The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..41~42~43~44~45~46~47~48 [Next]
Dannyflek
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Dannyflek
Yes to point one , no to point two regards Danny Smile
Mago Axel
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Mago Axel
Congratulation, Thanks for this GIFT
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
Just got mine today from hocus-pocus. Works flawlessly. Amazing effect! Congrats on being picked for last year's top effect.
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
I put in a request for the facebook group last week and have messenger on my phone (check regularly), but haven't been admitted to the group yet. Anyone help?
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
837 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I have sent Angelo a message. He is a good guy. Won't be long now.

Joe Mckay
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2019, Bob_Hummer wrote:
I have sent Angelo a message. He is a good guy. Won't be long now.

Joe Mckay

Oh, great. Thanks, Joe!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2019, skoldpadda wrote:
I put in a request for the facebook group last week and have messenger on my phone (check regularly), but haven't been admitted to the group yet. Anyone help?

Hi what is the name on Facebook you are trying to join under? I have over 100 requests to join from members who haven't replied or seen my message back to them.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
skoldpadda
View Profile
New user
Indiana
70 Posts

Profile of skoldpadda
Thanks, Angelo! Request accepted within 5 minutes of sending photo receipt in messenger this morning! Really enjoying what I've read in the fb group so far. Some really great ideas for expanding a routine.
Oil&Water
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Oil&Water
This is a great effect and finally I have found away to use it in my close up set regularly.
Before it was for special tables as was hard to transport table hopping but where there’s a will there’s a way.
As I wanted a cube routine as well I have now made it work for both.
I have even incorporated the brilliant numbered routine by Astor into the gift,
although I also use x act rather than the basic all day long Koran. Olly
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
I just purchased this and am waiting for its delivery. I do have a few questions, however, as I'm waiting:

1. Would four folded cards as "predictions" work with this? Would it be better to use four thin cards (as in "Phil" or Phoenix)?
Note: the "Off By One" equivoque used in certain card prediction effects would expand your card options to 12. That way you could throw away the Koran Deck (or Magician's Dream Deck or 5 Star Prediction Deck or 101 Deck, or whatever you want to call it) and just use equivoque with a make believe deck.

2. If you are able to have a large object inside the box without obstructing the mechanism, why couldn't that large object spit out even more alternative predictions? Any ideas?

3. What are the best ways to have each of the four predictions be multiple outs themselves? (You know, like ambigrams or multiple ways of making invisible ink appear, etc.) This would give you vastly more outs.

4. Are any of the above addressed in the FB group?

Thanks,
DK
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Thanks DK. Your answers are below...

Quote:
On Mar 23, 2019, Dark Knight wrote:

I just purchased this and am waiting for its delivery. I do have a few questions, however, as I'm waiting:

1. Would four folded cards as "predictions" work with this? Would it be better to use four thin cards (as in "Phil" or Phoenix)?
Note: the "Off By One" equivoque used in certain card prediction effects would expand your card options to 12. That way you could throw away the Koran Deck (or Magician's Dream Deck or 5 Star Prediction Deck or 101 Deck, or whatever you want to call it) and just use equivoque with a make believe deck.

I would say even the thin cards would be too thick once folded. You could still use the off by one principle but on handwritten prediction papers in the box.

Quote:
2. If you are able to have a large object inside the box without obstructing the mechanism, why couldn't that large object spit out even more alternative predictions? Any ideas?

Yes you can indeed. I show a video in the dedicated Gift Facebook group just how to do this. I show how to have a bag of chocolate coins be in the box and the prediction be UNDER the bag of coins. This makes the effect even more deceptive as how on earth could you have snuck a prediction under a heavy item? It had to be there all the time.

Quote:
3. What are the best ways to have each of the four predictions be multiple outs themselves? (You know, like ambigrams or multiple ways of making invisible ink appear, etc.) This would give you vastly more outs.

I had thought of this but it may mean you have to handle the paper prediction the correct way as opposed to let the spectator remove the prediction and thus you are hands off. A compromise.

Quote:
4. Are any of the above addressed in the FB group?

Number 2 certainly is. You can ask for help and advice in the group for the rest of your questions.

Quote:
Thanks,
DK
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
Thank you, Angelo, for your very helpful answers. I look forward to working with your wonderful invention!

DK

P.S. As to my question Number 2, I meant using that large object in the box as an additional out for a fifth prediction (and maybe even more). As a simple example, using your bag of choc coins idea, once the "coins" are dumped out, they are lined up and spell out the fifth prediction. In other words, you would never have to activate the box to generate any of the four predictions: the spectator would just open the box and the correct (fifth) prediction would come from the large object. Another example: the object in the box is a pencil. The fifth prediction is written on the side of the pencil where the "No. 2" normally is. If the fifth prediction is not needed, then one of the four predictions makes its appearance along with the irrelevant pencil (perhaps made relevant by the spirit writer of the prediction!). Etc., etc.
bretti_bln
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of bretti_bln
Cool: Timon Krause with four boxes:
https://youtu.be/p9LudxH8Oro
Nice idea for three spectator...
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Quote:
On Aug 2, 2020, bretti_bln wrote:
Cool: Timon Krause with four boxes:
https://youtu.be/p9LudxH8Oro
Nice idea for three spectator...

That's great! Thanks for sharing. I would never have known about it. Good to see it's still being used.
JackThomson
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of JackThomson
Quick question...

Is it possible to give the box to a member of the audience sitting in the front row to hold at the beginning of the routine. Then, an effect involving choices would be performed with a volunteer on stage, the box would then be retrieved from the front row audience member and given to the participant on stage to open and find the prediction?

I.e. I guess what I'm asking is does the box have to be in a static position (on a table etc.) before the out is selected or can it be freely handled?

Would this work?
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2020, JackThomson wrote:
Quick question...

Is it possible to give the box to a member of the audience sitting in the front row to hold at the beginning of the routine. Then, an effect involving choices would be performed with a volunteer on stage, the box would then be retrieved from the front row audience member and given to the participant on stage to open and find the prediction?

I.e. I guess what I'm asking is does the box have to be in a static position (on a table etc.) before the out is selected or can it be freely handled?

Would this work?

This is possible as long as the magician is the one who retrieves the box.
...forever curious
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes Jack definitely possible , regards Gaz 😊
JackThomson
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of JackThomson
Thanks - That is fantastic to hear!
dunraven
View Profile
Regular user
Austin, TX
123 Posts

Profile of dunraven
Yes, this is how I perform it. For birthday shows I have a parent hold it while I go through the selection process with one of the kids. I then retrieve the box and have the kid open it and read the prediction. It's a great effect.
gotgot
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of gotgot
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2020, dunraven wrote:
Yes, this is how I perform it. For birthday shows I have a parent hold it while I go through the selection process with one of the kids. I then retrieve the box and have the kid open it and read the prediction. It's a great effect.

nice idea, thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..41~42~43~44~45~46~47~48 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL