The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Where In The World by Mark Mason (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I bought it. I like it. Done as influence which works for me and fits with my show. I like it. Simple, and pretty much idiot proof (which I need).
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Fero
Read a bit about x act.... looks like a more gimmicked version of the grail, if the result achieved in the end is the same is worthless (in my opinion) to get two slightly different tricks... but that's just my opinion .
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
684 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Where in the world I believe is better than x act due to it being seen as more organic and a non card trick and this is preferable to me and gets stronger reactions 😊

Although I prefer it for being a non-card trick as well, I really don't think 'certain' cards will 'fly by' the spectators, as much as they would for the cards used in X-act. If you own X-act, you will know what I'm talking about.
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4319 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2017, RickVancouver wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Where in the world I believe is better than x act due to it being seen as more organic and a non card trick and this is preferable to me and gets stronger reactions 😊

Although I prefer it for being a non-card trick as well, I really don't think 'certain' cards will 'fly by' the spectators, as much as they would for the cards used in X-act. If you own X-act, you will know what I'm talking about.

I agree and thought the same thing.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I was thinking about getting this but after watching the demo I probably will not. First, I do not care for the selection process. With X-Act or Grail you ask the spectator to select a number and then you **** to the selected card. With Where in The World you first ask what month the vacation was taken and then the day. Then you convert the month into a number and then add that number to the number of the day of the month to get a new number and then use that number to count from. It may appear to some spectators that you are using some sort of contrived math to arrive at a certain number. It just reminds me of the old paddle ploy either counting or spelling the number depending upon what number was selected.

Also, the "post card" that is supplied looks awful and cheap. A real vacation post card should have been supplied.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think the procedure seems fair and allows for many less repeated cards than xact and creates a better story for the routine imo Tarik 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Another tip is for those who have this or x act is to change the card you use for 3 to 5 as it holds the extra cards back so much stronger and easier as it's central and the formation makes sense if you picture the 5 on a dice . Ustaads idea using presentation 2 on x act makes this effect where in the world brilliant imo . I have only just started getting into this after x act and my change of cards and Ustaads great mind makes this not just another card effect it's very very solid . Regards Tarik 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
In essence you have one prediction no outs and it's the city . The cards are the city or its famous land mark so Paris in envelope and for Paris and Eiffel Tower will always be
landed on. So Paris boom or Eiffel Tower say what city is that in and its still a boom and you can also have Paris written in bold with a picture of the Eiffel Tower in the back ground on a one sided photo reveal a truly brilliant reveal but I am sure there are loads of other cities with similar land marks . Narendra you are a legend sir 🙂Regards Tarik
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Have been working this a lot lately with one post code of my own in the envelope . The scripting is such that my friend travels all over the world to various destinations on business and leisure and sure like us all has his favourites . In this envelope I have a post card from him from one destination he sent me last year . I would
like someone to guess which month he sent me the post code , ok June and as there are 30 days In June what day on June do you think he sent it ? The 14 th so June the 14th . Cleanly take cards out of the box and June is the 6th month so turning each card face up count January February March April May and June . Pause a beat and then say the 14th and count 14th cards one by one turning face up in the process and slide the 14th card face down off to the side . Cleanly show if you wanted the 15th 16th 17th 18th and 19th . You can also show the 9th through to the 13th very cleanly . You turn over say Berlin or Germany and state that If the envelope contained their exact destinatation would they be impressed ? They say yes you remove one card at it is a map of the world and you joke and say Berlin is about here and point on the at the approximate location stating after the groans that well it is the Capital of Germany so would this make it any clearer for them as you turn the post code over to clearly read in large capital letters Germany To me this is cleaner that having a double out , they are dealt so quick I have the cities and countries randomly upside etc and coupled with your patter subtly where you are saying my friend is a frequent traveller on busiiness and leasure and like us all he has his favourites and these are the places he went last year . Really flies buy amd makes great that it's non cards, x act has a number limitation amd you are not expected to have 52 cards on a destination deck so the method amd amd operation make this a nice change to any close up set 8 out 10 from me as the reactions are solid and the gag makes it better imho Tarik 😊Ps thanks to Narendra for his help on this
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Where In The World by Mark Mason (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL