The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..29..33..37..41..45..46~47~48 [Next]
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Thank you Tarik
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Received this today and am more than happy with it, great little device.
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
445 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2017, Johnsypoppins wrote:
Received this today and am more than happy with it, great little device.


Looks like it is living up to expectations as they start to be received.
Axman
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of Axman
Mine came this morning but I didn't get a chance to look at it in detail until tonight...
It's simply brilliant
Looked at the box, nothing to find
Looked at the deck and wondered why they bothered sending a regular deck? I have loads
This is the happiest I've felt with a "trick" (this goes way beyond a "trick") since I bought "double back" and "the crusade"
Its clever, so clever, it's elegant, it writes itself, it's deeply fooling.
It's absolutely fantastic
Respect to Angelo Carbone
I paid for mine and I don't know the creator
But what a beautiful thing this is
Take a bow Angelo
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Angelo your PM box is full, would like to message you about something.

The more I play the more I like this.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, Johnsypoppins wrote:
Angelo your PM box is full, would like to message you about something.

The more I play the more I like this.


Sorry guys. I cleared up some space. Hit me. 😊
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Axman what a wonderful post! To hear such lovely comments about something I am very proud of makes me feel happy and that it was all worth while. Thank you so much!
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5901 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
My friend got this and I had the opportunity to see and play with 'The Gift'. Before seeing the actual prop (The Gift) I had a fairly good idea about its working. And like I had already envisaged, my thinking was spot-on.

The working principle, the construction and the thinking gone behind this prop is simply ingenious (like most of Angelo's other creations). The Gift is a very versatile prop with lot of potential. Imagination will be the only limiting factor. Said that:-

I feel, instead of having an additional item to activate the mechanism (I had asked a similar linking question earlier but my post was deleted), which needs getting IN and OUT as well as concealment (to an extent), it would have been much better if a more suitable and innocent looking device could be used. I'm sure this could have been easily thought of as an alternative. I will refrain from going into further detail for fear of exposure.

For this expensive prop, I have one concern please. Although the overall construction of the cardboard box is reasonably strong and good; however I can visualize that, over a period of time, the working parts of the box is likely to be affected by humidity &/or moisture (being a thin sheet of cardboard), thus in the long run this can cause warping. I do hope this aspect has been taken care of, and if so, - How?

Overall the GIFT is a nice, simple, easy to use and a very versatile prop.

My thoughts please.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1925 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2017, Ustaad wrote:
My friend got this and I had the opportunity to see and play with 'The Gift'. Before seeing the actual prop (The Gift) I had a fairly good idea about its working. And like I had already envisaged, my thinking was spot-on.

The working principle, the construction and the thinking gone behind this prop is simply ingenious (like most of Angelo's other creations). The Gift is a very versatile prop with lot of potential. Imagination will be the only limiting factor. Said that:-

I feel, instead of having an additional item to activate the mechanism (I had asked a similar linking question earlier but my post was deleted), which needs getting IN and OUT as well as concealment (to an extent), it would have been much better if a more suitable and innocent looking device could be used. I'm sure this could have been easily thought of as an alternative. I will refrain from going into further detail for fear of exposure.

For this expensive prop, I have one concern please. Although the overall construction of the cardboard box is reasonably strong and good; however I can visualize that, over a period of time, the working parts of the box is likely to be affected by humidity &/or moisture (being a thin sheet of cardboard), thus in the long run this can cause warping. I do hope this aspect has been taken care of, and if so, - How?

Overall the GIFT is a nice, simple, easy to use and a very versatile prop.

My thoughts please.

Smile


Thanks for your review

Always good to read Ustaad take on latest items
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2017, Ustaad wrote:
Before seeing the actual prop (The Gift) I had a fairly good idea about its working. And like I had already envisaged, my thinking was spot-on.


You're so clever Ustaad Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, doriancaudal wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2017, Ustaad wrote:
Before seeing the actual prop (The Gift) I had a fairly good idea about its working. And like I had already envisaged, my thinking was spot-on.


You're so clever Ustaad Smile


lol
I never understood why some magicians have the need to share how clever they are.
What difference does it make people? It's not about you, it's about a product and that particular product happened to be amazing.

MP
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Ustaad the box had to be made out of cardboard as I wanted it to look like a gift box you could buy from any store. If it was made out of wood it would look like a magic prop. The box is very well made and should not warp but should there be a minor issue then a few flexes of the fingers will fix everything. If you can find a space age cardboard material that is as rigid as steel, please let me know. Smile

Your other comment I assume was deleted because you were exposing something of the method and it is not fair to spoil it to others who have yet to see the effect and have the opportunity to be fooled or not and make their own decision.

The item used to activate the box is and can be well hidden and any other item used would not be as good because the hands would not look empty. I thought of other ways and this was the best way.

I am glad you like the trick anyway.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5901 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2017, Angelo Carbone wrote:

Ustaad the box had to be made out of cardboard as I wanted it to look like a gift box you could buy from any store. If it was made out of wood it would look like a magic prop. The box is very well made and should not warp but should there be a minor issue then a few flexes of the fingers will fix everything. If you can find a space age cardboard material that is as rigid as steel, please let me know. Smile


Please let me clarify that my comment regarding 'warping' was NOT for the box but for the crucial moving parts only.

I would humbly suggest a simple reinforcement of the moving parts (on the inner side i.e. the hidden side) by using an acrylic frame (say 3mm wide and about 1mm thick) would have made the moving part quite rigid and thus prevent any future problem of warping due to humidity/moisture. Otherwise, like I have already said - "Overall the GIFT is a nice, simple, easy to use and a very versatile prop".

Hope that helps! Smile

Back to the reviews please. Thank you.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I understand what you mean but I think it works quite well as it is. The fact it is cardboard means I can flex or bow it so it becomes more invisible due to the pressure that's put against it and the bowed edges wanting to flatten. This is far too technical for me to go into.

It works 😀
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
The best way to protect your cardboard box imo would be to cover it in fablon, its why they cover school books with it, makes them last longer.
novestro
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of novestro
Hi, I have just got the Gift and I am a bit disappointed: The magnet is much too week, it is fixed with something like a chewing gum, does not keep its place, and it does not work! You can push and press as much as you want, it does not work! The English of the instructions sounds like an Arab language and is hardly understood by a non-native speaker. I simply can`t follow the instructions althouig I was a teacher of English for 40 years. Sorry, but I will send the trick back!
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I will see one tomorow and if it is good I will buy it,I really like the look of it
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Novestro. I have messaged you. Please don't give up on the box. Maybe you have a faulty box. Maybe not. Please read the PM.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
magusofpower
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
13 Posts

Profile of magusofpower
I just received "The Gift" and overall I am very pleased. I did have to do a little flexing and adjusting in order to make everything invisible upon inspection (to my satisfaction) but like Angelo mentioned already in post, it is very easy to do. My package had been mishandled which is what led to the problem, not faulty construction (Just to be clear.) I am impressed with the thinking that went in to creating this and then being able to mass produce reliable copies had to be a challenge. What patience Angelo must possess. Anyway, just wanted to share my two cents regarding the flexing and warping of the "mechanism" to let folks know that it's easily corrected if it happens. This effect is sure to get your creative juices flowing so I highly recommend it. It's well made, well supported, and clever as hell. Best Wishes!
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Well...

I just got mine...

And I am one of the unlucky ones...

I bought it from Saturn [UK] - any idea how long until you might send them the special something - I guess then I just swap the thing in the TT for the special something that is sent to me????

It's annoying as I so wanted to have a play with this and maybe use it this weekend

I'm moving away from using the deck [as if spec deals face up - there's a chance they may go long and deal a lot of cards - which may not be an ideal situation when they are all being dealt face up] - so I'm thinking of ways to force one thing from many possibilties - then giving the spec the number of free choices that this item makes possible....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (532 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..29..33..37..41..45..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL