The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » A NOT SO gently approach to being a little large but dressing nice, and a piece from Freakonomic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
While I agree with what is said within maybe I would have wrote the article with smoother edges, I still consider this a good read, full of whit and humor coupled with real world advise.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-fat-m......an-parra

So this will lead to the next bit on this topic.....TO SUSPEND or NOT TO SUSPEND?

The gist: suspenders may work better, but the dork factor is too high. How did an organ-squeezing belly tourniquet become part of our everyday wardrobe?
A Freakonomics radio podcast on how the belt won the war....

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/how-did-......episode/
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I didn't listen to the podcast yet, but I say definitely SUSPEND. Dork factor, none existent, IMO. Cool factor, VERY HIGH, in this girl's opinion.

Here's exhibit A of a great "Suspender" Smile , if you will:

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Exhibit B and C, too. See, he & his costume designers stuck with the suspenders. I find that very interesting.

I say cool factor, HIGH, see? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » A NOT SO gently approach to being a little large but dressing nice, and a piece from Freakonomic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL