The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins At the Table (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Looking forward to sharing some old favorites, and some brand new offerings at my upcoming At the Table lecture this March 1. Included will be some of my favorites, and tips on stealth palm and the ROPS move. In addition, a New routine called The Mentalist, which I feel is worth by itself more than the price of the lecture, a New routine called Vegas Math (a different bandling from the Fuzzy Math routine on the NYCMS dvd set, and the Double Face Coin routine, which I forgot to do on the second Penguin Live lecture. May also add something more, let me know if there is something you would like to learn!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
822 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Count me in on getting this. Love the groans, my kind of comedy!
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Looking forward to see this. Do you take request ? I remember a routine you did on your Knockout Coin Magic VHS (remember them ?) I think you called the routine The black hole. I'd love to see you resurrect this routine.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Where will this lecture be filmed?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Hey Joe, did a new version of The Black Hole on the second Penguin Live lecture (4 hours of new stuff on that one!). Lecture will be done in Sacremento, Ca., for Murphy's magic. They also have a great lecture series available as DVD or downloads, and for a very inexpensive cost.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Coming up March 1!! Here is what I plan to present, barring any last minute changes:

1. Four Coin Production /Impossible Four Coin Trick - this is Dr. Rubinstein's opener from his Castle Act! Four coins appear one by one, and travel from one hand to another under increasingly impossible conditions, with the last one appearing in the hands of the spectator.

2. Triple Coin to Card - A signed coin appears under your business card three times under test conditions.  Perfect for table hopping, this is the routine Rubinstein uses as an opener in informal situations. Perfect for handing out your business card!

3. The Mentalist - A NEW routine whereby the magician assumes the role of a mentalist, and predicts the name of a chosen card. Or DOES he? Pefect blend of coins and cards with a splash of mentalism to spice up the trick. This trick has fooled magicians and laymen alike, and alone is worth the price of the lecture!

4. The Double Faced Coin routine - A NEW routine where the magician explains how the use of a double faced coin nearly lead him to a life of crime.

5. Vegas Math - Mix Gaddabout Coins with a slot machine type ending, and you get this delightful plot where the magician uses coins to explain todays modern math.

6. The Bent Coin Routine - A Routine where both the magician's coin AND the spectator's coin are bent!This routine showcases Rubinstein's pocket management technique, with refinements never taught before.

7. Twilight Zone Wild Coin - One of Rubinstein's favorite tricks, where George Midas, shoeshine boy, develops a REAL midas touch.This presentation is more suited to parlour.

8. Copper Silver Brass - Here is the UNGIMMICKED multi phase routine you have been waitng for! Complete with a couple of new refinements, and the Flyback ending never taught before in the context of this routine.

9. Magnetic Coins - two half dollars inexplicably stick together in this very clean handling.

10. The Substitution Trunk Mystery - the classic stage illusion, performed with coins!

11. Stealth copper silver. For the first time, Rubinstein explajns how to properly train your hand to make stealth palm easier!
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Wow, I will look forward to this here.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Sounds great! Where do I sign up for this?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

I would contact Murphys magic who sponsor the lectures. I think they have a banner on the Café somewhere. A few of the routines have been taught on the Penguin Live lectures 1 and 2, but I have tweaked a few a little bit, or added a few more insights in this upcoming lecture.
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Michael your version of Paul Harris Free Flight.

Thanks

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Wow, I haven't done that since Knockout Coin Magic! It did have some nice coin and card moves, but as I recall, one move looked unnatural. Its a 4 coin to card routine, I do a marked coin to card routine already. But Hey, will take a look.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Filmed today, 11 routines, three never taught before to the public, and revealing in another a new pocket management system with details never before shown. Plus how to practice and use Stealth palm, work on the ROPS move, and some modifications to some older favorites. No gaffs, of course Smile . Over two hours you don't want to miss! Airing March 1!!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I know what I doing this afternoon! His 2 previous video lectures were outstanding.
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Dr. Rubenstein,

I've pre-ordered your lecture and am looking forward to it.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Available for download foday!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Haven't received it yet. Anyone else?
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
822 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Got to watching this today.

Just another example of how being able to convey ideas and thoughts can inspire to work on there magic. Dr. Rubinstein is one of my favorite coin performers. From the jokes to the magic. I have to say that watching some of the effects that I already knew the lines to I found myself kind of like re-watching comedy specials mouthing along and laughing either way.

I love the Bent Coin routine! I guess I will have to go to the bank on Friday and get a roll or two of quarters to start practicing this one. In this effect you bend a coin of yours then you bend a spectators coin. There are some subtle things that really make this effect work.

I enjoyed the Copper Silver Brass Routine. There is a great coins across with all the different coins. This is a very modular routine that you can expand or deconstruct. Some very interesting ideas.

For the price you can't beat this. It is quite stream lined in that there isn't really any down time. Overall another great product.

I am curious to know if people prefer the Penguin Lectures or At the Table more? I do enjoy the Table of Contents that comes with the At the Table.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

The Penguin lectures are typically longer, and cost more. The At the Table lectures run 2 to 2.5 hours, and cost 5-8 dollars depending on sales (now $7.95). Or you can buy a month at a time, two lectures for $9.95). It's one of the best deals for downloads in magic. This month you can get both myself and Luke Dancy.In my lecture you get 11 routines, including three brand new effects. The Mentalist will fit anyone, whether you do coins, cards, or mentalism! (But the camera angle caused me to flash at one point...oh well). Anyway, hope you enjoy it!
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I really enjoyed Dr. Rubinstein's lecture. Vegas Math is a new one, and would play well in a larger venue. Twilight Zone Wild Coin is one of the best routines ever. I like how he's improved and simplified this for a parlor show.

His opener, the four coins across, looks like it's been updated and improved. The double-faced coin routine is very clever and fun. Psychologically, I think it's the way to do the coin with three sides kind of trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins At the Table (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL