The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Orange Lemon egg... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone has seen or used the Proline cage for the orange lemon egg and parakeet. I have heard great things about both the Malloy and Chalet versions, but just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Proline version.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Did not know they made the effect. I would not buy anything from Proline. Do a search on this company on the Café. Poor reputation.
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
Really? I always thought that Proline had a good reputation.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Proline is good. It's Doug Tilford who promotes Proline that's got the bad rep. This unfortunately has rubbed off on Proline. I know Cliff, the owner and main builder of Proline, personally and he is a great guy! If you ever work with Proline, go directly to Cliff Wiggs and not Doug Tilford.

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
I have the Proline Cage... It's great
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Salazar Magic,

Now we know you have the Proline Cage could you give any pros or cons to this cage? Table? etc?
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
There is no table... just the cage.

It's very sleek and deceptive. Don't have much to compare it to other that the firest one I bought fron xrillusions which is a piece of ****.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the cage.
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
Does it work on the same roller blind principle?
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Yup.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Does Proline have its own website?
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
I know this is about Proline, but I'll just give my two cents about the Chalet cage, which I use.

Chalet has moved the door to the side of the cage, making the appearance of the canary from the egg more visible. Your hand is not longer at the front of the cage blocking the audience's view inside.

Chalet also offers the option of having a plexi-glass front to the cage, also making it more visible.

And if you want a practical way to vanish you items, I uses a "Dove to Silk Sensation" banner. Put the canary in, and it changes to a yellow silk. Put the egg in and it changes to a white silk. Put the lemon in and it changes to a yellow silk. Better than a devil's hank and packs smaller than a gimmicked table.

Best wishes

Cris
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Don't know that I would be happy waiting for over six months for a prop.
A few guys have paid up front. Chalet needs to sort their problems out.
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
I waited quite a while for my cage from Chalet. He is currently running his shop by himself as the sole builder. He no longer employs other carpenters or builders. I found it worth the wait for the quality prop I received and have no complaints.

Cris
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I agree. Props are an investment. The wait is just part of it. Lucy and I use a lot of Chalet props.

Bob Sanders
Magio By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
prolineprops
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of prolineprops
Hi guys and gals,

Just a few thoughts.
Clear plexi on the front can increase visibility or kill it depending on lighting and glare. Rumor has it that David Copperfield's cage had a plexi front because David liked the style of the cage but the front was broken. The plexi replacement was a "fix". Most bird cages of that size have a front door. Again, Copperfield used a side door because of the front replacement. Most magicians want what they see on T.V. which is probably why Chalet constructs his with the side door and plexi front.

Why not just turn the cage around and have the door on the back for the production, to increase visibility?
Just my .02 which isn't worth much with inflation.

Cliff Wiggs
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Cliff,

Do You build one ?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
When I was at a magic convention, Chalet Magic made his cages with plexi fronts. I thought about the lighting problem as well. Stage lights bouncing off the plexi and the audience would not see anything.
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
You are right about lighting, but from what I can tell of videos of my performances, that hasn't been a problem so far. When I ordered my cage from Chalet about 4 years ago, he offered the option of either the wire or the plexi front. Since they are made to order, I'm sure he could make you which ever you prefer. After all, to make the plexi front, he actually has to remove the wire front from the cage.

I've gotten terrific responses from this effect. I knock myself out doing the big stuff, and someone told me once they thought the OLEC was the highlight of my act.

Cris
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I personally prefer the Plexiglas. I don't do that specific trick but I do use a Plexiglas top that George built for me (1979-81?) on other tricks in my act. When he built it for me he wanted to put some kind of perch in it. I have often wished I had agreed.

Incidentally, the Plexiglas has out lasted the regular bars by many years. Back then it was $30 extra. That's a bargain!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Ben Pratt
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Ben Pratt
Salazar,
I agree, the cage from xrillusions is definitely no good. I had BAD experiences with that one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Orange Lemon egg... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL