The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sketch by Joao Miranda and Julio Montoro (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
JOurneyjoe
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of JOurneyjoe
Can the Card be handed out for examination?
tomdeg
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, JOurneyjoe wrote:
Can the Card be handed out for examination?

I believe not without some hanky-panky.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
No but switching it is so easy....
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
88 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
In the Demo he hands it out to his partner but in the comments here it is mentioned, that it is not possible.

I like the visual effect of the trick, even though it seems a bit fiddely in the video.
I only wish the gimick would be customisable since as a german I just love my phoenix cards.
Maybe I will get it and try to make my own gimick like I often have to do.
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda Magic
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2017, Jan Schattling wrote:
In the Demo he hands it out to his partner but in the comments here it is mentioned, that it is not possible.

I like the visual effect of the trick, even though it seems a bit fiddely in the video.
I only wish the gimick would be customisable since as a german I just love my phoenix cards.
Maybe I will get it and try to make my own gimick like I often have to do.

The switch is explained in the instructions, so YES, it is possible.
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bosque
I got this yesterday, and while it works well and is indeed very visual, I would not perform this in a close-up situation. Great for parlor and stage. Ideal for a children's show. Good trick with certain limitations.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, bosque wrote:
I got this yesterday, and while it works well and is indeed very visual, I would not perform this in a close-up situation. Great for parlor and stage. Ideal for a children's show. Good trick with certain limitations.

I have performed the trick at table hopping.

You can´t be under their nose in order to perform the trick but I would not say this is good for stage or parlor only.

One meter or two away from the audience and you are in perfect conditions to perform the trick.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7383 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:

Well that changes everything.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Sketch has been reviewed by wizard product review this week Smile
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bosque
I should reiterate: Sketch is a terrific effect. I would just be careful about getting too close to the specs. I would give myself about ten feet. I will perform this trick; I will simply be careful to perform it under the right conditions. Think Cardiographic.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4642 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
I should reiterate: Sketch is a terrific effect. I would just be careful about getting too close to the specs. I would give myself about ten feet. I will perform this trick; I will simply be careful to perform it under the right conditions. Think Cardiographic.

Interesting, I know in my close up gigs people are closer than 10 feet from me.
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Fero
How is with the gimmick quality??? WPR said that is quite fragile (if I understood it well)..... you know after buying a couple of sansminds product like Travel and oh snap (they got loose or broke after 2/3 performances) I m became little bit skeptical!!
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, Fero wrote:
How is with the gimmick quality??? WPR said that is quite fragile (if I understood it well)..... you know after buying a couple of sansminds product like Travel and oh snap (they got loose or broke after 2/3 performances) I m became little bit skeptical!!

I can guarantee 100% that the gimmick is NOT fragile.

That statement is totally false.

We tested the gimmick more than 20.000 times and still works like the first time.
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
306 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
I just received Sketch and I am slightly afraid to fold the gimmick, the material seems a little tight, will it break upon opening? other than that..perfect..I'm sure I should rewatch the "secret video"
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, obsidian52 wrote:
I just received Sketch and I am slightly afraid to fold the gimmick, the material seems a little tight, will it break upon opening? other than that..perfect..I'm sure I should rewatch the "secret video"

It will not break trust me Smile
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
I had problems with mine being a bit too lively when I performed the move but I have found that the more times you fold the card the better it becomes because a lot of the tension goes and it finds it's sweet spot eventually....I'm definitely going to be using this for table hopping it is absolutely perfect for that type of audience....I think this is such a visually stunning piece of magic and it will sit well along side little door....my gimmicked sharpie is now useful for 2 effects
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7383 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Performing magic ten feet away is not close up. Glad I held back on this one. You only receive one gimmick card, no good for walk around. Fragile, will need repairing.
Such a shame. Was hoping for better with this.
Joao Miranda Magic
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Performing magic ten feet away is not close up. Glad I held back on this one. You only receive one gimmick card, no good for walk around. Fragile, will need repairing.
Such a shame. Was hoping for better with this.

Will need repair? Have you performed the trick 1000 times now?

Do you think I place something on the market that breaks easily?

I feel offended with such statement.

I am so confident with the durability of the gimmick that I will replace the gimmick for free if any breaks.

This is how confident I am about the product.

Good enough?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2315 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I never go with what pegasus says. This is on my wish list next. I trust João Miranda Magic 100%
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Does this come in different cards, or will there be additional cards available for strolling situations, etc...? Mine came in the Queen of Hearts, a good card to have, but I would like to get an additional card or two, of different values, if possible?

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sketch by Joao Miranda and Julio Montoro (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL