The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..35~36~37 [Next]
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Hope I was wrong about the remaining time regarding the deadline as I noticed
that in a previous email by SM, I got the following message:

"We are officially in the final countdown. Campaign is over on Feb 15, 2017 11:59 PM PT!!".

This means that the remaining time is much more than 6,5 hours.

To be more specific, there are still 9 HOURS left, taking into consideration that the PM time is 15:00 at the moment.

In case my calcultions are not correct, I'd much appreciate if someone chimes in to give the right amount of hours left.

Hope this helps.

Andrew K.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Could I have your attention for a moment, please?

I tried to place an order (Collector's Package) on behalf of a good friend of mine a few minutes ago.

Unfortunately, I noticed that as I tried to log in to my account in order to continue with the checkout
that the URL address of Sansminds (www.sansminds.com) is recognized by my Norton Internet Security software
as a suspicious website and I was warned to stay away from it.

Furthermore, there is a red slash on the well known little safety padlock which usually appears at the
beginning of the upper most URL address bar (Btw, I use Mozilla Firefox as my default browser), which
means that any further info given by me are not safe but transparent to anyone who is surfing on the
Internet and has some basic skills on computer programming.

Norton Security simply recommended me to not continue with the login procedure, stating that access is denied;
however, it also states that I could enter if I wished so but in that case it would be on my own risk.

It's the first time that such a major safety issue occurred to me whenever I have visited SM's website.

Can anyone of you help me and tell me what to do?

Are anyone of you facing the same dilemma like me?

Any hint would be well appreciated as long as it will come here as soon as possible
and of course before the campaign's deadline.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Andrew K.

P.S. Should I try to log in to my account by using another browser, like Chrome for example?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22007 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Andrew J. K., the reason you get that warning, further looking it should show you they have not paid to update their security certificate. They are going to close the website down tonight or tomorrow. So why update certificate if they are going to shut it down.

If you can get into your account, I see not reason it would be a fake site or plant a virus on your computer.

If Norton will not let you proceed, just use the auto shut off for a few minutes. Right click on the icon in notification taskbar. Then click "disable auto protect".

You have to decide, so you will sleep well after ordering, just run Norton's to see if anything is detected.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Unfortunately, same problem with Chrome.

Access denied.

My Norton Internet Security software is recommending me to not proceed with the log in; however below
the warning, there is a message that says "DO ENTER ONLY IF YOU ARE 100% SURE THAT THIS IS A SAFETY WEBSITE".

How the heck should I know whether the particular address that is shown on my computer screen is a safety one?

Once more, any help would be well appreciated.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Andrew J. K., the reason you get that warning, further looking it should show you they have not paid to update their security certificate. They are going to close the website down tonight or tomorrow. So why update certificate if they are going to shut it down.

If you can get into your account, I see not reason it would be a fake site or plant a virus on your computer.

If Norton will not let you proceed, just use the auto shut off for a few minutes. Right click on the icon in notification taskbar. Then click "disable auto protect".

You have to decide, so you will sleep well after ordering, just run Norton's to see if anything is detected.

Thank you very much for chimming in, Bill. Your help is much appreciated.

Why do you believe that they are going to shut their website down either today or tomorrow?

The website has to continue being functional regardless of the end of the campaign.

I thought they are selling other products as well. Or do I miss something?

So, why should they shut down their website and not paying for updating their security certificate?

Furthermore, if I log in and place my order, all the data (credid card number, personal data,etc.) would
be in a big risk.

And let me remind you that most of us will get our watches sometime during summer or even later.

And I think that's a lot of time for me to be worried every day about the possibility that someone could
alter for example my shipping address and become the one that will get my order.

Or even worse, he could steal my creadit card number and use it for his own benefit.

Bottom line: Do you see anything akward or suspicious about the possibility SM to shut down their website
after the campaign comes to an end? Don't they really care to continue to sell their other products?

Thank you once more for being so kind and helpful.

A brief reply just to ease my worries, Bill, would be well appreciated.

Sincerely,
Andrew K.
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, Andrew J. K. wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:

Thank you very much for chimming in, Bill. Your help is much appreciated.

Why do you believe that they are going to shut their website down either today or tomorrow?

The website has to continue being functional regardless of the end of the campaign.

I thought they are selling other products as well. Or do I miss something?

So, why should they shut down their website and not paying for updating their security certificate?

Furthermore, if I log in and place my order, all the data (credid card number, personal data,etc.) would
be in a big risk.

And let me remind you that most of us will get our watches sometime during summer or even later.

And I think that's a lot of time for me to be worried every day about the possibility that someone could
alter for example my shipping address and become the one that will get my order.

Or even worse, he could steal my creadit card number and use it for his own benefit.

Bottom line: Do you see anything akward or suspicious about the possibility SM to shut down their website
after the campaign comes to an end? Don't they really care to continue to sell their other products?

Thank you once more for being so kind and helpful.

A brief reply just to ease my worries, Bill, would be well appreciated.

Sincerely,
Andrew K.

If you pay using paypal, you wouldn't be giving sansminds any credit card information.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I had no problem using the website on my iPhone using Safari. It's true Sansminds has said they will shutdown website for a few days after the campaign ends.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Thank you for chimming in to help me, "Mysterious Mike".

I much appreciate your kind gesture.

You're right about using Paypal.

However whenever I try to log in and enter my username and my password, the latter is not protected at all.

That means that any bad guy with an advance knowledge on computer programming would have easily access to my personal
data of my SM's account such as billing and shipping address.

Paying using Paypal, there is no chance to give away my cretit card data. You are right.

But, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts, what if someone logs in to my account using my password
and alter for example the shipping address or some other data?

Or leave a message to the SM's staff that he would prefer (pretending that he is myself) the order to be shipped to an other address,
whichj practically means that I won't never receive my order and I (my friend in this case) would lose almost 600.00 USD, since I won't
be able to open a dispute on Paypal as at that time I would have no right to do so, according to Paypal's time frame dispute policy.

And the bad guy would receive my goodies instead of me...

Anyway. Thanks a lot for being so kind and supportive. I really much appreciate this.

The bad news is that the time in Athens at the moment is 3:15am and the SM's campaign ends at 7:00am.

I have less than 4 hours left, but sometime I'll have to go to sleep. I can barely hold my eyes open.

I'll wait for the moment. Maybe someone here comes with a better and above all safe solution.

Otherwise, I really don't know what to do, even though I think that I tend more to go for it and take the risk.

Time 9or someone of you here in the Cafi0, will hopefully tell. Smile

Thank you once more for being helpful and supportive.

Sincerely,
Andrew K.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, funnyclown wrote:
I had no problem using the website on my iPhone using Safari. It's true Sansminds has said they will shutdown website for a few days after the campaign ends.

I understand that. But why wouldn't they pay to update their security certificate if they normally intend sometime later
(let's say a week or even two after the campaign ends) to open again their website?

It simply doesn't make any sense.

Anyway. Thanks for chimming in once more, "funnyclown".
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Finally, I made my decision to take the risk and placed my order (Collector Package for 499.00 USD with an additional amount of 78.00 USD for shipping costs).

That makes a total of 577.95 USD.

That's it. I did it. Hopefully it was worthy.

So, Will, as you can see, I kept my promise and showed you that I trust you blindly by ordering the Collector Package.

Now, the ball is on your side.

I hope you keep your promise as well which means that there isn't the slightest possibility for me to not receive -even if I have to wait
until summer- my collector package (one gold and one black watch, plus the 10 Refill Packs) that I ordered about half an hour ago.

Time will tell whether besides being a brilliant creator and a nice person, you are a true gentleman as well.

I do apologize for my successive posts but I was really desperate and confused.

Hope you all will forgive me. Smile

Kindest regards,
Andrew K.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1475 Posts

Profile of elimagic
My order is in.... I do mostly mentalism now but I have a theatrical magic piece that a puff of smoke would be perfect for. Collectors edition coming my way. I would be pretty surprised if this didn't get funded.

-Eli
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1335 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Quote:

From an earlier post...Not quite $250, by the time you do ad-ons and postage it is an easy $400. According to another post they sold approx. 1500 units.

So they have all that money and are going to shut down the sight after I pay tonight. That sounds suspicious. I was going to get one, but from everything I read in this thread now I am scared.

With about half a million dollars + they should hire staff to take care of all the problems.( Just my opinion)

And if they never deliver, even credit cards have a time limit to make a claim. I really was interested, but now I will not get one. The negatives in this thread outweigh the positives.

Thanks to everyone for all the information to help me make my decision. I will sleep well tonight.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, Acecardician wrote:
Quote:

From an earlier post...Not quite $250, by the time you do ad-ons and postage it is an easy $400. According to another post they sold approx. 1500 units.

So they have all that money and are going to shut down the sight after I pay tonight. That sounds suspicious. I was going to get one, but from everything I read in this thread now I am scared.

With about half a million dollars + they should hire staff to take care of all the problems.( Just my opinion)

And if they never deliver, even credit cards have a time limit to make a claim. I really was interested, but now I will not get one. The negatives in this thread outweigh the positives.

Thanks to everyone for all the information to help me make my decision. I will sleep well tonight.

You can buy my second watch after I get it. I bought the collectors edition for the sole purpose of selling off the second. Although I will be one of the last ones to get mine haha O well. I'm hoping I get it by mid summer but that might be wishful thinking.

-Eli
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, Acecardician wrote:
Quote:

PayPal gives you six months buyer protection.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Two more hours left to get your Vapr Watch. There is ZERO RISK. Personally I completely trust Sansminds but even if you were skeptical PAYPAL gives you six months buyers protection. So if your concerned in six months from now you can file a refund claim but Sansminds will refund you. There is ZERO risk. Push that BUY button. You only have two more hours. I live in CaIifornia so I live in Pacific time!
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Just to clarify, there was no option to buy that extra holding piece for the strap correct? Or did I miss that because I definitely would have wanted that if that was an option, I just didn't see it when checking out. I assumed that was only available to the originally 300 backers. Clarification please to anyone that knows.

-E
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Everyone that bought a Vapr Watch during the campaign will get that extra piece. So you re getting it no problem.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, GREECE
243 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Just a reminder.

Nine hours before the campaign's cut off time (11:59pm PT, February the 15th), the backers status
had reached the amount of 1,500 units according to an email that was sent by SM to me.

This information was given to me amongst others as a reply to a message I had left in their email box
at their website about more than a week ago.

So, less than 500 units were offered for a time period of 9 HOURS.

I simply would not believe it if they didn't make it at the end.

It would be much appreciated if someone from the SM team would chime in sometime later today
or even within the next few days in order to inform us about the outcome of the campaign.

Sincerely,
Andrew K.
funnyclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Burlingame, CA
344 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I just heard from my friend Charlie Dent who is at Blackpool. They are taking preorders for Vapr Watch £325 plus shipping which is packaged with five refill packs. That is $406 usd plus shipping
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

TazBo
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
370 Posts

Profile of TazBo
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2017, funnyclown wrote:
I just heard from my friend Charlie Dent who is at Blackpool. They are taking preorders for Vapr Watch £325 plus shipping which is packaged with five refill packs. That is $406 usd plus shipping

No, they are selling the watch for £325 including 5 refill packs. I believe they have run out of black watches but still have some gold and silver versions from the Blackpool stock.
Come on guys, if you want this watch to succeed, get your skates on. Just come back from the Ruskin, I might not
Be makiytoo much sense. 😳
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..35~36~37 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL