The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..25..30..35..40..45..46~47~48 [Next]
Wabojeg
View Profile
New user
Ann Arbor
79 Posts

Profile of Wabojeg
I hope this question hasn't been covered already on the 12 pages of comments already. My eyes were starting to glaze over. I have no interest in any disclosure, I just want to get a feel for the material that the box is made of. I would think it is cardboard, like a standard gift box. The grid on the inside for some reason looks like plastic? Maybe just an optical illusion, but does someone know if this is all cardboard or if there is also plastic. Again, if there are inner workings that are not seen, what they are made of is none of my business.

Thank you for any wisdom you can share,

Kevin
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, Wabojeg wrote:
I hope this question hasn't been covered already on the 12 pages of comments already. My eyes were starting to glaze over. I have no interest in any disclosure, I just want to get a feel for the material that the box is made of. I would think it is cardboard, like a standard gift box. The grid on the inside for some reason looks like plastic? Maybe just an optical illusion, but does someone know if this is all cardboard or if there is also plastic. Again, if there are inner workings that are not seen, what they are made of is none of my business.

Thank you for any wisdom you can share,

Kevin

It's mentioned on the first page 😉
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2017, AceFace wrote:
My order is in...so excited by this. Will be great for performing cataclysm. This really is a box of tricks

Great idea... Thanks...
nicpicot
View Profile
New user
uk
20 Posts

Profile of nicpicot
Just use a himber wallet with the dbl facers a la koran miracle trick.

Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, Cameron Francis wrote:
Not necessarily... Think Dani Da Ortiz. if you have the cards you need in the right positions, and time your words, they will stop on one of the four. Most likely, they will stop on a certain number every time. Nice thing about four outs is that there is leeway.

It's quite easy to use ANY deck of cards with The Gift, just use your regular deck and your favorite force.. the 4 make even a classic force easy for a beginner.

Hope this helps
Dominic
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1126 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, nicpicot wrote:
Just use a himber wallet with the dbl facers a la koran miracle trick.

Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Quote:
Not necessarily... Think Dani Da Ortiz. if you have the cards you need in the right positions, and time your words, they will stop on one of the four. Most likely, they will stop on a certain number every time. Nice thing about four outs is that there is leeway.

It's quite easy to use ANY deck of cards with The Gift, just use your regular deck and your favorite force.. the 4 make even a classic force easy for a beginner.

Hope this helps
Dominic

I've been using the Koran 5-Star Miracle during strolling gigs for years. It's awesome. But rather than looking at things from the perspective of only carrying a Himber wallet, I am coming at things from the perspective of "synergy." Since I already carry a Himber for the Koran trick, I would be able to use "The Gift" as a special routine in a close up setting. While working a lot of places I set up a table off to the side (School for Scoundrels padded table) to perform certain routines: Dean's Box, Cups and Balls, Matrix, etc. Having "The Gift" would allow me to use the same Koran deck for a special close up routine. This will be a nice addition to my close up material. Bravo Angelo!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:

That is Not the case otherwise there would be no point in having a a box of cards included in the package

Otherwise you could use any cards

Jack, they are including a deck to make life easier. But clearly if there are four outs, one could use a normal deck and do a four card Cl*ssic F*rce or a St*p F*rce if one were so inclined.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Axman
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of Axman
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
Hate to say it.. but I actually agree with Pegasus.

Just cannot see myself carrying a box anywhere with me - I am like the Bionic Man as it is with my close up set embedded into my outfit when I work... I have absolutely no room for a box like this at any of my gigs - well, 95 percent of them anyway. Where are you gonna store it? Beyond the bar?

This might be an amazing trick, but it is not an amazing close up worker.

The only place I can really imagine performing this is in my own home, or round the neighbours house. I experienced the same problem with The Movie, a great trick but... if it can't hide on me it aint going nowhere

Still, I'm sure a lot of you perform gigs at home.... I don't understand what all the fuss is about anyway. You would get exactly the same reaction by using a Svengali deck force and have prediction in an envelope which takes up 1mm of pocket space.

Good luck with it. Sounds like the dealers have made a bomb out of you lot with this.

Can I book you and Pegasus for a party? You are clearly both great performers and very entertaining.
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
449 Posts

Profile of Axel
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, Cameron Francis wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2017, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:

That is Not the case otherwise there would be no point in having a a box of cards included in the package

Otherwise you could use any cards

Jack, they are including a deck to make life easier. But clearly if there are four outs, one could use a normal deck and do a four card Cl*ssic F*rce or a St*p F*rce if one were so inclined.

The question then arises as to why use 4 outs at all?
Doesn't it?
Sari Atassi
View Profile
New user
Syria
50 Posts

Profile of Sari Atassi
Let's say you bring the box out,

Inside it there are the following objects:
1-100 dollar bill
2-A love letter
3-A key
4-A sealed envelope

Let your spectator think of an item

Reveal a written prediction with a basic reading for each object, for example:
1-Money simply stands for a straight forward person who knows what they want
2-The love letter stands for a person who is emotional and caring
3-The key stands for a person who loves mystery and is ready to take risk in life
4-I ran out of examples because I'm writing as I'm thinking of this Smile

The point being.. You can't do a clean version of this effect using a force can you?
It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. ~ Mark Twain
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
449 Posts

Profile of Axel
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2017, Sari Atassi wrote:

1-100 dollar bill
2-A love letter
3-A key
4-A sealed envelope

3-The key stands for a person who loves mystery and is ready to take risk in life

The point being.. You can't do a clean version of this effect using a force can you?

Very nice thinking, Sari.
Thank you.
Let's hope the key doesn't rattle Smile
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1550 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
I'm thinking of using the box for a Schrodinger's Cat premise (quantum indeterminacy). In the black box there is an indeterminate animal that is both a cat and a dog. It is also both alive and dead at the same time. According to the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, everything is indeterminate until we actually observe it. The spectator has a free choice of cat or dog, and alive or dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat

I think this justifies both the box and procedure. It also makes the effect repeatable (e.g., walkaround).

Mike
Chanku
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Chanku
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2017, Michael Daniels wrote:
I'm thinking of using the box for a Schrodinger's Cat premise (quantum indeterminacy). In the black box there is an indeterminate animal that is both a cat and a dog. It is also both alive and dead at the same time. According to the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, everything is indeterminate until we actually observe it. The spectator has a free choice of cat or dog, and alive or dead.

I think this justifies both the box and procedure. It also makes the effect repeatable (e.g., walkaround).

Mike

I love it! That's a beautiful presentation! Thank you so much for this gem.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
592 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
WHAT THE? This thing can hold a cat and a dog?

I've changed my mind. I'm gonna order. I'll even sacrifice both arms to carry this thing around with me during walkaround gigs!!!
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
It would be better to discuss methods and ideas in the dedicated facebook group, imho.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:

Mike

That's very good!

Robert
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:

Mike

Michael. Excellent. Please join and share in the Facebook group. This is exactly what the group is for 😄

http://www.facebook.com/groups/thegiftownersgroup
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1550 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Thanks for adding me to the Facebook group Angelo.

Mike
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1069 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2017, Drtriage wrote:

Knowing Merchant of Magic, when they say BIG they won't disappoint.

I feel sorry for those who pre ordered at the higher price.

I'm sure the price won't be cheaper

The BIG offer will be something like £1,000 of MoM 'Gift' vouchers

Or some other tie in

Maybe a free copy of Lubor's Gift by Lubor Fiedler

Or they will send us a stripper who will jump out of a box... hmm my kind of gift... better still if it's going to be Angelo in a mankini

So it's done with a Stripper deck!!!! I knew someone would reveal it on here eventually!!!

I am purchasing mine now, at Magic Warehouse. Looking forward to this!!!!
Being in the Army, I am hoping I can mess this up a bit, and play it as something I found in Afghanistan and have some Afghan money in it, etc. Maybe a story of "treasures" we came across in Iraq.
My mind is going freaking crazy with possibilities! Or even some ancient Korean coins/money.....

OK, need to let the Monster wear off, so I can settle my brain down.
I will join the FB page after purchase and hopefully can focus better on something....

Great job Angelo!! Congrats my friend!

Mike
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1454 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Wow !
What a great idea.
Now I want one.
I prefer this premise than using a deck of cards.
Thanks.
I am in !

Quote:
On Feb 9, 2017, Axel wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2017, Sari Atassi wrote:

1-100 dollar bill
2-A love letter
3-A key
4-A sealed envelope

Very nice thinking, Sari.
Thank you.
Let's hope the key doesn't rattle Smile
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
939 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Has anyone heard of any dealers receiving their stock yet???

Regards
Dr Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..25..30..35..40..45..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL