The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (533 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..20..26..32..38..44..46~47~48 [Next]
Andrew Davis
View Profile
Regular user
Longmont, CO
120 Posts

Profile of Andrew Davis
Late to the party on this one - but we are ordering as many of these as we can.

Have to agree with some of the other statements of those that know the method - this is AWESOME.
This is as clean as it gets and truly looks like real magic.

http://www.magicandsuch.com/woocommerce-......er/p_sku
We are shipping Monday, the same as others - Free shipping in the U.S. (Free shipping on the Gold box worldwide)

Cannot wait until these get out to the Magic Community to see what you guys do with them. Exciting project, for sure.
Well done, Angelo!

-Andrew
Owner, Magic and Such - http://www.MagicAndSuch.com
Check out our monthly special exclusively for Cafe Members!
http://www.MagicAndSuch.com/Magic-Cafe-Members/
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1353 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Hello all.

Just to clarify a few things...

The box can be used to reveal up to a maximum of four predictions. Of course only one is used in the card trick in the demo. It can be used with any flat paper objects, so if you have another routine in mind, this box can work in conjunction with it.

Sorry, but that doesn't really clarify anything.

I know it's been said by some people, and maybe they have some inside knowledge, but it would help if you would just fill in the blanks.

There are a maximum of ______ outs, of which ____ outs can be revealed at the same time.

Now maybe the number that goes in both of those blank spaces is 4, but it would help if that was actually said in a straightforward manner.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Angelo, thanks for providing some information and answering questions. I just placed my order at Penguin Magic.
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
714 Posts

Profile of Bill08
I wouldn't worry about laypeople looking to these forums for clues. It's not in the nature of people who enjoy watching the occasional trick to go online and read dozens of pages to try and figure out something. Those who have read the last 7 pages have more than a passing interest in magic. And even if a few people get a little more info than they should, keep in mind that the real magic comes from the quality of the performance - the engagement and the experience - not the secret.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4145 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Very nice. Some time ago, I built a wooden lock box that does something similar, but it has 8 outs. I will tell you that it was NOT easy to make.

This looks like a real gem, and the price seems really good.

One suggestion for you that I have used with my box: Go to your local craft shop and get one of those fancy corner punches. On your computer, type a page with four fortune cookie style quotes in large font. Underneath each one, in really small font, type something like "Your lucky card is ...". If you desire, you can print your information on the back. I would suggest that if you do this, print it in very light color font, so it almost looks like a watermark. Print the page and cut it into four squares. Use the fancy corner punch to make them look nicer.

Your participants are way more likely to keep it and talk about it later.

kj
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, barts185 wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Hello all.

Just to clarify a few things...

The box can be used to reveal up to a maximum of four predictions. Of course only one is used in the card trick in the demo. It can be used with any flat paper objects, so if you have another routine in mind, this box can work in conjunction with it.

Sorry, but that doesn't really clarify anything.

I know it's been said by some people, and maybe they have some inside knowledge, but it would help if you would just fill in the blanks.

There are a maximum of ______ outs, of which ____ outs can be revealed at the same time.

Now maybe the number that goes in both of those blank spaces is 4, but it would help if that was actually said in a straightforward manner.

Why would you want to reveal any more than 1 of the outs [?]

If you reveal them all - then they are not outs
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Dominic Reyes wrote:
I'm so impressed with The Gift. All the excitement about it is completely warranted.

MoM will be running a BIG special offer on it when it launches later today, including free worldwide shipping..
Full details will be here from 8pm GMT:
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/the-gift

Hope this helps
Dominic

I guess there never was any special offer [unless being slightly more expensive than other places counts as a special offer?]

Also note you have two other listings, on your website, for 'the gift' [at slighly higher - than your own - prices] that say 'sold out'
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
417 Posts

Profile of Bande
Holy Moly MB is you are decent-at-best I am doomed. Smile Love your coin work and aspire to getting even close to what you do. Back to thread -- I agree I think Gift looks lovely and not turned off by # of outs greatly appreciate the honesty in telling us what it is so we know what we buy.

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Mb217 wrote:
I'm a perhaps decent-at-best coin guy, but I do recognize magic when I see it, and this is quite magical. I love the simplicity of it, the fact that it seems self contained with little effort to make the magic happen. I love the aspect of the cards in the box as it lures the specs in and sends some subliminal messages while they remove it. Love that it's not just a trick done with cards, but that it can involve a lot of different predictions. I like the fact that it comes from the mind of a proven thinker in magic. I think I remember Angelo from his Tenyo(?) creations, and anyone that thinks like that is indeed coming up with this stuff from a another level, and so already I know it is ingenious. Plus it's a darn good closeup trick for a coin guy, heck, for anybody. Smile

I think his work(s) speak for itself, and I expect this to become another one of his elite classics.

Good job Angelo! Smile
GusGarcia
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of GusGarcia
Vanishing Inc was the first to send me an email. Order placed. Can't wait to get this.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1377 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I have set up a Facebook group for owners ONLY to discuss, brainstorm and share ideas and routines for The Gift. More details next week when people start to get their gifts Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1377 Posts

Here are what some pros think about The Gift...

https://youtu.be/8SgNfgGEzRk
PaulW
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of PaulW
Can't wait to see a review.....
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
I'm so impressed with The Gift. All the excitement about it is completely warranted.

MoM will be running a BIG special offer on it when it launches later today, including free worldwide shipping..
Full details will be here from 8pm GMT:
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/the-gift

Hope this helps
Dominic

I guess there never was any special offer [unless being slightly more expensive than other places counts as a special offer?]

Also note you have two other listings, on your website, for 'the gift' [at slighly higher - than your own - prices] that say 'sold out'

Typical Dealer Hype !
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
The " free shipping " always makes me smile,so how much cheaper are they if we turn up at the store ?
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Special user
998 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, wanderwizard wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, JackMagic wrote:
God knows how some of the U.K. Dealers come up with the selling price

The official exchange rate $75 comes to GBP60:20

Most UK Dealers are selling it well over GBP70 !!

The $75 is excluding tax, even in the US they have to add sales tax to the price.

Actually several USA Dealers are offering Free World Wide shipping so ok you might have to wait a little longer but the difference in price is huge !

And if shipping out of US no tax is payable

Nope. Import duty, VAT and then a whopping processing charge get added on by the courier when the item arrives in the UK. Often customers get a letter instead of the package.. asks them to recontact them to pay the tax and charges before a new delivery date is given. It's a story I get emailed about all the time.. Smuggling does happen though.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Just a Heads up for anyone who is going to Blackpool

I have found out you can order from US Dealer and pay the US Price and Pick up at Blackpool and only pay the USD75.00 / GBP60.20 and collect from the stand so no customs to worry about go to Vanishing inc USA website order and then select collect from Blackpool at check out

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3189 Posts

Profile of tophatter
One Question what If the spectator Shuffles the deck then deals will this create a problem ? I know you instruct the spectator to deal the cards but what If they shuffle and deal ?
Thanks.
Jeffrey
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
I don't think it could be Shuffled by spectator
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, tophatter wrote:
One Question what If the spectator Shuffles the deck then deals will this create a problem ? I know you instruct the spectator to deal the cards but what If they shuffle and deal ?
Thanks.
Jeffrey
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1984 Posts

Profile of Daren
A simple false overhand shuffle does it, but to be honest I don't think you need to, the effect is so fair and clear the spectators don't stand a chance
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Wow all the hype and it seems every dealer is looking to sell this
Not to difficult to work out how this works and I am sure that the box is very well constructed which probably reflects the price
Which in my opinion is very high
However which dealer to buy from ???
Easy Merchant of Magic with his special offer which is?
Yes (The most expensive of all dealers)
Why pay less than that
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1377 Posts

The Facebook Group to discuss ideas and routines and to brainstorm is http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGiftOwnersGroup

Please note it is ONLY for owners so you will need to message me either on here, messenger or email with proof. Either a receipt, order summary or photo of the product once you receive it. Your request will be ignored if you don't provide proof.

Also it is VERY quiet in the group as no one physically owns one yet and had a chance to break it in and use it.

Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (533 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..20..26..32..38..44..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL