The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (549 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..42~43~44~45~46~47~48 [Next]
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Tom ladshaw has one,never used, at a reduced price on his used magic web site if you're looking to add it to your performance...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Angelo,

Will there be more of these in production?
JackThomson
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of JackThomson
I have to add my voice to the crowd who say that this is an incredible product.

I have added this as the climax to my opening routine where the box is being held by a member of the audience from the start and I've wrapped it in a lovely ribbon which not only looks great but also seems to make the box more impenetrable and impossible for the contents to be tampered with. Plus it's a nice moment of drama when the ribbon is untied before the box is opened.

I highly recommend it!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2020, Mac_Stone wrote:
Angelo,

Will there be more of these in production?

I don't know the answer to be honest but I am sure a dealer somewhere will have the odd one in stock.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 20, 2020, JackThomson wrote:
I have to add my voice to the crowd who say that this is an incredible product.

I have added this as the climax to my opening routine where the box is being held by a member of the audience from the start and I've wrapped it in a lovely ribbon which not only looks great but also seems to make the box more impenetrable and impossible for the contents to be tampered with. Plus it's a nice moment of drama when the ribbon is untied before the box is opened.

I highly recommend it!

Thank you! That's lovely to hear. Join the FB group for it. I sent you the link on Messenger.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I find the thumb tip works the best as it’s easier to find the sweet spot the quickest using one Gaz 😊

The PK Ring has the advantage that you don't have to hide anything.
The handling is very simple.

Darko
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
That maybe the case Darko with your PK ring but mine are either not strong enough to operate the gimmicks or all the magnets in the gimmick need their polarity turning around . I don’t want to mess with my box in that way and I don’t wear rings anyway and I have never found one I like for that matter either . Furthermore I wouldn’t want to then keep it on for the rest of my set and keep getting my hand stuck to tables or keep bringing my hand out of my pocket with 3 of 4 UK 10ps stuck to it . Horses for courses but I have found a strong pin point magnet in a thumb tip far more accurate for this effect imho Gaz 😊
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
The Kinetic ring works great on the Gift.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2020, dj wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2020, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I find the thumb tip works the best as it’s easier to find the sweet spot the quickest using one Gaz 😊

The PK Ring has the advantage that you don't have to hide anything.
The handling is very simple.

Darko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxYghH5Lwo&feature=youtu.be

Darko
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
^^^

The handling I have used as well. Never had a problem.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes nice handling Darko it must be my magnets need reversing , Angelo did mention this could happen depending on how they were originally inserted in the construction process . The thing is I am a left handed and I wouldn’t want a PK ring on my left hand as that would be my wedding ring finger . Nevertheless your demo looked great and I may re consider a) reversing my magnets and b) getting married again 😂 . Best wishes to all Gaz 😊 ps if anyone can direct to me to a really nice PK ring that would work well and even better if it doesn’t talk I would be grateful 😊
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
How do you join the FB group for The Gift?
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 22, 2020, MAGIC325 wrote:
How do you join the FB group for The Gift?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/thegiftownersgroup

Then send me a message on Messenger.
JackThomson
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of JackThomson
This is a fantastic idea!! Thanks for the suggestion!

On Nov 18, 2020, bosami wrote:

I have used a PK and thumbtip. However, I found the best way for me is to hide a m@@@@@ inside a bow & 'label' that I have on top of the box, which can then be used accordingly. [/quote]
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2020, JackThomson wrote:
This is a fantastic idea!! Thanks for the suggestion!

On Nov 18, 2020, bosami wrote:

I have used a PK and thumbtip. However, I found the best way for me is to hide a m@@@@@ inside a bow & 'label' that I have on top of the box, which can then be used accordingly.
[/quote]

Yes, I love this method, but I cannot take credit for the idea - I got this from another member of the FB group. Search 'label' in the group search and Jonathan Keyton's post explaining this will come up. It really makes finding the sweet spot effortless. Also - I used a slightly larger, more powerful m@@@@t. Takes all the fuss out of it so you can concentrate on a great reveal.
...forever curious
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
294 Posts

Profile of muffin
Finally picked this up having procrastinated for a long time - I'm very happy with it. I'm going to combine this with the Chest of Nostradamus for which I have been looking for an alternative way to reveal the selected card. Combining the two effects I think creates one of the strongest card at any number effects, with a completely normal deck.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, muffin wrote:
Finally picked this up having procrastinated for a long time - I'm very happy with it. I'm going to combine this with the Chest of Nostradamus for which I have been looking for an alternative way to reveal the selected card. Combining the two effects I think creates one of the strongest card at any number effects, with a completely normal deck.

Hey glad you got this. Would you mind explaining how exactly you will combine this to work with the Nostradamus Chest? Thank you!
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
294 Posts

Profile of muffin
In the conventional Chest of Nostradamus presentation, the prediction is revealed via an envelope within the chest. This is strong but has a few downsides, which I won't go into here.

My thoughts are to use The Gift and your presentation of showing the paper of the "prediction" in advance before closing the box. Once the spectator has selected a number between 1 - 52 ("please commit to a number") as part of the Nostradamus effect, I now know the card and therefore the required out. I would ask the spectator to take the prediction out of The Gift and hold onto it. I would then proceed with the Nostradamus presentation whereby a card is dealt to based on the number they supplied. The prediction is then opened and matches the dealt to card. It would also be possible to use your torn instruction presentation, where the instruction slip is within the chest (different wording would be required) to show it belongs with the matching other half.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 14, 2020, muffin wrote:
In the conventional Chest of Nostradamus presentation, the prediction is revealed via an envelope within the chest. This is strong but has a few downsides, which I won't go into here.....

Thank you for taking the time to write it up. Yes I think it would be nice to incorporate the torn prediction into the effect
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (549 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..42~43~44~45~46~47~48 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL