The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..27..32..37..42..46~47~48 [Next]
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2017, Ray Chelt wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Angelo I will never use Facebook as I hate the concept of it but that's another story . I realise these are bonus ideas which I can get off mutual friends at the magic circle etc . I just don't like that you have to subscribe to something that I am so anti just to get the bonus stuff but like I say there is a work around for me . Infact I have two of the best handlings for this effect in my opinion totally clean any card no repeats one deck so I wouldn't want that over Facebook anyway kind regards Tarik 😊

Well firstly you can set up a closed group on Facebook, as Angelo has done, so the info is restricted to purchasers.

However secondly , and more importantly, I think it's an absolute disgrace that Angelo hasn't built his own social media website that fits in with exactly what you would be happy with. What a selfish individual he is.

Shame on you Angelo, shame on you.

I'm looking at releasing an effect Tarik so could you drop me a note on what colour scheme you'd like on my website, font etc. Also details of any allergies. Thanks.

Maybe Angelo should compile all of the extra bonus ideas onto a VHS video tape for those customers who are uncomfortable with new fangled dvds and downloads. Oh, and pay for the postage to customers too.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
445 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2017, Mexicadian wrote:
Will the download teach how to make the gimmick? If not will it be relatively easy to figure out?

The purchase price is for the 'gimmick' - ie the box (as well as instructions)
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Maybe Angelo should compile all of the extra bonus ideas onto a VHS video tape for those customers who are uncomfortable with new fangled dvds and downloads. Oh, and pay for the postage to customers to

I as I mentioned earlier love DVDs and even written instructions so again I don't get the VHS gag ?
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1135 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2017, Michael Daniels wrote:
I'm thinking of using the box for a Schrodinger's Cat premise (quantum indeterminacy). In the black box there is an indeterminate animal that is both a cat and a dog. It is also both alive and dead at the same time. According to the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, everything is indeterminate until we actually observe it. The spectator has a free choice of cat or dog, and alive or dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat

I think this justifies both the box and procedure. It also makes the effect repeatable (e.g., walkaround).

Mike

Fantastic! Not sure whether I'll use that as my 'go to' routine for this box, but there are certain audiences for which I will definitely use it. Thanks!
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Love the idea of using the box for a Schrodinger's Cat premise, but I think what Angelo pointed out on FB is worth noting.

It's seemingly a one in 52 chance using a deck of cards and only a one in four chance with other objects, etc.

I think I'll probably stick with the original routine using a deck for now.

Robert
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1356 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
In the trailer, the object that is taken from the box is a card box.
That is about 9,1 cm.
It seems that is near the maximium length that the box can hold.
What is the absolute maximum length?

(I want to put an old big key in it)
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2017, Robert M wrote:
Love the idea of using the box for a Schrodinger's Cat premise, but I think what Angelo pointed out on FB is worth noting.

It's seemingly a one in 52 chance using a deck of cards and only a one in four chance with other objects, etc.

I think I'll probably stick with the original routine using a deck for now.

Robert

Yeah I LOVE Mike's idea

I think it's a great presentational idea /routine

But [I'm not on facebook] I did think it feels less 'magic'/wow being just two [four] choices - but I prefer the pemise than it being a 'card trick'

I was thinking of forcing the animal choices

"So we will do Schrodinger's Cat experiment

On each playing card we have two animals that maybe go together, like cats and dogs...

[Flick through some to show all 'different']

I want you to say stop at any time....

Right we have a card with Moose and Goose written on it

You can choose which, and whether it's alive or dead...

Dead Goose you say...

Well lets see what is in Schrodinger's 'BOX'"

Then you reveal - a piece of paper with 'you will pick a Goose and decide that it is dead' from the box

That was how I was going to try and make it seem more impressive

I was also thinking of fo*c**** two seperate animals [not two on each card] - from a deck of 50+ animals
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2017, Waterloophai wrote:
In the trailer, the object that is taken from the box is a card box.
That is about 9,1 cm.
It seems that is near the maximium length that the box can hold.
What is the absolute maximum length?

(I want to put an old big key in it)

I would say exactly the same length as the deck. 9.1cm.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I will be using this for where in the world Mark Mason which is my handling of it which I have modified so no country is seen more than once . This way it's a non card trick and as clean as whistle so I am buying it at Blackpool for that routine . I can also by using the same methodology do a perfect Caan with again no repeats at all and any number freely named between 1/52 inclusive using the same methodology . These are the routines I will use with it , I slightly favour where in the world as it's not another card trick but you won't get it any cleaner for a Caan than with my method as every single card is different all 52 can be dealt face up . This is a wonderful prop Tarik 😊
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2017, The Duster wrote:

But [I'm not on facebook] I did think it feels less 'magic'/wow being just two [four] choices - but I prefer the pemise than it being a 'card trick'

I was thinking of forcing the animal choices

"So we will do Schrodinger's Cat experiment

On each playing card we have two animals that maybe go together, like cats and dogs...

[Flick through some to show all 'different']

I want you to say stop at any time....

Right we have a card with Moose and Goose written on it

You can choose which, and whether it's alive or dead...

Dead Goose you say...

Well lets see what is in Schrodinger's 'BOX'"

Then you reveal - a piece of paper with 'you will pick a Goose and decide that it is dead' from the box

That was how I was going to try and make it seem more impressive

I was also thinking of fo*c**** two seperate animals [not two on each card] - from a deck of 50+ animals

Yes having an apparent choice from many animals as opposed to just two is much stronger. There are many ways to do this either with a trick deck or notepad.

Whenever one wants to use something other than playing cards, think about how you could force the final choice from a larger selection. It will make the trick more impressive. The odds will seem larger.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1129 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
A travel themed routine would also work and you could call the box a gift box that you bought back for your partner etc and it came from a particular country.....
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2017, Al Straker wrote:
A travel themed routine would also work and you could call the box a gift box that you bought back for your partner etc and it came from a particular country.....

Absolutely Al I couldn't agree more and that is my main intention for it . I am making the Caan effect just as an alternative and I know magicians are obsessed with it . I also agree as Angelo has said it must be seen as much more than a 1 in 4 plot and both of my versions make it 1 in 52 or I think the countries I have just made it 1 in 48 as that's all that is needed because there is no need for 52 countries to hit everyday and month of a calendar year . Those who own where in the world will understand this more regards Tarik 😊
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1352 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Yes all understood I guess I am just old fashioned and like you say it's just a bonus anyway . I don't like when you ring a company up generally in life and they say fill in a certain form but you have to download it first or set up a direct debit etc instead of paying by cheque or card etc . It's just I don't like things being forced upon us ie a certain way to conform ie if you have no computer you can't get that form or you have to jump through hoops to get someond else to download it for you etc it's just the way the world is going and not something I personally like . I didn't even like efffects coming without a DVD as I like to store my effects with their DVDs or written instructions so I know where to find them immediately , I don't want to be rememdering passwords or what file or PDF that is on or was it on my old lap top etc etc. Anyway back on topic the gift is something I do love and I have my own great ideas and uses for it and can get any information from my friends in person in various alternative ways . Sorry for the rant I am not getting at anyone on here it's just old fashioned me so I apologise . If you buy one thing at Blackpool buy The Gift as I believe I do know a great effect when I see one . Have a good weekend to all Tarik 😊Ps I look forward to meeting lots of you at Blackpool next weekend just 5 more sleeps 😊

As opposed to berating you as others have done, I'm curious - what's your solution?

I mean, you obviously have a computer, so you've transitioned from ordering off a catalog with no further interaction ever (or possibly writing a letter hoping for a reply) and instructions coming via form of a poorly written misspelled copy of something that was typed up (or handwritten) to being okay with being FORCED to have some method of playing DVDs and some way of joining and interacting in this forum.

And you apparently like DVDs - and since no one has pointed it out to you, the VHS gag is just pointing out that whether you like change or not, things change and many people consider it better to be able to interact with others and exchange ideas - kind of like you are doing here. But apparently you've approved this forum as a place it's okay to be FORCED to join, so really we just need to look to you for guidance as to how to overcome being FORCED to join some other place.

Or was the point just to rant about the unfairness of life (change is HARD! - except for the change you like and have already accepted), point out that you have the BEST (actually two of the BEST) handlings for this effect (so screw you Facebook people anyway - HA! HA! - I already have the BEST anyway) ?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It's not that Bart , Facebook has nothing to do with magic in its natural form . The Magic Café ( the clues in the name ) does and as I love magic that's different for me . Like you say I believe I have 2 fantastic ideas for this effect and have full access through friends of any ideas that are on Facebook anyway . I don't have to like it as a medium but that's my free choice as is joining the Café . Each to their own I just don't like being forced to joining certain things and I realise no one is forcing me into Facebook and I also realise it's a bonus anyway so all good with me regards Tarik 😊
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
265 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
To those of you on the fence about this:

Better hurry; Penguin only has 9999 left of these!!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7989

:-)
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Very limited edition...not Smile
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
445 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2017, drstevemagic wrote:
To those of you on the fence about this:

Better hurry; Penguin only has 9999 left of these!!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7989

:-)

There are now only 9996 of the Gold left !!
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
I'm not on Facebook either, but have just been told by a friend that Titanas had posted on the facebook page saying that the box may not be working properly once received!

Owners will have to maybe buy an extra something to get it working properly.

I'm sorry, but this just isn't good enough. That means there hasn't been quality control.

This will be the third item I've had is "Black Label Certified" that hasn't been upto scratch - I can see me returning this to MoM
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
445 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2017, TheBentos wrote:
I'm not on Facebook either, but have just been told by a friend that Titanas had posted on the facebook page saying that the box may not be working properly once received!

I'm sorry, but this just isn't good enough. That means there hasn't been quality control.

This will be the third item I've had is "Black Label Certified" that hasn't been upto scratch - I can see me returning this to MoM

I'm also not on Facebook and it makes me wary of buying something where essential information is only posted there (unless buyers are also being contacted directly by email?).

Perhaps Titanus can clarify.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2017, Drtriage wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2017, TheBentos wrote:

I'm also not on Facebook and it makes me wary of buying something where essential information is only posted there (unless buyers are also being contacted directly by email?).

Perhaps Titanus can clarify.

Not exactly

they will be sending free [something] to dealers - but will take some time

many people will have these anyway

and all boxes were apprently checked and fine [they have video proof of this] - it's just what might have happened to some boxes in transit

it's too do with the properties of this something - which means you may need something to 'realign' everything

doesn't seem as bad as it might do just because we can't reveal certain words as they are to do with the method
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..27..32..37..42..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL