The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fake Pocket by Gregory Wilson (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Great routine, and well taught as usual. It's one of those routines that just "fits" Wilson's personality, though - not sure if I'll ever use it, but it will be fun to play with. He gives plenty of tips on how to cover yourself, and advocates that you just do the first phase until you gain confidence to add more, as he did originally. Lots of tips on misdirection and psychology when invading someone's personal space, all of which was really interesting. And watching Wilson actually do it on the street repeatedly, which he does at the beginning of the video, adjusting the routine depending on circumstance, has got to be instructional for anyone who's actually planning on trying this. He even has one run-through where you can see him going for a watch steal that just isn't happening, so he switches gears and does something else without missing a beat.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Is there a video anywhere of a wholé performance anywhere ? I'd like to establish list if it's worth the time to learn etc. To me it depends on how much he has to handle their wallet in the early phases. I am assuming he does to get the cards out . If he does actually pickpocket it and return it , that's a hell of a skill. Just want to see the routine , not expose.
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Fake Pocket is a simple routine, that a good performer can make great. I'm very happy to know it.

I am, however, very unhappy with the haphazard production of the video.

It looks like Gregory Wilson didn't even bother to plan the Studio Performance portion of the video before recording it. His instruction is often distracted and contradictory. For example, in one demonstration, he says to do steps in one order, then in the next, he completely reverses it. He tells you specifically not to do something, and then proceeds to do it.

I ended up editing out a *full 1/3* of the Studio Performance, so I could learn the routine consistently, and without distraction.

In my opinion, it is very poor form to ask people to pay for your product, and then deliver something that seems like you don't care.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
BRILLIANT!

Most of us know how brilliant Gregory is... he's a true master in what he does and he is undoubtedly the best in it too. If there is only one thing you should learn to become a magician and great entertainer then only buy his Off the Cuff DVD-set. Even if you would never perform any of the amazing effects you still will learn one of the most important skills an entertainer needs to possess... Learn from the best, and learn how to interact with people from a master! Buy Off the Cuff and never buy anything else and you will be an amazing entertainer... everywhere you go, for the rest of your life!

That said, Fake Pocket is nothing less and if you have the guts to try it out (and you really must) you will have a real killer demonstration. Again learn from the master! This is it! I love the video, I love the teaching, in a way only the best of the best can do. This is so good, I totally disagree with the post above... this is pure gold and priced way too cheap.

Again...

PURE GOLD!!! Smile
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
[EDIT] In my previous post I wrote Off the Cuff but I actually meant the On the Spot DVD set Smile
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fake Pocket by Gregory Wilson (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL