The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Double facers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
Don't hang around Gaffed and Funky much, but hoping someone can help me out. I have a double-faced deck of cards (from Penguin) and I noticed that hearts and spades are mated and diamonds and clubs...is this always the case? I read a short review on Amazon where one reviewer listed the card combinations from his deck and they were exactly the same.

I'm looking to construct a deck that when one side is in new deck order, the other side looks mixed - any thoughts? I was thinking I would buy a couple of more DF decks and mix them up, but obviously if there all mated the same, that won't help...

Thanks,
ryan
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
They are basically all the same but certain makers do theirs differently. To get what you desire - NDO on one side and a random mix on the other would have to be either hand made or have some decks of your own printed that way.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Joshua Jay talks briefly about how he did this in his second Penguin lecture. Used double-decker from Card-Shark, and spray glue.
(Not sure I'd want to spend $30 to do it, but then again, he does run VanishingInc.)

Hmm, now you've got me thinking. One side is Mnemonica and the other is NDO. Too bad it's the ol' solution without a problem.

Just searched, and the bottom bullet even discusses your request:
https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/......-decker/

Dave
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
You can check the 4 options for double facers that Card Shark offers in their web:

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......rtID=308
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
Yes, I watched Joshua's second lecture and that's where I got the idea of trying to make up a deck out of just DFers....didn't want the expense and the work of gluing 52 cards together - thought I had a great idea! Oh well...

Just checked out Card Sharks options - by the time you buy there 4 decks to mix and match, you've spent more than what you would pay for a double-decker deck...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Double facers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL