set up the tube, pair the remote, put in the refill properly and set clear smoke pathway... etc. It was a great experience to have direct interaction with our supporters and know they walked away happy.

Now the watch is out there. Many have seen it. Many played with it. Many were more than impressed. Some amazing supporters, people of influence, and dealers in the community offered to help fund this project through. Nothing is set in stone yet at this very moment. I sincerely hope that this will fall through so we would have a chance to make something amazing happen for the community again. But that's not up to us at this point. Will keep all posted.

Thanks all again for the love and support.

-will
DaCardician
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of DaCardician
The way I see it, Sans Mind can go to Blackpool, shift a few watches, take it to Mass Production, and get all the watches out by May.

Alternatively they don't take it to Mass Production, and you might get you watch anytime up to Xmas.

I don't care they went to Blackpool and had I pledge I would feel no way about it. It is not my concern. I was willing to wait till December for my watch. I didn't back the campaign because I had a feeling that it would make it to Mass Production and the price won't be that much more expensive and I can pick it up later.

There really is no need for Grievance here.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Andrew, it feels like you are just making the same point over and over.

It's all getting a tad irritating now and you are losing credibility fast.
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Hi it's Will here. Here to answer a few questions while I am waiting for my train.

Andrew J.k., if you have read my message, you'll realizes the units SansMinds used to showcase in Blackpool are my personal units. They are not company property. The units had absolutely no factor in when our backers receive their units to begin with. When I donated the units to make this last minute event happen, my intention is if this works, backers including yourself, will receive your order a lot sooner. However everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I fully respect yours. We try to do our best so all our supporters are happy. If you are not happy, please post your order number here so I could personally refund you andbtransfer your order position to the next supporter in line.

Acecardician, it's Will here. I never did receive your message. Where did you try to reach me? Whenever I can I love to help out and assist all supporters. Although it's worth pointing out that I am not involved in the business or operation side of things at all. I am only involved in the design department. I spend most time flying around. Often I work in places where Facebook is now allowed. Have you actually tried to reach out to SansMinds?
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1335 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Hi Will thanks for your response. I did not realize you were just the creator. From what I read it made it seem like it was your whole project. I remember getting the Broadcast message from Steve here and he was talking about you. I can't quote it but I only remember your name. Now I realize you have nothing to do with shipping. Sorry...

ACE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..35~36~37 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL