The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12..18..24..30..36~37~38 [Next]
morpheis91
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
155 Posts

Profile of morpheis91
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2016, MR Effecto wrote:
So far it don't look as good as good as the Smart Smoke Watch

It looks better to me. It shoots the smoke so it doesn't look like it comes from the wrist but rather the hands, it also tells the time!!! I almost bought the Smart Smoke watch but I think I'm gonna go with the Gold Watch
Wilberto Casillas
https://phillymagic.com/products/chapslick
Use code at checkout to save: 'cafeslick'
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I don't trust them as far as I could throw them and I'm the world expert on smoke devices.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, Saturn UK wrote:
Never had a thing go missing with DHL and that price is insured.

I must agree with mark on this one DHL is much more reliable

And with UPS most of the time I have had to go down to my local post office to collect the item

Then get stuck with GBP 20 handling fee that's on top of the VAT and custom charge this on top of the VAT
and the overtop shipping charge from sansminds

I think I pass !
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
800 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Just wanted to chime in here. I was lucky enough to see the watch over 6 months ago - maybe more. What I saw blew my mind. I have been following the watch closely because I have tried it myself and seriously think it's the best magic product I have ever seen.

The detail on the mechanics are what really took my breath away. They literally created the technology from ground up and it is revolutionary not just in the magic world but also the science world. I remember telling Willie at the time to forget developing this for magicians and get this to the medical industry where he would make some serious money. The technology is really THAT advanced. The blower they had made for this watch I believe is the smallest in the world and has uses way beyond magic. This is where Willie and his team have really set new standards for magic prop designers. I am going to write the story on this product up in VANISH MAGIC MAGAZINE because it's a truly remarkable story of how much time, money and creative thought went in to bringing this to magicians.

I can imagine these should eventually go up in price because at the time I first saw the watch I suggested it retail for $1500 - so the price right now is amazing!!!

You can't compare this to any other smoke watch on the market because the technology is WAY beyond what is already out there. This has been in development for many years and the smoke production itself is so much better. The method is DIFFERENT. The main issue with other watches is that they use an old oil system - this does NOT. You won't stain your clothes or get an odd smell. You can do this again and again without refilling. It's far more practical for the working magician. You also get way more smoke and the smoke itself is more visual (stronger). Another feature, and for me one of the most important is that the smoke really looks as though it comes from the hand and not the watch. This is in part because of the new technology they created but also where and how you can adjust where the smoke comes from. It doesn't matter the size of your wrist because they have thought this through and it can be adjusted for any size wrist. It's like comparing apples with oranges. This far outdoes any smoking watch gimmick on the market - I know because I have one other and putting them side by side you can see the VAPR watch is far superior in all aspects.

If you are lucky enough to get one then it is something you will use and at this price I think it's one of the better deals I've seen.

Congratulations to the team behind this and to Willie Tsai - you have started a revolution and long may it continue ...
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://www.paulromhanymagic.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
HoDinhYu
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of HoDinhYu
This is gotta be the best magic product I have seen. What sold me is the smoke doesn't look like it comes from the wrist but inside of the hands. Beside smoke I am surprised the watch with this quality is only so cheap!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
So do you have one yet?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Just seen the full demo. Looks crazy cool. Hope its as good as it looks.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
So to confirm, and if I understand correctly, the device can only be activated with the remote, right?

And will refills for the regular VAPR device work with the watch?
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
224 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
Quote:
Must be different in Canada mobiles have 12 months in the U.K as do all electrical I am aware of.

One website is called Parcel Monkey.

It works Canada to UK, they are showing $25 shipping by DHL but that does not include insurance, which is $10 for up to $500.

Totally agree to that. We in Germany have even 24 months on electrical products. Mobiles, Laptops, etc. (The fans of my Asus Laptop got very loud after ~20 months and even tho I said it's because of daily use, they replaced them for free...)
I don't think that anyone has to do this at all... Noone should offer free repair for daily wear, but at least for technical issues, 12 months in my opinion is a minimum for companies who believe in their product quality. If the quality of a product is as good as they promise, they will easy go through 12 months without having issues.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I was away for vacation and can't believe I missed the blind campaign! Are there people actually got it for $170? That's insane!

PendletonThe3rd I use vapr on a daily basis. From the size of it I don't think the cartridge could go into a watch.
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Hey folks. Just got some personal time here to answer a few questions.

Saturn UK :: Lucky you. Unfortunately in order for item to go to your DHL it has to go from our local DHL. DHL is not reliable here. Of course special arrangement can be made to make it work for you; under the condition that we only take the responsibility up to the door of DHL. We'll take photos of your box with shipping info. Once the box is given to DHL carrier, we take no responsibility of when, how, and the condition the parcel may or may not arrives. If that works for you, I'll send out a memo for an associate to reach out.

Legendary Wizard :: The offer was for our Blind Campaign supporters only and ended when we closed the registration for Blind Campaign. Those supporters chose to support us without knowing what they were purchasing at all. We decided to offer them products of equivalent value so they pretty much get the Vapr Watch for free. Just a way to say thank you to our loyal supporters with Christmas spirit.

JackMagic :: Next time Smile

Paul Romhany :: Paul! I wasn't expecting a review this soon. Thank you so so much for the kind words. I really appreciate you liking my work! Thank you!!

PendletonThe3rd :: The refill works on a entirely different system from the original Vapr.

GAMJoker :: Germany is amazing! Unfortunately we are not a billion dollar giant and we can't afford to do that because we don't have the margin they have. If we ultimately go into wholesale for this item and adjust the price up with considerable amount accordingly, we'd definitely consider offering an all year round warranty under your advise.

AaronishMagic :: Yes our early supporters made their purchase at $179 and we are sending them a $200 product basket on top. We even randomly picked 3 participants to refund in full and still send them the watch AND the gift product basket. On top of that, 3 different supporters are going to get our products that won't be released until end of next year with everything listed above... so yup you missed all that. Next time follow us closely my friend!

Hope I got some questions answered here.

-Will
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Is there any other ways to activate the smoke besides the remote feature? I love it but worry about the remote battery dying
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
No more comment from me.

The way you price and deal with your customers is your business, but I'm not buying this now if you can't be sure your product will work for more than 3 months and its not even an item people will use every day!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Will,
Since you seem to check this board, it is not clear to me from the website how you can tell if your order is in the first 300. I would sure like to know if I will get my order in January or sometime in 2017.

Thanks David Wax
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
I got part way through the checkout and then got hit with $140 dollars for shipping!!!

There is no way it costs this much to insure and ship to the UK by UPS or similar.

I was also concerned about only having a 3 month guarantee, what comes with 3 most of warranty these days, don't they think their product will last a year, if you want a year you have to pay an extra $100!

If they want nearly $500 for the watch why not just say so, I may just have ordered it right away, but virtually doubling the price during checkout is not on.

I'm with you on that. $140 to ship is insane! If it were not for that I'd have bought too.
Formless
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Formless
Hi Will,

I am thinking of getting it. My concern is that the watch would appear too huge on the wrist.
Can you tell us the dimensions (diameter and case thickness in mm) of the watch, so we can gauge how it will look when we are it?

Looks awesome btw! Really thinking about getting one.
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Me too, but also would need the measurements and dimensions.
Can not deduce them from the video promo
Step into the unknown
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
224 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
How long does it take to refill the watch and how long will it last? (Not the clouds of smoke, I mean the time after you refilled it, because not everyone is using it 80 times within a week or two Smile )
Crave
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Crave
I really love this Watch, it's awesome. And also I really wanted to back on one but the 140$ shipping to germany makes me really think about it. I mean the Watch is totally worth it, but there must be cheaper ways of getting it shipped.
Matman
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Matman
I wonder if SansMinds would offer a trade-in for us Vapr users?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12..18..24..30..36~37~38 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL