The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (549 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33..46~47~48 [Next]
Not Steve Brooks
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Not Steve Brooks
Good point, videoman.

I suppose there's no perfect solution, as each presentation has its pros and cons. I even thought about wrapping the box with wrapping paper for special occasions, with a bow on top! I can't even begin to imagine how a spectator could even begin to try and figure out how this trick works. Along with Ice Qube, this is one of the most impossible tricks I've bought in a long time. And the presentation options are endless!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Ok all understood and valid points but you certainly would de ribbon remove the cards and re ribbon ? I do
Like the idea of doing the mechanics with the ribbon on though as it somehow seems to sell the Impossilibilty premise . Best wishes Tarik 😊
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
159 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hi guys,

I really like the idea from Not Steve Brooks as this way ist is a amazing, because noboy knows what is inside.
Which is much better for mentalism.

The mentaslism effect is: there is one perfect prediction
The magic effect is: there is a perfect prediction in a formerly empty box. The apperance of the prediction is a cool effect but it does shift attention form a perfect prediction as a mind feat to the question: How did the billet get into the box. There is a magic trick involved ... and so on. I think you get my thinking.

Thanks
Stefan
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, Argon wrote:

The magic effect is: there is a perfect prediction in a formerly empty box.

I don't think the 'magic' effect is the prefered way [of many/any people] to do this

I originally asked if that was the effect [of the gift] when it was first announced - as that would have been of no interest to me

I would think at least 99% of people will be doing this as a prediction and not an apperance effect

Also the creator has said that is how 'it should' be done

To do so otherwise is to call into question whether there is some trick box in effect here... rather than an amazing prediction - 'how did you know/influence me to choose that'
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Understood just wondered why Titanus makes such a big deal of shaking the box in the demo as if something has magically arrived ?
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
Understood just wondered why Titanus makes such a big deal of shaking the box in the demo as if something has magically arrived ?

Well... [my Gift isn't working - yet - still waiting on something special] - but I would guess the shake might help [can't say more]

And the idea is, 'listen - there has always been this one piece of paper in here... but you open the box to see what it is'

I don't think it's a - 'this was empty, now listen there is something magically appeared inside the box'
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
The shake is used as you say "Remember I said there was something else in the box at the beginning? [gently shake box briefly]. I think you can hear it. Here you take the box and open it..." etc etc
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Understood completely I realise the premise and that's the way I will use it alway I just wanted to emphasis the possibilities with this great utility item , best wishes Tarik 😊
Not Steve Brooks
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Not Steve Brooks
The size of the box vs. the size of the paper in the box doesn't bother me at all. It kind of reminds of those old game shows where you could choose a prize from several boxes. Sometimes the largest box had the smallest prize.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Routining could eliminate the issue of size discrepancy between the box and it's contents.

Add another layer of mystery, by suggesting at the start, that ANYTHING could be in the box.

As your routine progresses, make your audience WANT the contents of the box to be a prediction......

This should be fairly simple to do, it just requires some thought, depending on what, exactly, you;ll be using the box for.

Still waiting to join the FB group.....
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2017, Angelo Carbone wrote:

100% agree videoman. A box with more than four sides will result in smaller prediction papers.

I humbly differ with the above. The size of prediction paper can remain the same provided the folded RECTANGULAR prediction paper is loaded vertically (i.e length wise) instead of horizontally (i.e. width wise) - Hope this makes some sense Smile. This will also make the size of each panel much smaller (i.e. width wise).

As I mentioned these are just MY thoughts which I try and share over here - Good if one likes it and if not, no problems. Smile Smile

I feel sharing of ideas/thoughts should be taken in the right spirit but of late I see that's not always the case.

Thank you and continue please . . . . Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Alas Ustadd they can't be vertical because of a technical and gravity aspect. Cheers though.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Ustadd, make up a rough prototype incorporating your ideas and see if it flies.
Just keep in mind that the major llimiting factor is not length or width but depth.
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
I just got mine! It looks rather good except that one corner of the bottom of the box is slightly peeled off. Either the glue isn't strong enough or maybe it's due to the plane ride. I'm assuming mine is a rare case, so I'll let it slide. Everything else functioned fine as soon as I tried. I didn't even need to use the tips provided.

I have some comments in reply to the comments above about using it as an appearance rather than a prediction. I think using it as a prediction is preferable as you do not want to draw attention to it as a Gimmick. At least in my experience, if people know the item is a gimmick, then their reaction would be, "Cool, gimmick. He waited for me to select a card and put the paper into the gimmick box." Using it as a prediction however gets, "How on earth did he predict my card?"

My ideal routine would be to do a !@#$e such as using svenpad. Could be a place, person, cartoon character, etc. Have this already in the box. For example, imagine a spongebob keychain or a superman miniature in the box. Then they pick a card while imagining they are that the place, or with the person. Then their wishes come true in the gift. They untie the ribbon, open the box and find the pic of the place, a figure/keychain and a piece of paper which predicts picking the card. This would also justify the space in the box.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Can anyone confirm where these boxes are being made? Are they being made in the US or the UK?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I want mine to be made in China.
The "made in China" sticker helps for you know what ...

Click here to view attached image.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Angelo what a beautiful crafted piece you came up with!

Thank you
Drtriage
View Profile
Elite user
My garden fence has
463 Posts

Profile of Drtriage
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2017, Jean-Luc.R. wrote:
I want mine to be made in China.
The "made in China" sticker helps for you know what ...

as China is the Far East (to us westerners) and 'orientation' etymologically means to face East very appropriate!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2017, wchoo002 wrote:

My ideal routine would be to do a !@#$e such as using svenpad. Could be a place, person, cartoon character, etc. Have this already in the box. For example, imagine a spongebob keychain or a superman miniature in the box. Then they pick a card while imagining they are that the place, or with the person. Then their wishes come true in the gift. They untie the ribbon, open the box and find the pic of the place, a figure/keychain and a piece of paper which predicts picking the card. This would also justify the space in the box.

FYI, the post-it note SvenPad fits perfectly inside the box along with a deck of cards and even a figure/keychain as long as it isn't too large.
Justifies the box and keeps everything self-contained.
Fligmupple
View Profile
New user
This account will expire in
83 Posts

Profile of Fligmupple
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2017, videoman wrote:

FYI, the post-it note SvenPad fits perfectly inside the box along with a deck of cards and even a figure/keychain as long as it isn't too large.
Justifies the box and keeps everything self-contained.
I was hoping the SvenPad Mini would also fit inside the box.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angelo Carbone - The Gift (549 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33..46~47~48 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL