The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Memory Arts by David Trustman and Sarah Trustman [Aronson Edition] (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5181 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2018, Dapperdan wrote:
For those of you that have had success with the Memory Arts method, I have a question. (I picked up the book this past winter at Magi-Fest, directly from the Trustmans - who, by the way, are a pretty nice and cool couple!)

Anyway, when you do your memory work, are you truly taking yourself on a journey down the path, envisioning the various scenes linking together on the path or do you let each picture stand on its own (since it has its place in the sequence embedded in the picture itself). Does that make sense? I'm having trouble linking them together in a "walk".

Thanks!

I do a little of both. Some seem easy to just link on a path like [the tower to the lake to the mountains] Some just pop in my head as a "tourist attraction" along the way [like the giant hand] and several I make work alone from "the path" but together with the card I am placing there (in a 1 card on each of 52 in Aronson) [like position 5 is a waterfall with a stop sign at the lower right "warning you not to go over the falls" (9S) then a whirlpool with a face swirling lower right (AS) pos 6] after that, I go back to the path / attractions along the way.

It works for me (and for now, who knows what will stick down the road). Everyone will be different. I don't think it matters if you use the whole "Path" from the book. If there is a part that is hanging you up - simply change it to something that YOU can remember or use to make sense. They even say their path is just a guideline.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
chrom
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of chrom
I do not follow the path. Rather I remember the placement of the symbol or the number in which it is located and which two symbols are there. As far as the story goes it has not been effective to me only the imagery. It is still taking me a while to recall the card but I am going to add in some stack trainers to speed it up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » The Memory Arts by David Trustman and Sarah Trustman [Aronson Edition] (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL