The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..35~36~37 [Next]
magicnorm
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Thanks for the info Mike, that's kinda of the feeling I had. Really looking forward to this and I might take the jump
and order gold one.

Nm
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Magicnorm,

But of course you must have your pledge in before February 15. That is the date the campaign will end and you will no longer be able to order the watch after February 15.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Hi guys, we are 3 days away from the deadline. After we have overcome most of the unexpected custom issues and people started to received the watch, reviews spread and the progress in just the past week has been amazing. However the unexpected custom issues and delays has a major impact on our campaign. We are less than 30% away but we are NOT making it. Many have left message to us believing we will definitely make it and they'd just wait for the local dealers. It's looking like it's not going to happen that. Our only hope is the next 3 days. If you are still hesitant and feel like waiting, this may really be it. It's now or never. I'd like to invite all friends here to spread the words one last time and invite your magical friends to join us, support the campaign, and get a secret weapon that you WILL use as your everyday watch. If we fail this time, we will not be able to be innovative in this production scale again. And we really hope to can continue to do this for the community. Please help us.

For those who are on the fence, here are some comments from the pros who have worked with the watch since the release of it.

Shawn Farquhar :: "I’ve never done a video testimonial before. But Vapr Watch deserves it. This is an awesome product!"

Franz Harary :: "My Manipulation skills are "minimal" at best. But this product has transformed me into a close up God!"

Eric Jones :: "I am only gonna say this once. Vapr Watch is phenomenal. It’s a GAME CHANGER and now on the top of my "every day carry" list..."

Shim Lin :: "I love the amount of smoke Vapr Watch produces."

Paul Rohmany :: "This is a piece of art. t's JAMES BOND watch. Extremely well made!"

Alan Rorrison :: Just GET IT. You WILL use it."

Will Tsai :: "I am absolutely biased to say this. But Vapr Watch is a watch that I am proud to wear and it makes me a better magician. Really!"

Thanks for your time reading and all your support guys.

Best,
-will
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1336 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
More people might be willing to sign up, including me, if they did not charge people until the item ships.

I don't want someone holding my money without paying me interest over an indefinite amount of time.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Acecardician,

This is how a crowdfunding campaign works. If this project went through the normal channels like most magic trick items ( Murphy Magic as a distributor) you would be paying $400 from your local dealer. But in this case we are buying the Vapr Watch at a significant lower market price because Sansminds needs the funding to manufacture the product so they need to charge before product ships. Keep in mind the Lynx Smoke watch cost $375 retail. We are paying $250 wholesale. The Vapr Watch is also a next generation product compared to the Lynx Smoke Watch. I think that savings covers your interest issue. In this case since the Vapr Watch is failing to achieve its goals after the campaign you will not be able to buy it at any price accept for after market sales.

I hope that helps.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1406 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I am not expert on crowdfunding, but at a site like kickstarter, the money isn't charged until the funding goal is reached.

There are several aspects of this "crowdfunding" project that make me leery and having to put money up front before knowing when the item is actually going to be delivered would be one of them. I'd feel much better about this if it was funded on a legitimate site like kickstarter. Otherwise you take your chances and Sansminds has missed enough with their products that they don't get the benefit of the doubt, atleast not from me.

Quote:
On Feb 14, 2017, funnyclown wrote:
Acecardician,

This is how a crowdfunding campaign works. If this project went through the normal channels like most magic trick items ( Murphy Magic as a distributor) you would be paying $400 from your local dealer. But in this case we are buying the Vapr Watch at a significant lower market price because Sansminds needs the funding to manufacture the product so they need to charge before product ships. Keep in mind the Lynx Smoke watch cost $375 retail. We are paying $250 wholesale. The Vapr Watch is also a next generation product compared to the Lynx Smoke Watch. I think that savings covers your interest issue. In this case since the Vapr Watch is failing to achieve its goals after the campaign you will not be able to buy it at any price accept for after market sales.

I hope that helps.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
I think we give sansminds a reasonable amount of time to deliver. Then ask for a refund/ or make a PayPal claim.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Sansminds has already said in their official video at anytime before your watch is shipped and you no longer want to wait you can request a full refund.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Quote:
Sansminds has already said in their official video at anytime before your watch is shipped and you no longer want to wait you can request a full refund.

Yes, but quite a few people have some trust issues in this particular case.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Less than 24 hours to get your Vapr Watch or it will be gone forever!
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Would someone be so kind to explain me why the campaign cut off date has to end today, Wednesday the 15th of February?

Why has the deadline to be strictly the 15th of February?

What will happen if (just my thought) if Will and the Sansminds team members decide to extend the target date for just a few days?

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that the WARP WATCH UPDATE page hasn't been updated since last Saturday, the 11th of February.

To be more specific, there is the following message at the moment: " 67% (backers), Goal: 2,000 Units, Progress: 1,340 units,
Remaining: 660 units, 4 DAYS UNTIL DEADLINE".

I think that if they had updated the page, everyone would have a more clear image of the backers' status which I'm sure
that it has changed and that their amount has gotten much bigger since last Saturday.

It's obvious, that by not keeping updated the particular page, they discourage people from placing their order.

I just don't get it. Are they thinking reasonably or not?

Supposing that the progress got bigger since last Saturday and the amount of the remaining units got less,
much closer to zero at the moment, a lot of pontenial customers who are still on the fence would immediately
(even on the last day, the last hour, the last minute before the campaign's deadline) press the "BUY" button
so that Sansminds would be able to achieve their 2,000 unit goal and get to mass production of the VAPR watch.

Just my thoughts.

Sincerely,
Andrew K.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2017, Will Tsai wrote:
Hello supporters and friends here, I haven't been able to check in due to some unexpected health issue. I am finally feeling better and am here to answer a couple questions personally.

Andrew J. K. : Have you been following our emails or social medias? Because we only have limited staff, any emails in general, will be answered within 24 hours. Due to the recent email volume, there's expected delay of getting your answers. Many have asked the same questions without reading the information we posted on the site and different platforms, so we've also made a page with quite a few common questions and answers. If you need some general answers, it's probably there. Also, if you place your oder (pledge), your watch WILL BE DELIVERED. We are trying our best to work with the time frame and situation we are given. Not sure why you are so certain about we are not going to deliver but provide the refund. The refund is an option we offer for those supporters who may wish so during the wait time. You never know when you need the cash. It's only fair that way for those who choose to support us. You seem to have strong opinion toward our brand without having an actual purchase experience with us; which is fine I fully respect your opinion. But if you are posting information and making statements, please do refer to what we've already posted on the site and our social media so everyone is on the same page with the same correct information. Thank you Andrew.

-

Dear Will,

First of all, let me point out that I'm a big fan of your work.

Besides being a brilliant thinker and creator, you seem to be a nice person and a trustworthy one as well.

Don't ask me how do I know it. I don't. But I sense it (besides, I'm a mentalist Smile ).

Of course I don't know you personally but your body language and your vibes in general seem to me positive.

I'm a proud owner of a few of your own, personal creations like "Infinity Ring" and "Trace" and as well of a few
others either of your Pro-Series by your Creation Lab, like The "Vanishing Ring" or of your ordinary, less expensive
series.

But I (and quite a few others) have to admit that just a few products of your ordinary, less expensive series are real workers,
which by the way it's fine with me. Just my opinion.

Secondly, I'd like you to know that I fully respect you and never had the intention to offend you or your company in any way.

And I think I never did it either in this forum or in any other way or any other place.

You are asking me if I have been following your emails or social media.

With regard to your emails, yes I have read all of them.

However they didn't shed any light on my queries.

As of the social media, I do not follow any of them since I have neither a Facebook nor a Twitter
or Instagram, etc. account and I never will open one.

This way of communication simply does't fit my personality. I could maybe put the blame on my age or my main occupation,
since besides being a part time performer (mostly as a mentalist), I'm a 50 years old family man and a traditional newspaper
journalist who usually prefers to meet people on person rather than to exchange opinions or meeting new people from a distance,
using the Internet.

You said also that you're not sure why I'm so certain about you are not going to deliver the watches but provide the refund.

I never said that I'm certain about this.

It was just an assumption, based on the probability that you won't have the needed cash and logical time frame in order to assemble
by hand all the orders which could be for example 1,800 or 1,940.

Just think of that possibility...

In such a case, I really can't understand why you won't be able to go to mass production and ship all the order on May.

Are you saying that if the campaign comes to its end and the amount of backers (pre-orders) are off by, let's say, 60 units,
you will not go to mass production?

That sounds really akward and certainly unreasonable.

Do you want me to believe that if the campaign fails -in case you won't make it to 2,000 units, although, let's assume,
that the units of watches that would have been backed at the end of the campaign would be 1,940 or 1,990(!)- you won't
go to mass production?

Sorry, Will but it's hard to swallow it.

Let's suppose that you will have the required funds. It's just an assumption. What will you do then?

Assemble one by one watch by hand (we're talking about nearly 2,000 units but not 2,000 which is your goal
to go to mass production) and send after that each of them in a first come, first serve basis?

Do you know how long will this procedure last for?

Do you think that (especially whenever comes to magic) there will be quite a few customers who are willing to wait,
let's say, until the ...middle of 2018 to receive their order? I don't think so. Not a single chance.

I assume that they will lose their patience and ask for full refund.

And let's be fair. I never questioned your promise that you will do it.

Have you or any other here in the Cafi ever had to wait for a pre-ordered magic item to be delivered, being at the
same time obliged to be patient for 8 months (the best case scenario) or even for a whole year in order to hold your
purchased item finally in your hands?

I'm sure you know this feeling very well.

You also pointed out in your post that I seem to have strong opinion toward your brand without having an actual purchase experience
with you and that it's fine with you as you fully respect my opinion.

With all due respect, firstly where did you notice my strong opinion toward your brand?

And secondly, I'll refer you to the posts of quite a few members of the Cafi here to answer on behalf of me.

The vast majority of them do refer (and not with the kindest words) to their bad expereience they had with your
after sale customer service and your communication issues which (both of them) are not the best.

"Not the best". That was what I wrote exactly in my post. Is this such a bad thing?

I never used the words "the worst", "bad" or anything similar tha could be offensive to your company.

Do you feel offended if someone says that your customer service is not the best among the ones of several others magic dealers?

Do you find the term "not the best" offensive for your company? I don't think so.

Once more, with all due respect, I think you should get more familiar with the term "productive criticism".

Finally, you said that the refund is an option your company offers for those supporters who may wish so during the wait time.

I think that all will agree, that this is a major factor, an important part of any magic dealer's customer service. Not only yours.

And last but not least, here's what I was talking about:

Sansminds has already said in their official video at anytime before your watch is shipped
and you no longer want to wait you can request a full refund.

And this is "Mysterious Mike's" reply:

"Yes, but quite a few people have some trust issues in this particular case".

I do apologize for my very long post; however I hope you will receive it as a a productive one.

Wish you from my bottom of my heart, to reach your goal and go to mass production.

Sincerely,
Andrew K.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I'm with you Andrew. I sincerely hope the campaign will succeed. My understanding to why the campaign has a sharp closing date of February 15 is because Sansminds has a strict contract with Seiko (the manufacturer) to have the end date on February 15th. In a past response they (Sansminds) said manufacturers do not like to wait for production as they have schedules to keep. I'm hoping that Blackpool sales will count towards our campaign but everything we've read so far says February 15 is a hard close to campaign. I sure hope they can negotiate an extension. That would really help. They have said in past Facebook posts that an extension past February 15 was not up to Sansminds choice it's up the manufacturer (Seiko).
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

WizTom
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of WizTom
Happy Day!!!

My watch just arrived. Thank you Sansminds!
No custom charges or fees...
Fantastic!!!

And the watch is a dream!!!
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Thanks for your backing, "funnyclown".

I really much appreciate this since it really means a lot to me.

I'm sure that Will, will (no pun intended) manage to persuade the Seiko officials and negotiate an extension.

I can't believe that the Seiko officials do set certain and so strict rules whenever they negotiate a contract
for a mass production of an item.

Come on, for God's sake.

How can these businessmen be so impersonal and all they are thinking about is strict deadlines
and money, money, money?

All that is needed is an extension of a few more days or maybe a week.

I'm sure that those who are still on the fence, will be persuaded by then and push the "BUY" button
in order for Sansminds to meet their goal on time.

However, I'm still wondering why Sansminds haven't updated their CAMPAIGN CUT OFF DATE page yet,
since the last update took place last Saturday, 11th of February.

Hopefully, someone from the SM team could chime in and shed some light. This would be well appreciated.

Andrew K.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, WizTom wrote:
Happy Day!!!

My watch just arrived. Thank you Sansminds!
No custom charges or fees...
Fantastic!!!

And the watch is a dream!!!

Where are you from, "WizTom"? I think you are from an Europen country if my memory serves me well.

If you don't mind, would you be so kind to let us know from which country exactly do you come from?

That "no custom charges or fees..." is very intriquing. The same applies to that "Fantastic!!!" regarding
the watch you received.

Wish yoy to enjoy it as much as it gets!

Sincerely,
Andrew K.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
It's my understanding that many of the Sansminds team left for Blackpool to promote their pro-series line. The Vapr Watch will be part of that special promotion. They also stated in the Facebook group the price of Vapr Watch at Blackpool will be much higher than we are being offered until midnight tonight.
I also heard from the Facebook group that after the campaign ends on February 15 their website will be shutdown for a few days. I'm not sure if they will respond to tell us the success or failure of the campaign until after the campaign ends. My fingers are crossed for a successful campaign.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Thanks for the valuable information, "funnyclown".
Hopefully, SM will make it.
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Originally I thought I was going to have to pass up on this, as I wasn't going to have the funds by today. But.. by some miracle, I just got my tax return today and was able to place my order!

Looks like I'll be waiting a bit though, as I'm sure after the initial 300 it's a first come first serve basis. Seeing as how I just placed my order, I'm sure I'm at the bottom of the list. I'm hoping I'll have mine delivered at least some time over spring/summer.

Anyone know if the crowd funding fails (and it appears it very well might judging from the last update), how long the watches will take to be assembled and delivered? Just like a general time frame? 1-3 months, 3-6 months? Longer? Just curious.

Anyway, best of luck by the way with funding the project. Hopefully, with today being the last day, people will step up and realize that if they don't place an order, they will never have the opportunity to own a Vapr Watch again. Unless someone develops a surgical implant that goes into your hand and allows you to produce smoke from it.. I don't know how anyone can raise the bar from here. Plus with all the great reviews on this, I know I would hate to miss out on this bad boy. Glad I was able to get my order in while I still could!

Thanks,

Jameson
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
I got an update status of the VAPR watch campaign from Sansminds a few minutes ago.

According to the sender, the amount of the backers has reached the 75% of SM's goal which corresponds to 1,500 units.

Come on guys, there are less than 500 units left and you have still approximately 6,5 hours to place your order,
if my time calculations (different time zones between Canada/USA and Europe) are right and my memory serves me well.

Let's get make dreams come true.

All the best, Will.
Andrew K.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..35~36~37 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL