The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (533 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37..46~47~48 [Next]
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1554 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
A standard size business card folded in half works.

Mike
Magic NAO
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Magic NAO
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, MagicMan1957 wrote:
Sorry if this has already been answered in this long thread.

Instead of written predictions can regular sized playing cards be used in the box as the prediction?

Thank you

No on this as they will be too thick . May get away with Phoenix double deckers regards Tarik 😊

I am slightly confused as a torn card piece is as thick as a complete card. A folded card is even thicker. So is this about size or thickness?

Sidenote: I ordered my Gift beginning of February and I am still waiting for delivery, so I can't check.
Fligmupple
View Profile
New user
This account will expire in
83 Posts

Profile of Fligmupple
I believe Tarik assumed you meant a folded normal playing card. You mean an unfolded one, right? If so, it's certainly ok in thickness, but the size might be too large to fit where predictions go. (I can't check the size right now since I'm not at home)
Magic NAO
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Magic NAO
Oh, great, now I understand. I was indeed thinking of an unfolded complete poker size playing card. Many thanks for clarifying.
mjanes
View Profile
New user
Gig Harbor, WA
66 Posts

Profile of mjanes
I have recently purchased X-act and Grail, recommended by others in this thread, as both appeal to me apart from The Gift. They have not yet arrived, so I'm not yet fully clear on their workings, but based on the trailers and commentary I can only expect that both of them fulfill the function of F#$*e decks, each in its own disguised way. What puzzles me is why any of us would need something as ingenious and elegant as The Gift in conjunction with a F#$*e deck. Why not just use an envelope, or some other less extraordinary box? If I'm missing something, surely it will become clear when deliveries arrive later this week and I have time to more clearly understand. In any case, Angelo's extraordinary "gift" to us has innumerable other applications waiting to be enacted.
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Whilst, I see some fantastic things written about this, and am still in two minds after reading some of the comments whether to wait for more reviews or not...one thing bugs me....

Why is a gold cardboard box 25 quid more expensive than a black one?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6198 Posts

Profile of videoman
The gold box is a limited edition.
Whether that is worth it or makes sense to you doesn't matter, it's a free market and people can price items as they wish.
Consumers will decide if it is worth it with their buying choices.
Just gauging by the FB group it seems the gold is selling pretty well. If you think this is going to be a worker for you and you really prefer the gold then the price difference isn't really a big factor IMO. Although if you take your time and are careful you could conceivably recover the box in any color or pattern you prefer, if you don't mind going to the extra time and trouble. Again, it's your choice.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Although you can use a thin playing card folded into quarters, it is best to use something like the folder paper which is much bigger in mass in relation to the size of the box.

I posted this on Facebook.

That's what I'm using. The cards practically jump out of the box.

But, they do get creased and not as springy after a while.

Robert
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, Michael Daniels wrote:
A standard size business card folded in half works.

Mike

I posted this on Facebook.

The cards practically jump out of the box.

But, they do get creased after a while, so I'm not sure this the answer. But, it works for me.

Robert
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
What I was referring to was using business card stock. Or, business cards re: Michael Daniels' post.

Robert
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1393 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
I've always been a fan of Free Will trick by Corbuzier, just never liked the props. For a while I had the prediction in a Z-fold/himber wallet, so I could let other people draw a note that was different (as an extra convincer). Then I performed free will with a card, a coin and a pen.

The gift gives me new options for this effect. I can now write a very specific note and give people a totally free choice of which of the 3 objects to put in the pocket.........

Just one way of using the gift for other purposes than cards.

Card predictions are also easily covered with "the grail", "Bang on", "The Lynx wallet" and other great effects.

I am still waiting to get my hands on the Gift, and hope it will arrive very soon.

Have fun

Jan
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1136 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2017, Vraagaard wrote:

...I am still waiting to get my hands on the Gift, and hope it will arrive very soon.

Jan

As am I! Ordered mine the beginning of last month. Delivery to my dealer (Magic and Such) has been delayed twice
Smile ,and it's now not due until the end of this month!! Almost two months...this is, excluding pre-orders, the L O N G E S T that I've ever waited for an effect to be delivered.
mjanes
View Profile
New user
Gig Harbor, WA
66 Posts

Profile of mjanes
Today my dealer (Penguin) advises ETA March 22 --- that's their date of receipt there. Then turnaround to ship. Preorders filled first. "If you have been on the list for a month you are likely near the top of the shipping list." Long wait. But worth it. It's a lovely effect. Nobody could have foretold the popularity and demand.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1136 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2017, mjanes wrote:
...Long wait. But worth it.

I certainly hope so!
Smile
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2017, videoman wrote:
The gold box is a limited edition.
Whether that is worth it or makes sense to you doesn't matter, it's a free market and people can price items as they wish.
Consumers will decide if it is worth it with their buying choices.
Just gauging by the FB group it seems the gold is selling pretty well. If you think this is going to be a worker for you and you really prefer the gold then the price difference isn't really a big factor IMO. Although if you take your time and are careful you could conceivably recover the box in any color or pattern you prefer, if you don't mind going to the extra time and trouble. Again, it's your choice.

On the contrary, my opinion does indeed matter. It matters in so far as it helps me decide what to buy. Not for one second did I imply he could not price thing as he wished.

I asked the question in case the colour was the minor detail and there were other things making it limited. After speaking to some of my regular suppliers today, I have taken the plunge and ordered the black one. I think it looks better.
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
By the way propdog have these in stock. Mine will be with me tomorrow.
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, Magic NAO wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, MagicMan1957 wrote:
Sorry if this has already been answered in this long thread.

Instead of written predictions can regular sized playing cards be used in the box as the prediction?

Thank you

No on this as they will be too thick . May get away with Phoenix double deckers regards Tarik 😊

I am slightly confused as a torn card piece is as thick as a complete card. A folded card is even thicker. So is this about size or thickness?

Sidenote: I ordered my Gift beginning of February and I am still waiting for delivery, so I can't check.

Just to note, the issue for me is actually both the thickness and the size. I can't say too much here, but if I use a something as thick as a playing card and it is so large that it goes to the edges of the gimmicked part of the box, then one can actually see how the box works (or at least my friend who inspected the box for about 10 secs did).
Magic NAO
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Magic NAO
So could someone please check whether or not a complete untorn and unfolded poker size playing card will work?
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1554 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, Magic NAO wrote:
So could someone please check whether or not a complete untorn and unfolded poker size playing card will work?

No, it won't.

Mike
Magic NAO
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Magic NAO
Ok, many thanks for replying so quickly!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (533 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37..46~47~48 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL