The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lolli Hero by Steve Rowe (59 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..18~19~20 [Next]
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2017, Legendary Wizard wrote:
Such an eye candy . It's a magic trick that doesn't look like magic , but pure skill .

This will hit hard in my gigs . 8 more days to go

I often preset it as skill, or at least not mentalism, the skill is the insanely impressive part.
It's a closing effect leaving them speachless.
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
172 Posts

Profile of kevg
Here's a reaction shot during the reveal of Lolli hero...Speaks for itself.
http://mindgamemagic.co.uk/wp-content/up......0162.jpg
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2017, stookie31 wrote:
Quote:
Such an eye candy . It's a magic trick that doesn't look like magic , but pure skill .

This will hit hard in my gigs . 8 more days to go

I often preset it as skill, or at least not mentalism, the skill is the insanely impressive part.
It's a closing effect leaving them speachless.

I totally agree...this is not a mentalist effect this will be seen as either pure skill or to some real magic....I'm very intrigued in the switch that obviously needs to be done I just hope it's nothing too obvious or weird ...time will tell
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
I'm very intrigued in the switch that obviously needs to be done I just hope it's nothing too obvious or weird ...time will tell

you shout 'look over there!' lol.

No, I'm not sure what you mean but the audience don't notice anything unless you say, 'hey, look at this perfectly normal lollypop', basically as any organic magic, you don't draw too much attention to it by trying to over prove what is essentially a lollypop. Treated casually and naturally there is no heat on anything. It should only become apparent the lollypop has anything to do with the reveal, on or just before the reveal. That's what gets the gasp, total shock and they believe 100%.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2017, stookie31 wrote:
Quote:
I'm very intrigued in the switch that obviously needs to be done I just hope it's nothing too obvious or weird ...time will tell

you shout 'look over there!' lol.

No, I'm not sure what you mean but the audience don't notice anything unless you say, 'hey, look at this perfectly normal lollypop', basically as any organic magic, you don't draw too much attention to it by trying to over prove what is essentially a lollypop. Treated casually and naturally there is no heat on anything. It should only become apparent the lollypop has anything to do with the reveal, on or just before the reveal. That's what gets the gasp, total shock and they believe 100%.

Seems that you quoted the wrong guy ... I didn't say those 😂
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Lol, sorry... it was AceFace
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I literally take unwrapped lolly out of my pocket and stick it in my mouth. I then make a comment like "it helps me concentrate2 or "the venue didn't feed me". No one ever says anything and the reactions are mental. I do this as the finale of a routine with two names and 21st century phantom
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2017, Paul S Wingham wrote:
I literally take unwrapped lolly out of my pocket and stick it in my mouth. I then make a comment like "it helps me concentrate2 or "the venue didn't feed me". No one ever says anything and the reactions are mental. I do this as the finale of a routine with two names and 21st century phantom

Exactly what I thought when I saw this. It would work well with 21st century phantom. Which do you use last, Lolli or 21st? I think it is nice to have the lolli in the mouth while cutting. Reveal the cut. Then reveal the lolli for the second name.

Thanks for sharing!
P
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
IMO, by the trailer of this product alone....I think that this is a lot more powerful than 21st century phantom!!

Sleepy
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
Is this a sucker effect ? Smile
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
IMO, by the trailer of this product alone....I think that this is a lot more powerful than 21st century phantom!!

Sleepy

Yes I agree.
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
This looks great. Placing my order now.... I can't believe I missed this up until now! Too busy for my own good I suspect lol.
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:

Sleepy

Thank you! I have performed 21st century phantom for a couple of years which gets great reaction, but this gets a very different reaction.

It's hard to explain why but I think because it's 3 dimensional, is performed off-beat, is organic in the most possible way are maybe some reasons.
I ALWAYS ask if they have a fav super hero, and Batman/Superman come up so often, so most of the time nothing more is needed - as far as they are concerned they could have names ANY super hero and you would have done the same thing.

The reactions I get are screams, no ways, laughter, shock...it goes on. and from all age groups, I've got lots of videos ill try and load them up here.

No-one ever wants to keep it but sometimes people take it from me to show everyone themselves, I never hold back or worry, I just let them do it, it's a lollypop.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Based on certain comments I think some people are expecting this to be like some James Bond gimmick or an amazing switch technique. But I suspect it is far simpler than that. Hopefully no one will be disappointed when they receive it.
I'm pretty sure I know what's going on here and I think it's great and have pre-ordered.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
The most simple ideas are generally the best , steves a worker , he puts out working material I've never been disappointed

Carl
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2016, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2016, Fire Starter wrote:
Can't get the trailer to work?

https://youtu.be/Jpd4HMowKpY

Thank you SleepyMagic Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2017, carlwag wrote:
The most simple ideas are generally the best , steves a worker , he puts out working material I've never been disappointed

Carl

Carl, I totally agree!
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2017, videoman wrote:
Based on certain comments I think some people are expecting this to be like some James Bond gimmick or an amazing switch technique. But I suspect it is far simpler than that. Hopefully no one will be disappointed when they receive it.
I'm pretty sure I know what's going on here and I think it's great and have pre-ordered.

I totally get your point here, people has asked about the gimmick, in a working environment, simple is always best and yes, you are right, this is simple.
It means you can relax totally and let the performance shine.

Also remember they are not looking at the lolly as anything as the framing of routine means its a lolly.

It's super clean as it is, but you could be a lot dirtier and still the audience would not notice.
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2017, carlwag wrote:

Carl

Thank mate, means a lot.

You know I'm a worker, its essential these things are tried and tested - the method was not my first solution by any means.
Bondy
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Bondy
This looks amazing but, I really would like to be able to hand it out as a souvenir. It's not clear in the advert that this can't be given away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lolli Hero by Steve Rowe (59 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL