The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Underated? (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1037 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2016, JanForster wrote:
Little example: I liked always Martin Lewis' "Technicolor Prediction", but none of the existing methods. Just not my thing - for good, but probably quite personal reasons. But who would be truly interested in it here? It is "old", not the latest and greatest although most things we find in there will have only a very short life span..., it is known a. s. o. It is a good, humorous and snappy opener which offers a lot of possibilities for your presentation. Just think about what you could tell in short about colors and influence.

So, I was playing around with this plot for a couple of years, seriously, finally even creating a sort of prediction gag which I could incorporate. And by method finally I found something "own", inspired by Scott Creasey. At the end I had something which fitted my needs exactly, snappy, no table, no props which I could not carry in my pockets, something I could leave with the involved spectators and at the same time being able to perform it in front of a big audience. But I doubt I would ever write about it here Smile . Jan

I have been obsessed with Technicolor Prediction for YEARS but have always had the same problems you did. It took a very long time but I've developed it into an opening routine that suites all my needs, which are actually quite different from yours.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Hidden, underrated gems. Hmm, well to be honest I don't know of anything that I would suggest in an open forum except for one thing. I don't exactly think it's underrated so much as under valued by those coming into mentalism and magic today, and that is Maximum Entertainment by Ken Weber. The people coming into performance art today seem to all be enamored with the latest and greatest (nothing new there) and nothing but (nothing new there either sadly). So gems like Weber's book get lost in the shuffle of the new stuff coming out. So is it underrated, a magic book with no tricks, no new sleights, and no new gimmicks to be made? Not by people who have read it and have any performance experience themselves ti isn't, but by those who are armchair magicians, I would say it very likely is.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
thomasP
View Profile
Regular user
France
106 Posts

Profile of thomasP
In my case creating my own routines without looking everywere what people are performing, that is unredated for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Underated? (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL