The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..20..27..34..41..46~47~48 [Next]
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1334 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Nathan Alexander wrote:
I hope it's okay to post this since it's on Vanishing Inc's site, but they reveal the number of outs, so I don't think it's a secret? But it's in the email from them anyway.

Apologies Nathan for my above post... it does give an indication - for the wonderers of the outs, this is a key statement "You can reveal up to four outs, while the others remained locked away, concealed from audience view"

However I don't quite understand that quotation? Shouldn't it read "There are 4 outs possible, with one prediction being displayed whilst the others are locked away, concealed from audience view"?

Yep that's how I read it.

Which makes the demo slightly disingenuous with the young lady asking if she can examine the rest of the pack and only turning over two cards. Her examination of the box is probably also a bit light hearted. Nothing you couldn't audience manage but all this expense for 4 outs ? I've 52 with an Invisible deck.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
445 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
You have to applaud the honesty of Vanishing in giving the number of outs to avoid disappointment with what can be achieved using the Gift.

(I guess the shape of a box is possibly a clue - without knowing how it works)
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
I was hoping perhaps that the top and bottom could have been in some way part of the working of the box equalling 6 outs instead - wishful thinking.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
900 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Al Koran I would imagine 4 outs,and used with the gift is a fantastic effect.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
445 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:

Which makes the demo slightly disingenuous with the young lady asking if she can examine the rest of the pack and only turning over two cards. Her examination of the box is probably also a bit light hearted. Nothing you couldn't audience manage but all this expense for 4 outs ? I've 52 with an Invisible deck.

It s always interesting how we magicians, artists of deception, are deceived by cleverly constructed video ads (just like our spectators we assume more than we actually see).
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Are we talking about Sansminds?
wanderwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, JackMagic wrote:
God knows how some of the U.K. Dealers come up with the selling price

The official exchange rate $75 comes to GBP60:20

Most UK Dealers are selling it well over GBP70 !!

The $75 is excluding tax, even in the US they have to add sales tax to the price.

Actually several USA Dealers are offering Free World Wide shipping so ok you might have to wait a little longer but the difference in price is huge !

And if shipping out of US no tax is payable

Nope. Import duty, VAT and then a whopping processing charge get added on by the courier when the item arrives in the UK. Often customers get a letter instead of the package.. asks them to recontact them to pay the tax and charges before a new delivery date is given. It's a story I get emailed about all the time.. Smuggling does happen though.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1454 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Here is the add from Vanishing INC on their website :

It says clearly , quote : "You can reveal up to four outs, while the others remained locked away, concealed from audience view."

The Gift
Trick (pre-order - ships Feb 13) by Angelo Carbone ($74.95)
The Gift - magic

Angelo Carbone is one of our industry's most clever inventors. With us, he has built the sort of credibility to pay close attention to ANYTHING with his name on it. "The Gift" might be his most wildly original idea yet! We are so, so, so impressed the engineering marvel that is ...The Gift.

What you receive is a box that gives you multiple outs. The box is examinable, doesn't require anything to be added in or taken away, and it's entirely self-contained. Yet, despite these wonderful constraints, you are able to control which outcome you reveal on a piece of paper. You can reveal up to four outs, while the others remained locked away, concealed from audience view.

The possibilities with "The Gift" are limited only by your imagination. We prefer the non-card effects supplied and suggested, but card tricks like the one in the trailer are hard to top.

The box you receive is attractive yet unassuming, and the quality of the materials will serve you well in your shows for a lifetime. The limited-edition yellow is lovely, but we also love the black color. This is a performance piece equally at home in a close-up magic show or a parlor show of mentalism. The great news is that it's really easy to do too. It is, truly, a gift!
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I am almost 100% sure that Vanishing Inc - did NOT get the OK to reveal the number of outs

If you wanted to know - you could have asked Mr Carbone

I'm not looking for this as a playing card routine - so for me x outs - is pretty awesome

Especially - as [I guess] all I need to do is pick the box up and 'prove' there is a prediction inside the box - then pass it [still unopened] for the spec to open...
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6029 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I would of thought it could hold 6 as the top and the bottom seem the easiest to construct ie top inner falling onto the bottom or vice a versa the sides would to me seem harder to mechanically build however the top and bottom could easily be achieved by an opposing polarity m.g..t ? I have seen this and know it looks beautiful and works like a dream just didn't know the number of outs I supposed I imagined 4 but dreamt of 6 . Wonderful piece of kit though and I am sure would be great for switching things etc as well as the card effect etc regards Tarik 😊
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Ray Chelt wrote:

Which makes the demo slightly disingenuous with the young lady asking if she can examine the rest of the pack and only turning over two cards. Her examination of the box is probably also a bit light hearted.

No, that's the exact amount of effort most spectators would put into being "convinced".
Official Thread Killer
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
445 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
The box does look very clean - nice close up shots in the demo video and no 'extra thicknesses' visible. Looks like a good piece of engineering.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
How on earth did Angelo get 4 folded jumbo cards in there with it looking so thin. Good job Smile
Sari Atassi
View Profile
New user
Syria
50 Posts

Profile of Sari Atassi
"You can reveal up to four outs, while the others remained locked away, concealed from audience view."

This statement is kind of confusing..

Does that mean you can reveal up to 4 outs -in the same time- while keeping the other outs locked away from the spectators

Or does that mean you can reveal "one" out of 4 possible outs that could be revealed...
It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. ~ Mark Twain
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1454 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
One out of 4 !

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Sari Atassi wrote:
"You can reveal up to four outs, while the others remained locked away, concealed from audience view."

This statement is kind of confusing..

Does that mean you can reveal up to 4 outs -in the same time- while keeping the other outs locked away from the spectators

Or does that mean you can reveal "one" out of 4 possible outs that could be revealed...
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Hello all.

Just to clarify a few things...

The box can be used to reveal up to a maximum of four predictions. Of course only one is used in the card trick in the demo. It can be used with any flat paper objects, so if you have another routine in mind, this box can work in conjunction with it.

It's made of very high quality strong cardboard and looks incredibly thin without compromising on sturdiness.

It's very easy to do. One natural action and all is done. You hardly do anything which is good.

The spectator can stop at any card they want and not just the first few. They can see different cards as they deal so they are in way subtly examining the deck as they deal. In my torn paper routine I get them to choose any number between 1 and 52 and they deal to that number, face up.

You must understand, when I showed the magicians who have endorsed it, they were not privy to the information you guys have now. They saw it blind and from scratch with no prior knowledge of what to expect. It is a fooling trick. This is exactly what your spectators will experience because they will be seeing it for the very first time too! Now you guys know a little of what is going on, don't let that sway you from dismissing a potentially strong trick for your audience. Have faith in it. Also it's not just a trick, it's a utility prop.

I am trying to be open with you all without giving too much away for those that don't want to know. There is a fine line with not revealing anything to protect the secret and providing useful information to help you make an informed decision. I hope you can appreciate the position I am in.

I am very proud of this. I hope you will be too!
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1058 Posts

Profile of sbays
I think this looks superb! I typically stay away from "contraptions", but this looks so organic and commonplace. 4 outs is PLENTY to achieve some very strong routines. I have always loved Koran's 5 Star Miracle. I really like the idea of using this box for it. I also love the story telling possibilities that this box would allow. You can bring the deck out of the box when you begin. Love it.

And of course you don't need to limit yourself to "cards". Think using a "Free Will" type of effect with the items being in the box when you begin. Bring them out, perform the selections, then you have the outs you need. Smile

Great work Angelo! I am eager to start using this.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
My order is in...so excited by this. Will be great for performing cataclysm. This really is a box of tricks
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Sorry my PM box is full. Will try to clear some messages. I have been overwhelmed with the response. Lots of emails, messages and PMs. Please bear with me.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9181 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I'm a perhaps decent-at-best coin guy, but I do recognize magic when I see it, and this is quite magical. I love the simplicity of it, the fact that it seems self contained with little effort to make the magic happen. I love the aspect of the cards in the box as it lures the specs in and sends some subliminal messages while they remove it. Love that it's not just a trick done with cards, but that it can involve a lot of different predictions. I like the fact that it comes from the mind of a proven thinker in magic. I think I remember Angelo from his Tenyo(?) creations, and anyone that thinks like that is indeed coming up with this stuff from a another level, and so already I know it is ingenious. Plus it's a darn good closeup trick for a coin guy, heck, for anybody. Smile

I think his work(s) speak for itself, and I expect this to become another one of his elite classics.

Good job Angelo! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..20..27..34..41..46~47~48 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL