The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (533 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..18..25..32..39..46~47~48 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6010 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think Angelo has thought this through so that it works for everyone which is a wise choice imo . If it was smaller I don't think it would a) function perfectly and b) look like a nice presentation gift box which is the whole premise . I personally don't think this is designed to do at every table group etc it's the piece perhaps you save for the special person etc or the person that booked you as something special ie a gift to them 😊. Well that's the way I plan on using it anyway Tarik 😊
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6199 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
This looks and sounds awesome.

However, the only drawback, and a very real one, is that, the box is too big to carry around in a pocket? Or even jacket? This makes it a little bit unsuitable for working at gigs and walking around!? Where are you going to store it? I'm not a fan of carrying bags, or cases, or even leaving stuff behind the bar, even if you do only want to do this ONCE, you still have nowhwere to keep it? Is nobody thinking like this?

Other than that... spot on.

I like the idea of carrying a Rubik's Cube inside of it assuming one will fit, but seems pretty certain one would. So if you do any cube magic that is a possibility.
Many people have made cube holders that clip on their belt so it would be easy to make one to fit the Gift box. If you have a routine for it that gets great reactions then I think that would be an acceptable solution for most. But for me I would really only do this in a parlor show as I don't do walk-around and only perform casually and almost never wear a coat or jacket as everyday wear.
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Thank you Angelo for releasing this, I preordered immediately.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18808 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Why do so many magicians just assume that every magic trick has to be suitable for a walk around gig?!
I've asked to be banned
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
God knows how some of the U.K. Dealers come up with the selling price

The official exchange rate $75 comes to GBP60:20

Most UK Dealers are selling it well over GBP70 !!
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
155 Posts

Profile of kevg
This looks great...Ive just put my order in with Saturn! It definitely looks big enough to fit a cube + cards so could work well to use in your set if you do cube magic.
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
155 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, JackMagic wrote:

I think VAT + postage needs to be taken into consideration
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2561 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:

The $75 is excluding tax, even in the US they have to add sales tax to the price.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:

The $75 is excluding tax, even in the US they have to add sales tax to the price.

Actually several USA Dealers are offering Free World Wide shipping so ok you might have to wait a little longer but the difference in price is huge !

And if shipping out of US no tax is payable
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1336 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Ooh pricey.

I can understand Angelo not wanting to give too much away but, for me, the number of selections available is key.

It's a cube so common sense says 6 choices.

If it is that then I'm not sure that I couldn't come up with something that allows me to reveal that choice a darn sight cheaper and just as impactful. Invisible deck for instance.

Having said that he does produce some great stuff, Humbug being one of my favourite effects ever. This one does feel a bit "toys for magicians to play with" though.

Might wait for a few reviews.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually several USA Dealers are offering Free World Wide shipping so ok you might have to wait a little longer but the difference in price is huge !

Nope. Import duty, VAT and then a whopping processing charge get added on by the courier when the item arrives in the UK. Often customers get a letter instead of the package.. asks them to recontact them to pay the tax and charges before a new delivery date is given. It's a story I get emailed about all the time.. Smuggling does happen though.
Pugwash
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Pugwash
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you do order from the US for delivery into the UK, keep in mind that HM Revenue and Customs may ask for a 'donation'. If they do, Royal Mail will add a further charge.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Pugwash wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you do order from the US for delivery into the UK, keep in mind that HM Revenue and Customs may ask for a 'donation'. If they do, Royal Mail will add a further charge.

If getting it delivered in UK [from USA] to avoid import duty... just say it's a 'gift'

* OK I know that's only free for a value up to £39 - it was just a bad gag based on the name of this product
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
This looks and sounds awesome.

However, the only drawback, and a very real one, is that, the box is too big to carry around in a pocket? Or even jacket? This makes it a little bit unsuitable for working at gigs and walking around!? Where are you going to store it? I'm not a fan of carrying bags, or cases, or even leaving stuff behind the bar, even if you do only want to do this ONCE, you still have nowhwere to keep it? Is nobody thinking like this?

Other than that... spot on.

We have a perfect solution for this and will upload a bonus page to our website so all those buying from us can have access to the information, the box will then take up no pocket space at all!

Great idea Mark. Get gigantic pockets sewn into your jackets.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
As Luck would have it my mate is on business trip at end of month so I will order from us dealer and get him to take it with him , sorted !

I think this looks great just over priced for the UK Market
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
What price point do you think would be acceptable JackMagic?
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
What price point do you think would be acceptable JackMagic?

I'm going to have a guess at $75
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2615 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I can attest to what Dominic said - we get this a lot from the other end (Since we're shipping things to the UK regularly). Some of the import taxes are really high in some countries. I've seen up to 50% on some packages.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1187 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
My personal opinion is that this is hardly a problem to carry table to table. I remember back in 2000 the first time I saw Mike Close perform in the Houdini Lounge at the Monte Carlo. He strolled table to table with a Dean's Box. Now, that's a big box, but I never thought anything odd about it. I personally for years have strolled cocktail parties carrying Jon Allen's Destination Box to produce a borrowed Ring out of a Party Popper and never thought twice about the size of carrying something around.

Looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on one.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6010 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Nope. Import duty, VAT and then a whopping processing charge get added on by the courier when the item arrives in the UK. Often customers get a letter instead of the package.. asks them to recontact them to pay the tax and charges before a new delivery date is given. It's a story I get emailed about all the time.. Smuggling does happen though.

Never had that Dominic you ask them to send saying it's either a gift which it could well be if you are buying for a magician friend or tell them to value it very low . I have never found one US dealer who hasn't been prepared to do this for me and if not the item has to be signed for and if an additional charge is due you just back it and don't sign for the item . It just won't happen unless you are naive fortunately I am not and always make sure the US dealer abides by my terms and conditions before placing an order state side so you are wrong this . I hope that helps Tarik 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (533 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..18..25..32..39..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL