The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..19..26..33..40..46~47~48 [Next]
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1925 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
What price point do you think would be acceptable JackMagic?

I would say GBP65.00 Max is more than a fair price

As for the Gold one at GBP95 way over the top

Don't know what happend to prop dog as the only one I could find on his site was the expensive gold one!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6102 Posts

Profile of videoman
OK, this looks very nice just trying to wrap my head around what it does exactly.
If I understand correctly it acts as a utility device offering you a certain number of outs, similar to how certain wallets would. Is that correct?
Sorry, but I expected it to be another card in box type of prop which apparently it is not but I'm still not sure if it could be used for that.

The trick in the demo is very clean, however it would seem a waste to use it for that effect as there are already so many versions of that available and most at a far cheaper price. Granted, they may not allow for the spec to open whatever the prediction is in but to the spec looks pretty much the same.

What type of effect are some of you planning on using this for?
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
2 questions:

1/ how many outs ?
2/ can you load other things as cards / paper, such as "bigger" objects (in terms of not being "flat", such as rings, stones, etc...)
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Dominic Reyes wrote:
I'm so impressed with The Gift. All the excitement about it is completely warranted.

MoM will be running a BIG special offer on it when it launches later today, including free worldwide shipping..
Full details will be here from 8pm GMT:
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/the-gift

Hope this helps
Dominic

Hi Dominic....what is your BIG special offer you are doing with this ? I've just been on your site but couldn't see anything, just free shipping
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6102 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, doriancaudal wrote:
2 questions:

1/ how many outs ?
2/ can you load other things as cards / paper, such as "bigger" objects (in terms of not being "flat", such as rings, stones, etc...)

I believe it is limited to just flat items like paper, and is primarily intended for written predictions. But I'm still trying to find out if I am right about that or not.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
In my original version I used a jumbo card folded into quarters as my prediction.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6102 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Angelo Carbone wrote:
In my original version I used a jumbo card folded into quarters as my prediction.

Well that's all well and good, but unfortunately it is impossible to know if you are referring to an "original" routine or a different model of box, or what that means exactly.
Nor does it say how thick or thin the jumbo card was so basically it tells me absolutely nothing.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
939 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Good Evening Angelo

May I commend you on such a wonderful product Angelo if I may I would just like to ask 1 or 2 questions how many outs are possible and what do you recon is the longevity of the box bejng its hard cardboard?
I have tried to send you a PM but unfortunately as I expected it is full

Many thanks
Dr Rob
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I hope it's okay to post this since it's on Vanishing Inc's site, but they reveal the number of outs, so I don't think it's a secret? But it's in the email from them anyway.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1352 Posts

Profile of barts185
So it's not an index - but it is something that will let you select one from a number of pre-determined answers. Okay.

I'm really trying to determine if I missed something, or if they just have a very different idea of what an index is than me.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
939 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Nathan Alexander wrote:
I hope it's okay to post this since it's on Vanishing Inc's site, but they reveal the number of outs, so I don't think it's a secret? But it's in the email from them anyway.

Thank you Nathan.

Regards
Dr Rob
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:

unless ive missed it in the ad copy but it states 'multiple outs' - so rather than people going over to look as its been now public, then how many are there then Nathan?
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1352 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:

I see how many I can reveal, not how many there can be overall.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
445 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:

And given that limited number, it won't be too long until all the ecstatic anticipation posts start to become ones of disappointment with its 'limitations' (especially for those who thought any card could be stopped at!) - a standard pattern of mood change on the Café.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1352 Posts

Profile of barts185
I'm not sure why we are playing some sort of game with not saying the number even though it's been revealed but I'll play along.

So we can reveal up to _____ outs, but how many can there be overall?

And I'd still like to understand why this is not an index.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:

Apologies Nathan for my above post... it does give an indication - for the wonderers of the outs, this is a key statement "You can reveal up to four outs, while the others remained locked away, concealed from audience view"

However I don't quite understand that quotation? Shouldn't it read "There are 4 outs possible, with one prediction being displayed whilst the others are locked away, concealed from audience view"?
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
445 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
Quote:

unless ive missed it in the ad copy but it states 'multiple outs' - so rather than people going over to look as its been now public, then how many are there then Nathan?

The number is stated on Vanshing's description of Thee Gift.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
But if you buy the GOLD one you get more outs don't you?
oh, no you don't.
drat.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Drtriage wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
Quote:

The number is stated on Vanshing's description of Thee Gift.

Yeah, which ive just mentioned above.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I was probably overly-cautious in guiding people to the site. But I'm sure the ad-copy is approved and not revealing too much. Being magicians, it'll get hammered to death and people may over-think it. I suspect if people like the demo, they'll like the product, myself personally. (But hey, I just got a hideout v2 wallet, so I can't get any more toys for a while!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..19..26..33..40..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL