The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Flexible mirror (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Another video performance starting at 35 minute mark. He almost exposed the gimmicked but still a strong performance.

https://youtu.be/eBSmgbVx_ws
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
One thing that always bother me about this apparatus is this the bending of the mirror or the bending of the frame and mirror? On all the models they camouflage the frame.

Couldn't it be that the frame is flexible but the mirror is not, and the frame has the power to flex the mirror when it is within the frame?

Which presentation would work in a magic show, that both the frame and mirror are flexible when hidden from view, or just the mirror flexes?
There doesn't seem to be any logic concerning the frame, as I see it.

Just ran accross this. See video at 4:33. How about them apples?! Is there any better reason for the frame than it is a door with the mirror embedded?
Fantasio was just so creative.

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Frank, I can see that is a nice idea, would work great for school shows or childrens parties, with a safety warning for children to not mess with the items in the Medicine Cabinet.
Hayre
View Profile
Regular user
Arkansas
195 Posts

Profile of Hayre
I altered a Mikame to add a side slot like Henning used. Used a Dremel. Very tricky to do but worth the hours of labor when you perform with it
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2019, jimgerrish wrote:
To my mind, the trick became obsolete on the day I learned about Mylar.

That's why I tap on the glass with the knitting needle when the mirror is outside of the bag.
Hayre
View Profile
Regular user
Arkansas
195 Posts

Profile of Hayre
To revive this topic a bit. Some claim Henning removed the mirror from the top slot. Others claim he dad a side slot which he used to remove the mirror, as well as top slot audience was unaware of, that was necessary for the working. I modified a Mikame to match the latter, but it was a bit 'Flexi' with so much frame removed. So, then I rewatched the Henning videos. Is it possible that he had a top slot only, but he turned the frame vertically to remove the mirror from the side (and replace it) ?? It plants the thought that the mirror can only be removed/inserted from the side, or that it has a side slot ??
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Henning is using a Wellington Flexible Mirror and the mirror is removed from the top slot, he appears to remove from side because he turns the frame. By the way the Wellington version is the very best version made!
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Flexible mirror (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL