The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..24..30..36..42..46~47~48 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yeah but he gives free haribos lol
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, illusioneer wrote:
Almost two pages (mostly) dedicated to a "big offer" that affects only a specific group of you.

If you want the trick - buy it if you can afford it. If you can't....don't buy it. Simple.

Can we get back on topic please?

Sorry on behalf of these guys illusioneer, it's just the same small group of the usual trolls that clog up the threads here, so I've not bothered feeding them.
We sold out of the first batch within a few minutes of it going live, hense that link going dead quicker than we would have liked. We kept the free worldwide shipping running though

Really looking forward to getting these in. I've a black one reserved for myself.. I'll be using this.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Also MOM offer a return policy so unlike Prop Dogs , which is a MOM version that is a credit note basically so you have to buy something else where as Dave and Dan at Prop Dog states on this thread as always that if you no likey then no quibble full cash refund . I am sure Mark at Saturn magic does the same too 😊
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, LankyHobo wrote:
He didn't back out of anything. The offer was for last night as he stated in his post last night. As for prices compared to other dealers, they all seem to be about the same when you consider that MoM has free first class delivery included.

I ordered from MoM and was charged £9,99 for shipping, so the shipping isn't included.
Best wishes,
Peter
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Also MOM offer a return policy so unlike Prop Dogs , which is a MOM version that is a credit note basically so you have to buy something else where as Dave and Dan at Prop Dog states on this thread as always that if you no likey then no quibble full cash refund . I am sure Mark at Saturn magic does the same too 😊

Hi Tarik
Just to clarify, as that's a touch misleading. MoM also offer a full cash refund just like the other sellers, however they ALSO offer an extra service on top of that which allows you to return for something else up to a full YEAR after purchase.

Hope that clears up your confusion

Best wishes as always
Dominic
Peter Gröning
View Profile
Regular user
Stockholm, Sweden
166 Posts

Profile of Peter Gröning
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, Dominic Reyes wrote:
We kept the free worldwide shipping running though

Hi Dominic,
I ordered mine yesterday and I was charged £9,99 for shipping.
Or, perhaps I misunderstood something?
Best wishes,
Peter
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
it's just the same small group of the usual trolls that clog up the threads here, so I've not bothered feeding them.

What?????

You said you had a special offer

Did you not????

Then you didn't have any special offer

You were in fact more expensive

It's not about us [or me] being a troll

I buy a load of magic, and you have on purpose put a misleading statement up, then ignored our questions not because we are trolls, but because you lied

It really is that simple

But it's all cool, you don't care that I will never buy from your shop, and will advise others not to

All you had to say it, 'whoops, I got carried away, sorry'

It's not about trolls

It's about honesty [or not admitting to a mistake]
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi Peter

Thanks for your order! You're going to love using this!

John checked your order and you were offered free shipping at the checkout, but picked the upgrade to the faster Express Courier. Drop the shop an email at support@magicshop.co.uk if you would prefer the free shipping option, and they will refund that upgrade fee for you.

Best wishes as always

Dominic
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Really so you have got inline with everyone else Dominic glad to hear it at last as I remember only last year it took me forever to get a refund so glad you have got update with 2017 and everyone else . The archaic principle you are buying the secret nonsense . Most of us do this as a job and certainly know the methods completely or a way to achieve it so are fully entitled to ask the method privately in a pm and then return it if not happy like any other item you buy in a shop in any other walk of life . I may spend £100 or £3000 at Blackpool but trust me I will know exactly what I am buying and whether it suits me before I purchase it and I have never found one dealer who will not tell me so it is ridiculous anyone who adopts this attitude . I am glad you have changed your tune on this . Even better if you also offer the bonus of working it for a year and you then find it doesn't quite fit your set you can exchange it then , well that plus a full refund after say 30 days from initial purchase with no quibble is a quality offer . Can you confirm this on this Café thread ? If so you will get a lot of extra business I am certain of it and all power to you as that is a fantastic offer which to be fair you did promise something special and that will take some beating best wishes Tarik 😊
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
He didn't say you could use it / work it for a year, just you have a 365 day return window, the item must be in as sold condition, its not free rental!!!
https://www.magicshop.co.uk/magic-shop-365-day-return-policy
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Alakazam still adopt this 'buying the secret' so no return unless faulty terms as well.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Well it's a rubbish policy then they certainly wouldn't apply it to me as I would just ask them first if I was unsure before buying or use Paypal and bring up a dispute and deal with it that way and get my monies back , but then I know what I am buying as I always ask the relevant questions first unless misadvertised which MOM eventually fully refunded me anyway last year after a bit of twoing and throwing so I personslly wouldn't put up with anything less . Good magic to all Tarik 😊 Back on topic buy this you won't be dissapointed that's for sure !
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1955 Posts

Profile of Platt
This looks great. Jealous I didn't think of it myself. I'm not sure I understand the rationale of the noise (which doesn't seem to sound like a small piece of paper) when shaking the box, but otherwise perfect. Any word on how examinable this is? Congrats Angelo on what I'm sure is another winner.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, FJR wrote:
I now have the perfect thing to put in my 'Lubor's Gift'...or will have in a few days, when this arrives.
A self-contained box of wonders to take out at the right moments.

Best,
Francis

That's a nice idea Francis. A box of tricks inside a trick box.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, Platt wrote:
This looks great. Jealous I didn't think of it myself. I'm not sure I understand the rationale of the noise (which doesn't seem to sound like a small piece of paper) when shaking the box, but otherwise perfect. Any word on how examinable this is? Congrats Angelo on what I'm sure is another winner.

Hey thanks. Believe it or not the rattling sound you hear IS made by the folded paper prediction. I know it's hard to believe but it is. You shall be pleased to know you don't need to shake it as hard as Titanas did. He is a big man with manly grip 😁 You can give it a much softer, gentler shake too!

Whenever I myself have performed it to 'laypeople' they have never examined the box as they can see it is empty when they removed the paper and by handling the box. However should they want too, it can hold up to great examination. Everything is securely locked afterwards.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1955 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, Platt wrote:

Hey thanks. Believe it or not the rattling sound you hear IS made by the folded paper prediction. I know it's hard to believe but it is. You shall be pleased to know you don't need to shake it as hard as Titanas did. He is a big man with manly grip 😁 You can give it a much softer, gentler shake too!

Whenever I myself have performed it to 'laypeople' they have never examined the box as they can see it is empty when they removed the paper and by handling the box. However should they want too, it can hold up to great examination. Everything is securely locked afterwards.

Very impressive. There's only one man who could top the creativity and design of Angelo Carbone's Prison Box...
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes I agree this looks great up close and completely innocent and examinable with the added bonus of the spectators handling which also reinforces all this . I have recently being using my XAct Mike Kirby and Where In The World Mark Mason more so based on the same concept . I have also from buying these both and using these come up with a method for just 4 scenarios in Where In The World and I think you have to hit one of them with any date named so the cards are every 10 therefore with 4 options no country is ever seen twice so may work great with this regards Tarik 😊
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5905 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:

I have also from buying these both and using these come up with a method for just 4 scenarios in Where In The World and I think you have to hit one of them with any date named so the cards are every 10 therefore with 4 options no country is ever seen twice so may work great with this regards Tarik 😊

Tarik, this is a fantastic idea. By combining the 'Where In The World' principle (i.e. by using YOUR modified method) along with 'The Gift', one can have two wonderful effects playing at the same time. This will also eliminate the need of a special deck needed for 'The Gift'. With this idea, one can achieve so much more - i.e. one can now have various permutations and combinations for the final outcome. Also one can easily repeat the trick. Great thinking. Thank you for sharing.

Smile

@ Angelo Carbone: You might like to give Tarik Flash's idea a thought.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you for your kind words Narendra it's much appreciated and especially coming from such a creative helping man like yourself . Very best wishes Tarik 😊
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Special user
998 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
it's just the same small group of the usual trolls that clog up the threads here, so I've not bothered feeding them.

What?????

You said you had a special offer

Did you not????

Then you didn't have any special offer

You were in fact more expensive

It's not about us [or me] being a troll

I buy a load of magic, and you have on purpose put a misleading statement up, then ignored our questions not because we are trolls, but because you lied

It really is that simple

But it's all cool, you don't care that I will never buy from your shop, and will advise others not to

All you had to say it, 'whoops, I got carried away, sorry'

It's not about trolls

It's about honesty [or not admitting to a mistake]

In This instant, I have to agree, I am also on MOM Mailing List and never got any email about the Big Offer

Looking at the Prices available

MOM = GBP71.99
ALAKAZAM = GBP71.00
PROPDOG GBP69.99
SATURN = GBP69.18

VANISHING INC GBP60.20* IF Ordered on Line and Collected in Blackpool

We all mistakes so instead of letting this thread go out of control, Dominic could have said sorry we have sold out so we will not be offering the Big Offer, and that would have been the end of the matter, People like to see transparency when in business especially when you are paying a high price for a prop
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..24..30..36..42..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL