The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Lecture notes by Dick Christian (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
May the magic be with you
479 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Hi there, I'm still very sorry that Dick Christian passed away. One of the (of course less important) consequences is that he was not able to finish his seminal book on book tests. Probably, the next best source available would be his lecture notes. I would very much like to read them, but they are guarded ferociously Smile. I'm working on a book test and I would like it to be as much state-of-the-art as possible. Is there anybody who would like to share Dick's knowledge in his lecture notes? Of course, you can PM me. Merry X-mas, Luc.
Alex R. Weinberg
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Alex R. Weinberg
I personally don't have them, but his notes are probably one of the rarest most sought after lecture notes.

People have been trying to get a hold of them over the years.

I wish you luck and merry Christmas.

-Alex
Geoff Pfeiffer
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
75 Posts

Profile of Geoff Pfeiffer
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2524 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
He updated those notes for a one-day seminar he ran with Alain Nu. I was lucky enough to be in attendance and get a copy of those notes. It says that dissemination without permission will result in a curse on my house (or something to that effect Smile ) but if you have a question or two that I can answer I'll be happy to.

Now that I think about it, I'm not 100% sure if this is an updated version of his original lecture notes or a completely different set of notes. Maybe someone else who was in attendance can answer that one?
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2524 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I just looked at it and the copyright is from 2010.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Thank you Steven! I will pm you later. Regards, Luc.
FJR
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of FJR
Just chiming in here to also make a plea whether anyone would know how to contact Dick Christian's estate or family to purchase these lecture notes. Would this even be appropriate I wonder?

I have a fascination/obsession with such books and would love to read a 'scholarly' and detailed account of their emergence, varieties and so on. I have quite a number and they are cherished possessions, as well as my most used type of presentation.

I read through many of Mr Christian's posts on here over the years and they were always my favourite contributions - full of knowledge on the subject. I only discovered maybe six months ago that he passed away some years ago, and, apart from the sadness of this news, I was also saddened that the definitive reference book on the subject he was working on would now never see the light of day. A tragic loss to our craft and its historied store of 'secret knowledge'.

I have read the older post on this topic, so thanks to Mind Guerilla for the selected bibliography he provided - this is a place to start at least.

Yours, in hope(!)

Francis
Flaneur / Gentleman Amateur
Member of the I.B.M - Ring 25
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1665 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Alain Nu may have contact information about Dick's family or estate.

George
FJR
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of FJR
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2017, George Hunter wrote:
Alain Nu may have contact information about Dick's family or estate.

George

Thanks George.
I'll enquire with him.

Best,
Francis
Flaneur / Gentleman Amateur
Member of the I.B.M - Ring 25
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Hi guys, did somebody make any progress on this? Still looking for the notes 😊
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9769 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
At the time of his passing his daughter was handling these related issues.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Lecture notes by Dick Christian (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL