The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..43~44~45~46~47~48 [Next]
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
230 Posts

Profile of muffin
Finally picked this up having procrastinated for a long time - I'm very happy with it. I'm going to combine this with the Chest of Nostradamus for which I have been looking for an alternative way to reveal the selected card. Combining the two effects I think creates one of the strongest card at any number effects, with a completely normal deck.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, muffin wrote:
Finally picked this up having procrastinated for a long time - I'm very happy with it. I'm going to combine this with the Chest of Nostradamus for which I have been looking for an alternative way to reveal the selected card. Combining the two effects I think creates one of the strongest card at any number effects, with a completely normal deck.

Hey glad you got this. Would you mind explaining how exactly you will combine this to work with the Nostradamus Chest? Thank you!
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
230 Posts

Profile of muffin
In the conventional Chest of Nostradamus presentation, the prediction is revealed via an envelope within the chest. This is strong but has a few downsides, which I won't go into here.

My thoughts are to use The Gift and your presentation of showing the paper of the "prediction" in advance before closing the box. Once the spectator has selected a number between 1 - 52 ("please commit to a number") as part of the Nostradamus effect, I now know the card and therefore the required out. I would ask the spectator to take the prediction out of The Gift and hold onto it. I would then proceed with the Nostradamus presentation whereby a card is dealt to based on the number they supplied. The prediction is then opened and matches the dealt to card. It would also be possible to use your torn instruction presentation, where the instruction slip is within the chest (different wording would be required) to show it belongs with the matching other half.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2020, muffin wrote:
In the conventional Chest of Nostradamus presentation, the prediction is revealed via an envelope within the chest. This is strong but has a few downsides, which I won't go into here.....

Thank you for taking the time to write it up. Yes I think it would be nice to incorporate the torn prediction into the effect
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
storm01
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of storm01
This is a long thread so apologies if it’s already been mentioned before but has anyone else had problems with gimmick?
muffin
View Profile
Loyal user
London
230 Posts

Profile of muffin
I got mine recently, and no, the gimmick has been fine. Did you follow the instructions to break it in, so to speak?
storm01
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of storm01
I think it has something to do with it not being the right size. I need to get another TT and adapt it
alexK
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of alexK
Did anyone know a site where I can still buy "The Gift"? Everywhere I look it's sold out.
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
Alex,

I PM'd you...

ryan
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
The TT that comes with it always gives me a problem. Anyone have any ideas where to get a stronger one that will work 100% of the time? It’s extremely hard to find the sweet spot with the one provided
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I just shoved extra magnets in mine from day one Gaz 😊
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2779 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I just ordered this it was back in stock at Hocus Pocus and I have to admit I've had my eye on this for quite a while so needless to say I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure how the marking system is on it yet or not to let you know what card is where but I will probably just get some initials lettering and just put my name on it using e for one section r for another I and c and that way it will make it easy to know which card is where.

Good magic to all,

Eric
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6091 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
I just ordered this it was back in stock at Hocus Pocus and I have to admit I've had my eye on this for quite a while so needless to say I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure how the marking system is on it yet or not to let you know what card is where but I will probably just get some initials lettering and just put my name on it using e for one section r for another I and c and that way it will make it easy to know which card is where.

Good magic to all,

Eric

There are several creative ways shared in the FB group if you join that. You really only need 1 side marked as a reference. So there are options ranging from a pencil dot to putting a bow on top in a certain way. My box had an almost imperceptible blemish on one side so I just used that. So in my case the mark was included and ready to go straight out of the box. 😃
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2779 Posts

Thank you Videoman. I will definitely look my box over first and see if it has a unnoticeable blemish as well. My thoughts on putting my name on it I would say my wife who's into arts and crafts decorated this gift box with my name on it and inside was a beautiful gift. Something along those lines. Mine should arrive on Monday and I really looking forward to this.

Good magic to all,

Eric
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
344 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
I think that one of the real strengths of this prop is that it looks so normal and unremarkable. I would avoid adding any kind of decoration, as that will just make it look more like a magic prop. The focus should be on the contents, not the box. One idea that occurred to me—but that I haven’t done myself—is adding a tiny dot of hot glue to one of the sides, right at the bottom. That way you could see or feel it.

Evan
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I just do that but with the tiniest dot of tippex or correctional fluid Gaz 😊
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2779 Posts

I'm still pretty undecided on this as far as putting good letters on the box or not. I know it would fly because I've been given gifts in the past where people put my name creatively on it so I will just have to see how the Box looks and see if like has been mentioned if there's not maybe a little Mark on it already. But it's a little odd because with this I can see both sides for those who have decorated their box a little bit with bows at cetera and those who just put a little Mark on it or Little Nick either way it is a fantastic effect.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The bow is a good idea to use to do the work if you don’t like doing it with the supplied gimmick Gaz 😊
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
985 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I thought I recently saw this listed on Hocus-Pocus in the black version.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2779 Posts

Yes it was just listed they are back in stock that is when I decided to buy one but you're right Hocus Pocus has them. I don't know how many they had I believe they said it was limited amount.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..43~44~45~46~47~48 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL