The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (533 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..30..34..38..42..46~47~48 [Next]
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
My 'something' was also not working but I have to give a shout out to propdog as they had already taken this into account and inside was a little something extra from them that works great. Really happy with their service, thanks PD Smile

The Duster, have you heard of Destination by Russ Andrews or Ross Taylors Ecrof?
Destination is a way to pretty much guarantee that at the end they'll definitely have one of three cards in mind. Ecrof is pretty much the same principle but teaches non-card stuff... really worth looking into.
The Gift also makes certain psychological forces worry free.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, Johnsypoppins wrote:
have you heard of Destination by Russ Andrews or Ross Taylors Ecrof?

Thanks for that

I love to look up items anyway, and especially when I have been pointed towards them as they may have a purpose to help me with an effect
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
No worries mate, happy to help.

Ecrof itself doesn't contain the card force but includes an in depth look at the method, and it's easy to see how you could use it for a card force.
Destination is straight up about forcing a card and has Peter Turner giving ideas etc.
Also you can find a less comprehensive look at Ecrof within the Kings Never Die manuscript, along with a card force using the method.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1377 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Well...

I just got mine...

And I am one of the unlucky ones...

I bought it from Saturn [UK] - any idea how long until you might send them the special something - I guess then I just swap the thing in the TT for the special something that is sent to me????

It's annoying as I so wanted to have a play with this and maybe use it this weekend

I'm moving away from using the deck [as if spec deals face up - there's a chance they may go long and deal a lot of cards - which may not be an ideal situation when they are all being dealt face up] - so I'm thinking of ways to force one thing from many possibilties - then giving the spec the number of free choices that this item makes possible....

Are you at Blackpool? I can oblige.

Also don't worry about a big number. No one will suspect a thing as they don't know what to look for. Tonight at the Ruskin someone picked 38 and it completely fooled them.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
FJR
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of FJR
Just chiming in to also add my positive recommendation. A fabulous little tool. PropDog added the extra something but mine was working fine without it - now it's just more reliable. (And the few that arrived faulty are being taken care of well it seems.)

I gave it a first try-out this evening with my partner and she was, of course, amazed. She very much enjoyed her gift of wonder. She always tries to figure things out because she's a bright and curious person, and the only thing she came up with (then immediately dismissed) was that I must have had 52 slips of paper ready, from which I immediatley found the right one, and which I then must have sneaked into the box somehow in the blink of an eye!

I also want to say how incredibly good the support from Angelo (and Titanas) has been on this. Between his helpful points here and on Facebook, he has put so much time into helping people out with this. A rare phenomenon in this world. Thanks.

I'm looking forward to coming up other possibilities for this.

All the best,
Francis
Flaneur / Gentleman Amateur
Member of the I.B.M - Ring 25
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, Angelo Carbone wrote:

Are you at Blackpool? I can oblige.

Thanks for the offer…

You are the fourth person to ask that…

Maybe I will go up another year, this year I think I’m the only person who is working this weekend… while I'm on stage, I will think about all of you up in Blackpool having a good time…

If I had of known all the real magicians were away this weekend, I would have charged more…

Though as I’m new to magic I am always buying stuff [from Saturn] – so I can wait until I buy something off them and [if they have them by then] they can just put the special something in the same parcel… I can be patient

Thanks again though
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
I preordered this from Penguin, and received it today (very fast shipping).

Although I have not performed this yet, here are my early thoughts about The Gift:

The method is unique and interesting, and brings a smile to your face. However, the quality control on this item was poor, especially given the price. As someone mentioned above, a gimmick is used. Mine came apart after not even five minutes of use. It was poorly mounted, and just by looking at it I could tell it could have issues even before it fell apart.

Secondly, to activate one of the "outs" requires hitting a "sweet spot" that could be finicky. You only receive feedback if you hit that spot or not once you shake the box. It would be sort of awkward to shake the box and not hear the prediction rattling inside, which would mean you missed the sweet spot.

This is an interesting effect, but for the price I'd have to say I'd expect a bit better quality control.
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1377 Posts

Mysterious Mike

I am sorry part of the gimmick got a little dislodged. Many are made so it is unfortunate that one may have slipped up. It could have happened it transit. However it is easily fixable and am sure you know what needs to do.

The more you practice the effect the easier and quicker you will know what and where you must do it.

Best wishes
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1377 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 16, 2017, FJR wrote:
Just chiming in to also add my positive recommendation. A fabulous little tool. PropDog added the extra something but mine was working fine without it - now it's just more reliable. (And the few that arrived faulty are being taken care of well it seems.)

I gave it a first try-out this evening with my partner and she was, of course, amazed. She very much enjoyed her gift of wonder. She always tries to figure things out because she's a bright and curious person, and the only thing she came up with (then immediately dismissed) was that I must have had 52 slips of paper ready, from which I immediatley found the right one, and which I then must have sneaked into the box somehow in the blink of an eye!

I also want to say how incredibly good the support from Angelo (and Titanas) has been on this. Between his helpful points here and on Facebook, he has put so much time into helping people out with this. A rare phenomenon in this world. Thanks.

I'm looking forward to coming up other possibilities for this.

All the best,
Francis

Thank you kindly sir. Over on the Facebook group people have been posting that it has passed the wife/gf test. 😀
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10395 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, Mysterious Mike wrote:
I preordered this from Penguin, and received it today (very fast shipping).

Although I have not performed this yet, here are my early thoughts about The Gift:

The method is unique and interesting, and brings a smile to your face. However, the quality control on this item was poor, especially given the price. As someone mentioned above, a magnet is used. My magnet came apart after not even five minutes of use. The magnet was poorly mounted, and just by looking at it I could tell it could have issues even before it fell apart.

Secondly, to activate one of the "outs" requires hitting a "sweet spot" that could be finicky. You only receive feedback if you hit that spot or not once you shake the box. It would be sort of awkward to shake the box and not hear the prediction rattling inside, which would mean you missed the sweet spot.

This is an interesting effect, but for the price I'd have to say I'd expect a bit better quality control.

Oh dear. Where are these being made? Please don't tell me China? How can you pay so much for a card box box that doesn't work?
Smile
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1377 Posts

The box works. It's the external gimmick that had a loose component that had to be stuck again. An easy fix. This is an isolated case of something coming unstuck in the gimmick.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10395 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It's obviously an incredibly well thought out design, although not something I'd buy as it wouldn't leave my home, therefore a complete waste of money. I'm concerned for others though from what I've read, and I just hope that they are sorted very quickly and not to their own cost. Let's also hope that the gimmick(s) do not fail during performance, or degrade over time.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
924 Posts

Profile of Martino
I have mine and am very happy with it.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
277 Posts

Profile of Martello
Got mine yesterday from Penguin. This is a well made fantastic effect that will have people totally baffled. Yes there are a few minor issues with the already mentioned "problems", but nothing that cannot be remedies with a bit of hot glue or practice. Very worth the money considering the thought and material that went into this. Highly recommended. If I have one minor problem with this, it would be that I wish it were captioned (as I do with most on line videos or DVDs. This is especially true when the presenter has a dialect that renders some words unintelligible for a hearing impaired audience. This of course does not relate to the great magic that one can perform with this box. The bonus effect is also well explained and really quite good. I am completely happy with this and unlike some other highly touted magic that is now available, does what it says it will and more.

Arthur
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
362 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
I received mine yesterday and although I have not had a chance to play with it much I'm pleased with what it can do. I love Michael Daniels Schrodinger's Cat/Dog idea and if I ever get back to the Isle of Mann there will be a few pints going his way. Given time with this no doubt other uses will present themselves.
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
140 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hi guys I have a short question:
I am getting mine tomorrow or Monday. Do I detect the "not working" part right away or what do I have to check?
Thanks
Stefan
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1459 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Good question !
I am being so confused now about this problem...
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1459 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Good question !
I am being so confused now about this problem...
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2017, Argon wrote:
Hi guys I have a short question:
I am getting mine tomorrow or Monday. Do I detect the "not working" part right away or what do I have to check?
Thanks
Stefan

All your answers are on the facebook page dedicated to this effect.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Axman
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Axman
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2017, pegasus wrote:
It's obviously an incredibly well thought out design, although not something I'd buy as it wouldn't leave my home, therefore a complete waste of money. I'm concerned for others though from what I've read, and I just hope that they are sorted very quickly and not to their own cost. Let's also hope that the gimmick(s) do not fail during performance, or degrade over time.

Once again commenting incredibly negatively about something you don't even have. Mine is perfect and even if it did need to be fixed like some are saying then its absolute childsplay to do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (533 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..30..34..38..42..46~47~48 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL