The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sketch by Joao Miranda and Julio Montoro (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda Magic
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, Robert Sixx wrote:
Does this come in different cards, or will there be additional cards available for strolling situations, etc...? Mine came in the Queen of Hearts, a good card to have, but I would like to get an additional card or two, of different values, if possible?

Robert

It comes with one gimmick.

However you can order additional and different ones at http://www.joaomiranda.com/store/index.p......ct_id=85
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Got mine today, the "special something" broke after practicing just a few times.
And I am NOT hard on my props.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, tomdeg wrote:
Got mine today, the "special something" broke after practicing just a few times.
And I am NOT hard on my props.

Good thing Joao is sending free replacements!!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, João Miranda Magic wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, obsidian52 wrote:
I just received Sketch and I am slightly afraid to fold the gimmick, the material seems a little tight, will it break upon opening? other than that..perfect..I'm sure I should rewatch the "secret video"

It will not break trust me Smile

I thought it wouldn't break.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, thehawk wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, João Miranda Magic wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, obsidian52 wrote:
I just received Sketch and I am slightly afraid to fold the gimmick, the material seems a little tight, will it break upon opening? other than that..perfect..I'm sure I should rewatch the "secret video"

It will not break trust me Smile

I thought it wouldn't break.

I have learned through life, never say never.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Joao seems like a guy with integrity and I am sure he or the vendor will take care of you. Mine is in the mail. I do hope it's not fragile as it will wind up on the drawer whether they replace the broken part or not
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
It's very well made and should last a while with care. With that said this material does break from time time but it's very easy to repair if it does.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, MR Effecto wrote:
I never go with what pegasus says. This is on my wish list next. I trust João Miranda Magic 100%

Quote from tomdeg [Got mine today, the "special something" broke after practicing just a few times.
And I am NOT hard on my props.]

LMAO. Well it's about time you did start listening to me then, isn't it. Smile
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, MR Effecto wrote:
I never go with what pegasus says. This is on my wish list next. I trust João Miranda Magic 100%

Quote from tomdeg [Got mine today, the "special something" broke after practicing just a few times.
And I am NOT hard on my props.]

LMAO. Well it's about time you did start listening to me then, isn't it. Smile

I will replace any gimmick because as I said they are extremelly well made.

More than 1200 units have been sold now and this is the only complaint I have received.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2017, Xcath1 wrote:
This does not look to me like the kind of trick you would do for an audience that would demand to see the pad.

I have never had any audience Demand anything, and if they did, I would simply say, "No", these are my props and they are very expensive.

Your statement shows your lack of knowledge in performing magic, and experience in front of an audience.

I think that if you can definitely not look at my expensive "normal pad" I also think that if you were to say "no, these are my props and they are very expensive" - you would draw unnecessary heat to them so probably not a good script to go with. Just my thoughts.

____________EDIT___________________

Sorry I should "apologise" you didn't say that you would say the second part - just the short answer "No"... oh my isn't punctuation useful - sorry I overlooked it. Smile but still adding the expensive part not a good idea with a normal looking pad. Smile
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2017, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
This does not look to me like the kind of trick you would do for an audience that would demand to see the pad.

I have never had any audience Demand anything, and if they did, I would simply say, "No", these are my props and they are very expensive.

Your statement shows your lack of knowledge in performing magic, and experience in front of an audience.

I think that if you can definitely not look at my expensive "normal pad" I also think that if you were to say "no, these are my props and they are very expensive" - you would draw unnecessary heat to them so probably not a good script to go with. Just my thoughts.

Sorry I should "apologise" you didn't say that you would say the second part - just the short answer "No"... oh my isn't punctuation useful - sorry I overlooked it. Smile but still adding the expensive part not a good idea with a normal looking pad. Smile

I hate defending myself on these boards but I felt a little attacked by Bill.
To clarify, I perform many effects with unexaminable items. I would never say what Bill recommended as it does not fit my style but have no problem with audience management.
What I meant was due the nature of this prop I would not for example pull it out at dinner for my wife or a friend who would immediately say give me the pad.
I think you know what a I mean
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2017, Xcath1 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2017, dave_matkin wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hate defending myself on these boards but I felt a little attacked by Bill.
To clarify, I perform many effects with unexaminable items. I would never say what Bill recommended as it does not fit my style but have no problem with audience management.
What I meant was due the nature of this prop I would not for example pull it out at dinner for my wife or a friend who would immediately say give me the pad.
I think you know what a I mean

I think saying no to someone asking to look at the pad would be fishy - regardless of how much anyone performs. I think you would need to do some audience management like Josh Jay uses in Blind Sight. Which is an awesome bit of bluffary / misdirection / having the out and out balls to "shut them down" without being fishy.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

I have performed the trick professionally countless times.

Not one single spectator asked me to examine the pad (or card).
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2017, João Miranda Magic wrote:
I have performed the trick professionally countless times.

Not one single spectator asked me to examine the pad (or card).

The key word there being "professionally".
When performing as a paid professional you are far less likely to be asked those types of things than when you are performing for your brother in law.
I think it's safe to say that the majority of magic consumers are not paid professionals, so comparing experiences to someone who is might be a case of apples and oranges.

Having said that, I don't think that examination is an issue nearly as often as we think it's going to be.
The problem is that we can never really be sure when it may happen, but the good news is that simply saying "sure, later" and moving on is not the end of the world either.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
How can they examine when you're stood ten feet away? A prerequisite in order not to show the workings.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

One review more guys, this time from Saturn Magic:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iBDGnHcMfcU

Enjoy!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
This effect is as good as it gets for me. It has the comedy of drawing the back of the card for the reveal and then is beyond shocking for the kicker. Someone thought long, hard and deep to make this simple, foolproof, and wildly visual. Instantly into my close up kit after doing it just 4 times for 4 groups and getting 5 star reactions each time form kids to octogenarians. SUGGESTION: Make this up in business card size and do it with a small pad all kept in your wallet. If Miranda made these for sale I'd buy a few instead of making my own. At the end - wallet switch under the wallet for the real business card and give THAT to the spectator. BUY THIS AND SUPPORT THESE GUYS! I just bought two more for spares. Fantastic!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
This looks really good !! I was actually working on something similar but with a £5 note instead of a card...and my gimmick that I made didn't have any breakable or snappable parts... Here's a little video of it

https://youtu.be/jSToBSDjQwk

However, I'm still perplexed at how this works!! Looks amazing!!

Sleepy
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
This looks really good !! I was actually working on something similar but with a £5 note instead of a card...and my gimmick that I made didn't have any breakable or snappable parts... Here's a little video of it

Sleepy

I like your idea (video) and it has a different but similar use to Sketch. I can't tell your method from the video but it looks like the back of the bill has the top page repeated on it. Yours has a bill appear from nowhere which is cool and useful. You should get Sketch and see hat their execution is. Then apply parts of it to your bill trick. Vanish a bill, open your wallet. Have it pop into view. New trick!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2017, StarManager wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:

Sleepy

I like your idea (video) and it has a different but similar use to Sketch. I can't tell your method from the video but it looks like the back of the bill has the top page repeated on it. Yours has a bill appear from nowhere which is cool and useful. You should get Sketch and see hat their execution is. Then apply parts of it to your bill trick. Vanish a bill, open your wallet. Have it pop into view. New trick!

After watching sketch trailer again, I think it is vaguely similar method but very different...and no, the bill doesn't have anything printed on it, it can be fully examined straight away without Amy switches! I was thinking of combining it with a svenpad routine where the piece of card is a prediction and thenhe prediction jumps.out the page!

Sleepy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sketch by Joao Miranda and Julio Montoro (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL