The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » MIsika's Loops, etc (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RichLucas
View Profile
New user
Haddonfield, NJ
38 Posts

Profile of RichLucas
Any comments on Yigal Misika's Loops and presentations that he is currently offering? I like the idea of being able to float things, but wonder if the set-up for the card reveal trick is too complicated.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Loops are good if you're good at it. I have a hard time keeping them intact (or I lose track of them). The card reveal is pretty simple, and very surprising to the spectators. It just takes a couple of simple moves. Again, I don't do it on a regular basis because I can't keep track of my gimmicks. Jim
SoyMilky
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of SoyMilky
Are you referring to the haunted deck ?
This routine can be done with loops OR a conventional Invisible Thread Reel.
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
@Rich you can find reviews on his dvd if you search up the name on here/ in google.

Yigal's loops are great for things mentioned above, and other mentalism bits. I find they take some time to get used to, hold them, play around with them and get used to the breaking point. Be prepared to lose/break them, thus I would suggest getting a spool and making your own loops. I found it to be awkward and a little off putting at first, but I am really starting to make good progress now. I think part of the reason is once I know how it's done, I feel others may easily know to (although not the case at all, it's just me over thinking things). Additionally, when we see the pros doing it, they make it look so darn easy and flawless, which is not really encouraging (but very motivating) when you first pick it up and realize how much work they've actually put into what they do. For me, part of the issue was solved when I used the correct type of material for the correct type of effect/ levitation... The rest just comes over time.

As for Yigals presentation and suggested performances, it is a solid video if you are just starting out. There are also a few other solid names who work with IT, search through the forums and I'm sure you will come across of them.

Setup/Reveal/Cleanup in most cases is pretty well. You mostly have to understand how it shows in different conditions (exposure of loop), and know its limit in terms of the breaking point. "B.C." likes to do effects where he is completely clean at the end. I would suggest looking into some of his work, I really like the way he teaches -easy to follow and entertaining, and he has some really nice effects. He also has a Penguin Live Lecture I believe. Some of his things are surprisingly simple but very strong, however the keys are in his presentation and subtleties. If you can't figure out who that is, feel free to PM me. (:
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
If your using Loops....MAKE THEM YOURSELF. So much cheaper..plenty of threads on this topic.

Greig.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Make them, I mean tie them yourself.

Greig
jtbmagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of jtbmagic
Any tips on making them yourself Greig?
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
There are a lot if different instructional videos, penguin has one, theres the million dollar knot, yigal goes over it in one of his instructional dvds, most dvds about loops go into making them before showing effects.

It's really not that complicated, if you can tie a normal string or elastic, you can figure out how to tie loops. (:

Using a little piece of wax on both ends of the elastic help.
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
MikeLiu
View Profile
Regular user
vancouver
120 Posts

Profile of MikeLiu
Make them by yourself will save you a lot of money Smile
MultiSlacker
View Profile
New user
GA
59 Posts

Profile of MultiSlacker
Good thread about loops. Ha.

What is the recommended or preferred loop size?
threadman77
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of threadman77
Incredible deal and product can be found at eddieraymond.com
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
I also recommend Eddie's site.

Get the 3pk(15 bands) for $12 or even better 10pk(50 bands) for $30.

He also sells thread if you want to tie your own, or need IT for some other reason.

Dave
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Just ordered Bands from www.eddieraymond.com

The Price is right.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I also recommend Eddies loops.
If you want to make them yourself,I recommend "Million Dollar Knot" from Penguin Magic.
Ihor
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
I ordered his steel Morgans, they're unbelievable.

Dave
Cauan
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Cauan
Eddie I.E. is okay, and you can tie your own loops, is even cheaper then the cheaper, but all my I.T. are more invisible then the I.E., and I.T. is stronger, so for the haunted deck I personally prefer I.T.R., but if you want to learn to tie them search on youtube ( 'Disturb reality' have a nice video on the how to tie your own loops)
And get some fun with the size of the loops

Cauan / brazilian
baronborrelli
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
46 Posts

Profile of baronborrelli
I use loops, and have made my own, but honestly, purchasing them in bulk from Amazon...

I also purchased several Tarantula knock-offs for less than $5, and they are very decent.

However the BEST are the small iboss (wooly) reels from Penguin or anywhere else. They are really good.

I generally wear my reels in the cuff of my sleeve and keep the putty on sleeve button.

Note, I gave up on wax a long time ago. I use the poster putty instead. It is always ready (no need to rework), doesn’t seem to get as yucky, and one huge advantage:

If your thread breaks, you can roll it up and stick it up really thin and stick it in the thread egress holes, and nearly always pick up the broken end.
MateosSpain
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of MateosSpain
I really like loops but I do them myself and just use them when I don't have no other invisible thing which is normal because they are really portable and is easy and fast to get ready
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » MIsika's Loops, etc (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL