We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's your favorite trick with 4 or 5 ungimmicked coins? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
380 Posts

Profile of swayne100
I'm curious what you think is your favorite effect with 4 or 5 ungimmicked coins... coins across... thru the table?

Let's here it!
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Boomerang Coins from 21st Century Coin Mechanics
Four coins, no extras, no gaffs. Stand up coins across. No sleeving etc.
I always do it with Morgan or Peace silver dollars.
Just performed it a few days ago surrounded at a party at a local bar.

It's pure sleight of hand. Takes practice but can be learned by anyone who puts in the effort.

Larry
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4859 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I have A few Smile Coin Assembly's Ungaffed! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Bin
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Bin
My personal favorite is my own coins through the table with cour coins, no extras. It seems to get pretty good reactions in general, and there is a fun method for the last two phases which is something of a magician fooler. I just need a table...
Remember Quacky.
plmqaz1243
View Profile
Regular user
Only has
141 Posts

Profile of plmqaz1243
I've found myself working on a sofa with people at lots of different heights lately... so no more hanging coins for me! Coins thru table and Greg Wilson's coins across are my usual go to effects, although I always get the best reactions from one-coin tricks like coin thru cup and simple vanishes.
RitalDino
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of RitalDino
That would be MB's Krazy koinz accross for me. The look of the routine is just pure magic and amazement!
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
I posted this on the Perverse Magic thread of the Genii Forum on October 1, 2004.

“Progressive Production is an effect by Bob Carver and it appears on page 377 of Bobo "The New Modern Coin Magic" (it's not in the first edition or the paperback Dover version) and with some modifications I've made in the presentation (I have two different presentations) , it's become one of my favorite impromptu effects.

In both presentations it's just something that happens - I'm not doing a trick.

I have two presentations as follows:

1 I ask a spectator for a quarter and when I get it, it becomes two, then three, then four and then five. Then, as if this is a natural way to get money and not a magic effect, I use the line that comes from one Vernon attributes to Malini (See Dai Vernon Book of Magic page 106) as I give the lender back her quarter, "Thanks, I needed quarters." as I put the other four in my pocket.

2 I note a quarter in a spectator's purse or on the table and say, "Oh there's one!" (As if the quarter is a special one. I use this line for several effects. I then make her quarter two, then three, then four and then five and I let her keep them all. (For the frugal it can be done with nickels.)

More details on the Perverse Magic thread.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5188 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2017, RitalDino wrote:
That would be MB's Krazy koinz accross for me. The look of the routine is just pure magic and amazement!

Although it only uses 3 ungimmicked coins, I have to agree this is a killer routine and has just been updated and re-released as a stand alone download. http://www.vinnymarini.com/download/kk.html
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
575 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
Stand-up Okito Box routines.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4183 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
E Pluribus Unum.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4859 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
That is not ungaffed ! But Yea Marlo Had some Nice stuff With that In R.K's Coin Magic book!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Oh, sorry about that! I mistakenly read "gimmicked coins" when the OP had stated "ungimmicked."

In that case, my vote is for Matrix. And Coins Thru Table.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9119 Posts

Profile of funsway
I am nostalgic and favor the first such effect that I mastered, "Birds of a Feather" from Tarbell.
Mostly I perform it with small objects other than coins -- a huge advantage in many settings.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1141 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Four coin production - wild coin routine (copper coins into silver, and back again ala David Roth) then all coins vanish. Productions, vanishes and colour changes in one routine 😄
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
All the ones I do Smile.
Jamie-boy
View Profile
Regular user
Berea, Ohio
186 Posts

Profile of Jamie-boy
Out with Four - David Roth
Romancing the Coinbox - Robert Bengel
James Sievert
Sleight of Hand Hobbyist since 1990.
Bassist since 1973.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3361 Posts

Profile of warren
Sankey's Mr Clean Coins Across, Daryl's Elbow, Knee & Neck and various copper, silver Transpo's although technically they don't use 4 coins but all gimmick free and kill for lay audiences Smile
Escamoteur
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
PDQ #2 by Paul Harris (originally in Close-Up Entertainer). A nice no table needed Coins Across routine.
Also nowadays (as am more likely to do mentalism) a mentalism trick involving 5 coins.
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
639 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Coins through the table -- mixed breed of ideas taken from Bobo, Milt Kort, and Ross Bertram.

David Roth's Out With Four.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What's your favorite trick with 4 or 5 ungimmicked coins? (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL